• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Oodles' Weekly Weigh In

I will do a photo comparison when they've released the pics :) In preparation for this, last night I cropped some old photos of theirs from when I was bigger and I didn't actually recognise myself. I must have been in denial all my life. It was like seeing a stranger. I remember the outfits I was wearing and thinking I looked quite nice. I guess I've always seen myself as smaller than I was - perhaps a 24? But at my heaviest I was only just squeezing into a 32. It's like I can see myself clearly now, at least I can see what everyone else used to see. I'm not quite there yet in my own head at a 16, in that when I see photos of myself I tend to be surprised at how I look. And when I try on clothes I feel they're never going to fit - and then they (sometimes) do. Weird innit. I'm happy at the size I am now. If I get smaller then fine, if I stay this size, also fine. I've not been a size 10 probably since I was 10 years old, so that's not a size I've ever seen myself being. I have 10 more lb to lose until I'm out of the 'obese' bmi category. It would be nice to just be 'overweight' officially, but I don't want my face to get wrinkly. My grandma showed my photo with big bird to her carer who thought I was 12 lol. My grandma corrected her and told her I was 22. I said actually I'm 33! And she couldn't believe it lol. So while I'm not old, I'm not exactly young and seeing as the skin under my clothes is a right mess I don't have much faith in the skin on my face! So perhaps a 10 is not for me. We'll see how it goes obviously but I've been considering allowing more calories to slow the weight loss a bit. My arms and legs are never going to look normal without surgery anyway so it's not like I'm aiming for a bikini or anything. I'll see over the summer how I feel and how much I lose.
I really don't want to be too small, I'd be unhappy but each to their own X

Odd question. Does anyone experience pain after weight loss? Like in bed I sleep on my side and struggle to get comfy because my knees are now hard against each other.

More of an issue is sitting. Even sitting on my sofa is so uncomfortable sometimes I end up so numb it gets actually painful to get up. Work chairs, dining room chairs... I have to raise myself by my arms and have to walk around a bit for the aches to go! Like right now I'm lying on the sofa instead of sitting upright.

Anyone else? Is there a fix for this? I appear to have lost my padding :(

Oodles, I'm so with you! I have a 10inch feather cushion I sleep with between my knees. I'm uncomfortable sat in my car as my seats are firm and a bit sport like. Hard chairs yuk! My hips are also sore when I lay on my side and the on top feels really bony when on my side and it's gross lol! X

I sleep,with a cushion between my knees to stop them aching . Try that , it's really comfortable

The problem is no muscle in the right places! My BMI is 22 which is normal but I can't sit upright in the bath without the bottom of my spine digging in if I do sit ups etc at the gym I have to have another Matt to lay on. More squats ladies!

You're so right. I must get back on the DVDs!! In a while, cos...

Had a small disaster today. I led a meeting at work and didn't realise I'd had my legs crossed the entire hour. Got up to go home, foot had dropped. Hobbled through the office, tripped on my floppy foot and fell down. How awks. Managed to drive home very awkwardly but now I'm home I think I may have properly damaged the foot. Going to wait til tomorrow to analyse swelling/bruising but I may have to abandon my trip to Dublin if it's bad on Sunday! I'm hoping the pain is just referred from my pride after having fallen on my face in the office.

Feeling very sorry for myself :(

You're so right. I must get back on the DVDs!! In a while, cos... Had a small disaster today. I led a meeting at work and didn't realise I'd had my legs crossed the entire hour. Got up to go home, foot had dropped. Hobbled through the office, tripped on my floppy foot and fell down. How awks. Managed to drive home very awkwardly but now I'm home I think I may have properly damaged the foot. Going to wait til tomorrow to analyse swelling/bruising but I may have to abandon my trip to Dublin if it's bad on Sunday! I'm hoping the pain is just referred from my pride after having fallen on my face in the office. Feeling very sorry for myself :(
oh that's sounds awful, I hope it's better soon and no real damage done X

Well something's off cos I was lying down, then decided to get some dinner so got up and had to cling to the wall to get to the kitchen as I couldn't put any weight on it. Then decided I should go for some painkillers as I was in so much pain, but then came over all odd and I think I fainted. Never fainted before! And the weirdest thing is I feel so much better now. As soon as I found myself on the floor I was able to get up and finish getting my painkillers and made it to the sofa hobbling, but able to walk without clinging to the wall. Perhaps I just got up too quickly. I think I might have been in a bit of shock when I hurt my foot. I'm not particularly worried, but I'm definitely working from home tomorrow! And unless I'm 100% I ain't going to Dublin!

Good god ! I would never have picked you out in a line up that's for sure !
How beautiful are you ! Your face is to die for !
Loving the dress also . You look years younger .. Amazing woman !
Mindy
Xxxx

:479:p.s
Is that the murder weapon in that mans hand ?

2lb gone this week!

It was an unexpected TOTM which threw me off I think. Whilst on hol I took those hormone tablets to delay my period, and when it did come it lasted all of 2 days so I think my cycle is a bit screwed up.

Ever nearing that overweight bmi! Although I think my foot will be well enough to go to Dublin on Sunday which always throws my food off a bit so we'll see how that goes.

Did you ever think you would be this weight ? It must feel so amazing !
Well done
Mindy
Xxx

It honestly doesn't feel so foreign, I think other people notice it more than I do. What I enjoy are the CLOTHES. I'm going to get as many cute outfits in my case as possible for next week. And wear bright colours. I'm not hiding away anymore! (Although I will wear thick woolly tights to hide all my bruises lol.)

The fact I'm happy to wear above the knee skirts is a huge change for me. I just wish my calves were smaller so I could wear tall boots in Autumn. They haven't really shrunk all that much. Pretty sure without the excess skin on my thighs my calves would be wider than them!

It honestly doesn't feel so foreign, I think other people notice it more than I do. What I enjoy are the CLOTHES. I'm going to get as many cute outfits in my case as possible for next week. And wear bright colours. I'm not hiding away anymore! (Although I will wear thick woolly tights to hide all my bruises lol.)

The fact I'm happy to wear above the knee skirts is a huge change for me. I just wish my calves were smaller so I could wear tall boots in Autumn. They haven't really shrunk all that much. Pretty sure without the excess skin on my thighs my calves would be wider than them!

Have you tried Evans for tall boots they do wider fits so you may be lucky well done x

I'll try come the Autumn :) i think though at least one will still be too big, I have some old American ones which are wider than Evans and one now fits ok, the other is still too tight! I have a very weird calf situation lol

I'll try come the Autumn :) i think though at least one will still be too big, I have some old American ones which are wider than Evans and one now fits ok, the other is still too tight! I have a very weird calf situation lol

Good luck lol I managed to get sorted there a few years ago when I was struggling and also new look in the wider range worth a try anyway x

Back