• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Only four sleeps until im banded! Eek!

Yep, it's good to hear things are improving - and you should be feeling a lot better too :)

You'll soon be sick of liquids haha.

Funny BB, I made a Thai red monkfish curry for his dinner and I blitzed some for myself and it was lush to have something with flavour! Really enjoyed it and drank a little too much and I have terrible garlic breath now but yummy!

I feel terrific today, a week exactly after surgery. I can't believe how brilliant I feel really, I think because I've lost weight already, I can already breath better. X

Well it's been 7 weeks since I was banded and I have had one fill. I'd love to say the weight was dropping off but it's not. That said, I have kept off my pre op loss which is very good as normally when I lose it quick I regain it even quicker!

I am happy to lose a pound a week. I need to lose about four stone and considering I normally lose and gain three stone in a year, it at times seems frustrating that I'm not getting the quick results that I'd normally have as a new year regimen but instead, I have noticed my shape is changing considerably for the better and clothes are fitting me better.

These are the changes that my surgeon said I would notice. I'm learning new things about myself, my band, my body everyday. Plus, learning to analyse and understand where I've always gone wrong.

Hope you guys are all doing well.

I'm about 9 weeks post op and similarly the weight is not dropping off me, but that's fine. I'm not beating myself up about it as I'm trying mostly to get a 'normal' relationship with food. I've had one fill and I do have some restriction, but more than anything I find myself leaving food and eating slowly. I really enjoy that, it's what slim people do! It's so funny when I go out with my slim friends they don't ever comment about the little amount of food I'm eating as that is what they all do anyway! (they don't know about the band) I have another fill in a couple of weeks and I'm pretty sure that will take me up to restriction. Have to say I'm more worried about things going wrong with the band in the future than anything else.

Hi chappers! Glad you're doing OK, hope all is well at home.

I'm losing very slowly as well but I'm fine with it.

I had my third fill nearly two weeks ago and the band is still pretty tight. I've been told I can't have another fill (and wouldn't want one!) as I'm now very restricted. There was even talk of a defill, but we shall see.

Back