• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oodles' Weekly Weigh In

Well done, I understand you not wanting to be skinny. I feel the same :) I'm 11 st 5, happy like this just working on improving my shape and a few problem areas. My target is 11 stone but I will look too old / wrinkly if I lose much more, in my opinion lol! I eat more calories now and it's slower, I didn't want to race off into the skinny zone. It's personal and some people like / suit being very small but not me lol!

Maybe if you lose 1/2 stone more then you have room for manoeuvre if you gain a little over holidays etc . Like a safety net .. Your clothes shouldn't change much with that amount ?
Either way , your looking lovely ..
Mindy
Xxx

Possibly :) I know I probably technically need to lose those 3st. I'm just a bit worried about not recognising myself, you know? I've never been slim, so being this size (not slim, but heading into normal size category) is all new to me. It's not like I used to be slim and then it all went wrong - I've always been big. So this attention I get and the outfits I can wear - I've got a denim skirt on today, it's always been my dream to own one. And now I'm wearing one, and it's above my knee, and I feel good in it. I kind of feel like a big torch is on me and I'm not used to it.

Was down to 200.8 this morning... it's all fine.

I'm feeling a bit emosh today. I feel this is a mixture of several things:

1) Primarily the work crush situation. My new lip gloss is amazing, so if nothing comes of it, at least I have my lip gloss :). But I've bored myself out of my brain obsessing about Monday. It's been exhausting. I've always been kind of scared of boys, they have the power to turn your life upside down and take all control away from you. I get on with boys very well, and probably enjoy their company more than girls. But the thought of having one person in charge of your happiness is terrifying to me. I've always been very independent and in control of my own life. So I guess I've used my size as a protective blanket - I can flirt with them and it doesn't mean anything because they won't fancy me. Even if I'm disappointed in that fact, I know I won't get properly hurt because it won't go that far. (Apart from when it did go that far and I got my heart broken and I haven't looked at a boy in 5 years since then.) Now I feel that all these opportunities are out there and there's a possibility I can grab them, and I don't know what to do. Yesterday my male friend told me I looked amazing. I felt like saying - do you mean actually amazing, or amazing in comparison to what I used to look like? lol. (I didn't ask.) All these compliments from people who I know, and have seen me shrink, may have over inflated my ego - and for someone who's never seen me before? To them I could just be a chubby girl who giggles a lot. I don't know.
I don't know how Monday will go. But I've never been in a position where there's someone I fancy the pants off of, and there's a distinct possibility they might find me attractive (unless it's like an internet date thing, which is totally different because you know what you're both there for). I feel like I'm 15 and should have gotten all of this out of my system a long time ago. This whole thing is more about how it's made me feel, rather than him himself. I know he must have a girlfriend (esp with that facebook photo) so I'm not seriously thinking anything will happen. But I feel flooded with happy hormones for the first time in those five years and I feel chatty, flirty, excited, like I want to take pride in myself and make that effort. I was talking to my old friends in the office yesterday, something I haven't done in ages. I even agreed to go to the company cricket match I haven't been to since 2010.

2) Dami Im, Australia's Eurovision entrant this year, released an album of Carpenters covers today, and I've been listening to it for about 2 hours so far. I LOVE the Carpenters, and Dami has a beautiful voice. But those songs are so emotional and make me cry. So let's blame them shall we :)

If I could sit down and have a coffee with you
I would say to you , your over thinking ..
Your young , very very pretty , a beautiful smile , lovely disposition with a spark for life .
Breath and take a step back , then continue with head up .. Go with the flow , watch , wait , and relax Into your new life .. You have so much ahead of you , leave all that old baggage where it belongs , it's already taken up to much of your time . You can be who ever you want to be , you have youth , vitality and spark ..
Go set em alight !
Mindy
Xxx

Possibly :) I know I probably technically need to lose those 3st. I'm just a bit worried about not recognising myself, you know? I've never been slim, so being this size (not slim, but heading into normal size category) is all new to me. It's not like I used to be slim and then it all went wrong - I've always been big. So this attention I get and the outfits I can wear - I've got a denim skirt on today, it's always been my dream to own one. And now I'm wearing one, and it's above my knee, and I feel good in it. I kind of feel like a big torch is on me and I'm not used to it.

Was down to 200.8 this morning... it's all fine.

I'm feeling a bit emosh today. I feel this is a mixture of several things:

1) Primarily the work crush situation. My new lip gloss is amazing, so if nothing comes of it, at least I have my lip gloss :). But I've bored myself out of my brain obsessing about Monday. It's been exhausting. I've always been kind of scared of boys, they have the power to turn your life upside down and take all control away from you. I get on with boys very well, and probably enjoy their company more than girls. But the thought of having one person in charge of your happiness is terrifying to me. I've always been very independent and in control of my own life. So I guess I've used my size as a protective blanket - I can flirt with them and it doesn't mean anything because they won't fancy me. Even if I'm disappointed in that fact, I know I won't get properly hurt because it won't go that far. (Apart from when it did go that far and I got my heart broken and I haven't looked at a boy in 5 years since then.) Now I feel that all these opportunities are out there and there's a possibility I can grab them, and I don't know what to do. Yesterday my male friend told me I looked amazing. I felt like saying - do you mean actually amazing, or amazing in comparison to what I used to look like? lol. (I didn't ask.) All these compliments from people who I know, and have seen me shrink, may have over inflated my ego - and for someone who's never seen me before? To them I could just be a chubby girl who giggles a lot. I don't know.
I don't know how Monday will go. But I've never been in a position where there's someone I fancy the pants off of, and there's a distinct possibility they might find me attractive (unless it's like an internet date thing, which is totally different because you know what you're both there for). I feel like I'm 15 and should have gotten all of this out of my system a long time ago. This whole thing is more about how it's made me feel, rather than him himself. I know he must have a girlfriend (esp with that facebook photo) so I'm not seriously thinking anything will happen. But I feel flooded with happy hormones for the first time in those five years and I feel chatty, flirty, excited, like I want to take pride in myself and make that effort. I was talking to my old friends in the office yesterday, something I haven't done in ages. I even agreed to go to the company cricket match I haven't been to since 2010.

2) Dami Im, Australia's Eurovision entrant this year, released an album of Carpenters covers today, and I've been listening to it for about 2 hours so far. I LOVE the Carpenters, and Dami has a beautiful voice. But those songs are so emotional and make me cry. So let's blame them shall we :)
Hi Ooodles

Thank you for sharing your feelings. I was told during my assessment that I may reach a stage during my weight loss journey where I could struggle with becoming a 'new me' and letting go of the old one with regards to relationships, and could be a reason why I could scupper the weight loss. I was told to take this seriously and seek psychological help if it happened. My weight has been a barrier against letting a man become close to me after being abused.

It was this sentence of yours that stood out for me "But the thought of having one person in charge of your happiness is terrifying to me."

YOU are in charge of your happiness. Don't let any man take that power away. x

Oh no I know, sorry bad choice of words :)

Like I mean if they leave suddenly or cheat, then the wind is knocked out of you. And you never see it coming. That's all!

Seriously...get a dog! If you want happiness get a lovely loyal devoted dog! Never mind a man..a dog will never let you down! X

Well, it was time for my hometown trip to Matalan. Asda's have stopped making my control wear and I need some in a 14 now so Matalan saved me. Not as tough as I wanted so it doesn't suck me in, but it stops the wobbles so it'll do for me.

Comfortable in size 16 troos! And I got a size 14 jumper (they didn't have a 16). It's technically too small but I love the colour so I bought it for future reference. I'm so happy I have some black trousers for work again. And they're really high waisted so it makes my waist look small. Mazin. OH and I got a Bardot top which scrapes the top of my shoulders. I've always loved them but avoided them due to stretch marks on my shoulders, but this one hides them. I do have a tattoo on my back which is very visible in this top so I don't know if I can get away with it at work, but I might just take a fleece in case I get judging glances. I may have to bleach my arms tomorrow, or veet them as the sleeves only go to the elbows. Stupid PCOS. But now I have a flirty outfit for Tuesday!

I love trying on clothes so much. I get most of my clothes from eBay but I prefer going into actual shops and just trying things I wouldn't be brave enough to buy. It's so much fun. Today I tried on several dresses including a beautiful red one in Next. I'm not bold enough for a bright red dress, and it was too smart for work, but it looked nice.

Also got some new bras. 36 peeps! My smallest bra ever! Unfortunately I underestimated the cup size, but I will save the ones I bought for the inevitable shrinkage. I got these from Asda's. Apart from the fact the cups are too small, they are so hard it's like an actual shelf, therefore making me look like I have a normal person's chest and not that of an 80 year old! Woop! As long as no-one accidentally brushes against me and thinks I'm wearing a suit of MDF I think it'll be ok!

I've been out today quite a bit and have had a terrible food day. I just forgot to eat. I find eating such a chore, because I know I can't eat a lot so I just think why bother? Plus as I'm at my parents' house I had to make do. Ended up eating a southern fried chicken fillet thing with a tomato and some cucumber. Not eaten any processed chicken since the op and ended up scraping the coating off as it felt oily. Isn't it funny how tastes change? I had some tinned ravioli the other week and couldn't eat it as I just found it slimy. I never thought the day would come where I would refuse pasta! Perhaps I will test my love of potatoes next week with a small jacket. I may even try some cheese and beans with it. Once I can comfortably wear that size 14 jumper I might start allowing carbs back into my life on a semi-regular basis.

Tinned ravioli makes me shudder urghhhh

Are we going to get to see your new outfit ? I love the Bardot shoulder , I have a couple of those cold shoulder tops which I love . That way I get to flash a bit skin , feel feminine but have a sleeve to cover my arms ..
I have PSOS also , I wouldnt say I'm extra hairy but I have other symptoms like those annoying tiny spots cover the upper part of my arms , they feel like sand paper when I touch them and no matter how I scrub them they have never gone ..
Mindy
Xxx

Last edited:
I don't have a suitable mirror at home :oops: I'll get home in a few hours and will try moving my mirror but I can't make any promises - it's not an easy task taking a full length pic!

Hmm. I can't get the hang of this new site format. And the app seems to have died... I can't find anything! I also won't be able to upload photos unless I'm on a computer rather than my phone?? It might be my updates become few and far between.

The news today is that I'm at 198lb; under 200! Woop! I'm 0.2 BMI-things away from no longer being obese.

And today is the day that I meet my work crush in person. I'm much calmer now; I've gotten over my hysteria. And I enjoy my outfit (grey skirt and navy sparkly knit top with black woolly tights and black canvas pumps), my nails look cute (dark pink), my hair looks cute (messy high bun)... I only worry that I overdid the makeup but that's cos I rarely wear anything other than mascara and lip gloss to work and the lighting in the office is well harsh. I don't think my face looks cute. It looks puffy and tired. But at the end of the day who cares, right?! It really doesn't matter :) I feel presentable at least!

COFFEE

Go get him girl !

Ok. It happened.

Short version: I love him.

Long version: He was 30 mins late (v bad). He hugged me on arrival (I don't do human contact), we chatted about nothing for an hour, he showed me pics from his Facebook, he spoke about his kids, he is single, he is gorgeous. He's taller than me, but not like uber tall. He has a dog. He's a year older than I am. There was eye contact but I didn't flirt outrageously (v good). We shared embarrassing stories about various things in our pasts. And I love him.

Omg ! Ooooooodddlessss !
Oodles and dream man sitting in a tree K.I.S.S.I.N.G . :):):)
I'm off to buy a hat for the wedding !

Lol! Well he said he was a single dad. Which I interpreted as he's single. He showed me a face swap thing with who I think is the girl from his Facebook profile photo. I asked who he face swapped with, he said "a friend".

I'm just happy it went well and I didn't disgrace myself. Now I can keep him in a little box of men whom I love from afar (quite literally) :)

Is he not coming back any time soon ?
And is he now added to your Facebook or at least have your number !

He's in tomorrow, he told me I should go see him upstairs and he'll introduce me to the UK team (I'm based in UK but don't have anything to do with the local business).

I don't have Facebook anymore but he has my work details and work mobile if he wants to get in touch! Which I'm sure he won't. I'm pretty sure this is probably one sided. I think he's just a friendly person and I'm just not used to friendly people!!

Back