• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Only four sleeps until im banded! Eek!

Not having a good night. My canula has been sore all day and at 1am they came to administer more drugs only to discover my vein had collapsed. They'd not been good since I had chemo. So they had to wake some miserable bugger to put in another further up my inner arm.

Since then the drip machine keeps going off as the vein is dodgy. Plus I've got inflatable cuffs on my legs blowing up and down to stop me getting clots and it makes an awful racket'

And the rotten wind pain is driving me mad! Grrr!

Sorry to read this Chappers. My first night in HDU after my bypass in July was pretty miserable - and the claustrophobia was made worse by the heatwave going on. Yes, the inflating leg things were a pain. But just remember that every second that ticks by you will never have to live again. Let us know later on today how you've got on being disconnected.

You will soon be home and getting on with life. As folks have said, some nearest and dearest don't like change. Good luck with it all x

Thanks lilac. I'm dreading going home. It's been lovely away from the atmosphere for a few days. I'm fed up of being attached to machinery though. If I could walk about more I'd feel more comfortable. Not long now though. X

Sorry to read this Chappers. My first night in HDU after my bypass in July was pretty miserable - and the claustrophobia was made worse by the heatwave going on. Yes, the inflating leg things were a pain. But just remember that every second that ticks by you will never have to live again. Let us know later on today how you've got on being disconnected.

You will soon be home and getting on with life. As folks have said, some nearest and dearest don't like change. Good luck with it all x

You could always ask for an extra night till u feel stronger. I have three special needs kids n can have additional nights to recover if I'm not up to facing home life xxx

Oh I'd forgotten those booties...
Hopefully they'll let you sleep in your own bed tonight - atmosphere or no, it's got to be more restful than the hospital. Plus at home no booties so if you want to get up and walk around you can x

I've had a hellish night. A vein collapsed so they had to fit another canula at two in the morning and the shoulder pain is bad. I've got more morhine today b

Glad the op is over, I hope you feel better soon xx

You really sound in need of a good nights sleep. I didn't get a wink the night after my op. Inflatable boots, blood pressure cuff, machines beeping away (that was mine, then the same for the other 4 in the room). I never was so glad to get away!

When you get home tell that hubby of yours in no uncertain terms, whether he is happy with what you've had done or not you've had major surgery and under the terms of your wedding vows he is obliged to look after you!!!! (Hmmm, you can see now why I'm single :) )

Sorry to hear it's been rubbish for you! I must be mad I loved those booties they relaxed me..,...maybe that was just the drugs!

Thanks guys. I think I'll be ok now. I'm about to have a shower then go home. I've had more morphine so I'm groggy again. I'll go to bed when I get home for a snooze then get on my walker.

Lord knows what Will happen when he gets home from work tonight, my son is very angry with him I could see it coming to blows but I don't want that. I'll try and be cool about it all.

X

Hey hun, sorry you had a shitty night, you'll be happier when you're in your bed in the peace and quiet of your own home.

Try not to worry too much about miserable hubby, let your son sort him out and focus on feeling better. Maybe it would be better if he stayed on his boat for a few days while you get back on your feet?

Most people say day 5 is the turning point and you'll feel a lot better then, so just hang in there for now and get lots of rest.

Walking, peppermint tea/cordial, windmilling your arms and Windeze are all meant to be good for the wind pain (I'm sure you already know all that!) - some people swear by Boots own xxx

Thanks love. I'm looking forward to doing all that when I get home. I'll have a snooze then get on my walking machine. I feel better for being up and showered.

Not at all hungry though which is good. I've managed half a milk shake this morning. First nourishment since Saturday.

The clinic said I couldn't drive for seven days but the consultant says not to drive until I see him on the 22st! That's gonna put the cat amongst the pigeons! X

I've had a hellish night. A vein collapsed so they had to fit another canula at two in the morning and the shoulder pain is bad. I've got more morhine today b

Take a rest n an hour at a time. I remember those shoulder pains :( it's air trapped I think. Keep smiling :)

I'm thinking of getting banded I'm 5'7 and weight 14.12, anyone know if my BMI is high enough for banding? And were is the cheapest place u wud recommend? I'm in Ireland by I could travel.

Take a rest n an hour at a time. I remember those shoulder pains :( it's air trapped I think. Keep smiling :)

Since I've been home, I've had a lovely sleep and a hot water bottle on my shoulder which has really helped. I've had two goes on the walking machine to which has got the wind moving! So that was great advice, thank you.

On the hubby front, we've had a huge row which cleared the air. He broke down in tears and told me he was terrified of losing me after all we went through when I had cancer and they'd given me 18 months to live. That was 15 years ago and I lived to tell the tale but he thinks I pushing my luck. Sad really. Anyway, onwards and upwards. X

Since I've been home, I've had a lovely sleep and a hot water bottle on my shoulder which has really helped. I've had two goes on the walking machine to which has got the wind moving! So that was great advice, thank you.

On the hubby front, we've had a huge row which cleared the air. He broke down in tears and told me he was terrified of losing me after all we went through when I had cancer and they'd given me 18 months to live. That was 15 years ago and I lived to tell the tale but he thinks I pushing my luck. Sad really. Anyway, onwards and upwards. X

Sweetheart, time fir both if you to kiss n make up n go forward together. Men are funny sods when frightened :( xxx

I'm thinking of getting banded I'm 5'7 and weight 14.12, anyone know if my BMI is high enough for banding? And were is the cheapest place u wud recommend? I'm in Ireland by I could travel.

Need to be 35 n co morbidity I think. I had my band done in belgium. Eurostar to station, picked up n everything done for e n booked into hotel. Worked a treat for years then NHS ruined it :( need to make sure u have gook uk follow up tho

Glad you've cleared the air with your hubby, hopefully he'll be more supportive now you've come through fine.
Hope the wind pains shift quickly x

Back