• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Only four sleeps until im banded! Eek!

Glad you've cleared the air with your hubby, hopefully he'll be more supportive now you've come through fine. Hope the wind pains shift quickly x

I'm trumping for England at the moment (too much information!!!) He still doesn't want to talk about it but it's fine. So far I've had a sugar free jelly, 5 teaspoons of beef consommé and I'm now sipping a warm milk with a spoonful of malt extract. Do you think that's ok?

As long as you're getting enough fluids, just don't let yourself get dehydrated.
I kept an eye on my pee to make sure it stayed nice and pale.

My wind all came out the other end. If you've ever seen the film Elf, there's a burp in there that I was doing good impressions of!:D

I've sipped a lot of water too. I managed more than expected straight after the op, they were quite pleased with me. I've had a lot of peppermint stuff too. My son is staying with me for a few days and he's a chef, so he's going to make me some lovely soups.

It's such a strange sensation, I'm not sure what I'm feeling, especially as I can feel where the tube was down my throat. Can you still feel yours? X

I know exactly what you mean, I felt like that for two or three days. Weird, isn't it?

Lucky you, with your own chef!:D

I'm thinking of getting banded I'm 5'7 and weight 14.12, anyone know if my BMI is high enough for banding? And were is the cheapest place u wud recommend? I'm in Ireland by I could travel.

I was less than a stone heavier than you when I was banded, so yes I'm sure you could have the op.

My provider is the Hospital Group and I've been happy with them thus far. Their hospital is Dolan Park near Birmingham.

I partly went with them because of the price; the op is £5k. But do look into all the providers and see which is best for you.

Since I've been home, I've had a lovely sleep and a hot water bottle on my shoulder which has really helped. I've had two goes on the walking machine to which has got the wind moving! So that was great advice, thank you.

On the hubby front, we've had a huge row which cleared the air. He broke down in tears and told me he was terrified of losing me after all we went through when I had cancer and they'd given me 18 months to live. That was 15 years ago and I lived to tell the tale but he thinks I pushing my luck. Sad really. Anyway, onwards and upwards. X

I'm glad you've cleared the air with hubby, and it's good he's finally been able to tell you that he's worried. Blokes have a funny way of showing they care sometimes.

Hopefully he'll be a bit more supportive now you've had the op.

Wow, you came through cancer too - he should know then that you're very brave and a true fighter.

My throat was quite croaky for a few days after being intubated.

Hey chappers I'm so glad you and hubby have managed to clear things up a bit! They are such silly sausages arnt they x

They are indeed. He's still not himself, but I think that's because my son is staying with me until tomorrow and he confronted him about not supporting me. The only dark cloud on the horizon is that if I have a problem with the band, I can't confide in him as it'll be "Told you didn't i?" And not al all helpful. But I guess I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

I'm feeling a bit tired today. I've had a mooch round but fell asleep on the sofa, so I've come back to bed for a bit but I, going to go on the treadmill later. I've managed half a cup of tea this morning and a yogurt, which took two attempts to eat.

They are indeed. He's still not himself, but I think that's because my son is staying with me until tomorrow and he confronted him about not supporting me. The only dark cloud on the horizon is that if I have a problem with the band, I can't confide in him as it'll be "Told you didn't i?" And not al all helpful. But I guess I'll have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

I'm feeling a bit tired today. I've had a mooch round but fell asleep on the sofa, so I've come back to bed for a bit but I, going to go on the treadmill later. I've managed half a cup of tea this morning and a yogurt, which took two attempts to eat.

Don't try to do too much, you need to rest and heal.

Another couple of days and you'll suddenly feel loads better, it's really tiring when you're not taking in many calories.

Hi again! So I have been quoted EUR4250 for a band in Belgium by professional beauty. It will be dr. Chris de bruyne. Any advice people? so nervous! I have asked them to send me a list of free dates for February! Now all I need to do is hit the credit union for the funds!

Have you read all the small print? You need to be aware of your travel expenses to and from the clinics for follow ups for fills etc... I believe his clinics are in London. Some people end up having a dozen or so fills. When you consider your travel expenses, it may be a false economy in the long run. My procedure cost £6950 and was carried at out a hospital one hour from home. I had a taxi home from the hospital which I found quite gruelling as I was very uncomfortable. To travel a long way may be very troublesome for you. There is a lot to consider before you make your decision. Best of luck though.

The big things for me were around follow-up. How many nurses are there, how often are they in the local clinic, how quickly could I see someone in an emergency, how many dieticians are there, how often could I sit down with a dietician...
The surgeon who did my band works for a few providers, so the follow-up was what swung it for me - it's really important with a band.

Good luck!

Hi again! So I have been quoted EUR4250 for a band in Belgium by professional beauty. It will be dr. Chris de bruyne. Any advice people? so nervous! I have asked them to send me a list of free dates for February! Now all I need to do is hit the credit union for the funds!

He was at the clinic I used. The hospitals there arecsoooooo clean

definately check out the aftercare. I've had a few issues with mine literally clerical errors but still when your paying thousands you expect to be looked after! x

Well, day 6 post surgery and I feel so much better. You were right girls. I have definitely turned a corner. Woke up very hungry it I'm so afraid of that horrid bloated feeling that I've learnt my lesson and so am sipping a Yakult. Fingers crossed it fills me in a good way!

Hi guys, I've got an appointment to see the nurse of Friday for a wound check. It all looks fine and I have absorbable stitches so hopefully that should be OK.

Hubby keeps blowing hot and cold. Saturday, it was looking grim but he's getting better day by day. To add to the fear and insecurities come ignorance. We were discussing whitebait, and I said how I was looking forward to trying it at a particular restaurant and he was saying how I wouldn't be able to eat it again. I told him that I should be able to eat most things, but not in the quantities that I used to. I think he got it into his head that I would be eating through a straw for ever more. If he had actually sat and discussed it with me rationally I could have allayed all these doubts and fears but there you go. Typical man!!! X

Back