• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op cancelled

Wow some great responses, thanks all, you're the best!
Feeling much better this evening :)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

It's a rollercoaster Bex thats for sure isn't it . . .

Tell me about it Kat! I'm in bed all anxious again now!! Need to get to drs at 8:30 for the pre op blood tests in the morning, the ones they do just in case I need a blood transfusion :S

Couldn't sleep last night, think I drifted off around 6ish but alarm went off at 7! Put that on snooze and before I knew it it was 8:20!! Manic rush to docs for 8:30! A little late but got the tests done.

Now that time I did manage to sleep I have a nightmare about the op, day after I kept eating normal food and not chewing and causing agony, silly pre op nerves!

I'm with you on that one! One of life's insomniacs anyway, this isn't helping at all! And then, when you're stressed, you want to turn to something to eat to ease it, or if you are up long hours you feel hungry and it makes it hard cos well, there's only so much darn milk we can drink LOL

I can't believe its 10 days away for me, closer for you. ARGH lol

Just had bad news. Surgeon off sick and they've cancelled my op tomorrow. I'm in bits, 2 weeks of milk for nothing.

Oh no ((((Bex)))) this is dreadful news especially after going through all you have for the two weeks. Do you have any idea when it will be?

OMG Im so sorry :(

They said either 6th or 10th September, but I had mid summer because of my children's schools. Well nothing I can do about that. I'm addressing my serious second thoughts now though. See how the next week or so goes :(

OHH bless you what an anti climax stay strong n focussed its not that far away at least you know what you have to do and its achievable. xx

Oh no, am so sorry. I get the school hols cos I've fitted mine in then too and around work etc. And I think I would be like that if mine were cancelled . . .especially as I have 2nd thoughts there too.

So sorry! Thats really crap :(

Aaaaaawwww bex, i am so sorry to hear they have cancelled :(, big hugs and keep your chin up hunnyxx

Nicky xx

Oh Bex, Stay strong and keep going.
I am being done on the 1st we can do this together in Sept.

Can anyone help with the school runs when they are back?

Thinking of you xx

Jane

Hope you work things out. It would be a shame not to go hrough with it as you've come so far.

Sorry to hear your news, so unfair after your hard work....hope time flies for you xx

Bex, was looking for your thread and its been merged into another one, but wanted to see how you were doing/feeling. . . am here if you want./need to vent! Thinking of you! x

I'm so sorry hunnie xxxxxx

Aaaaw Bex, so sorry to hear your news.
Hopefully you'll be able to sort something out re child care for early September, do you have family who could help out?
((hugs))
Em xxxx

Sorry to Read your op was cancelled, that happened to me too - and I lived to tell the tale x I was a bit further along the path when it happened (at the doors to theatre having kissed my partner goodbye having both sat in surgical admissions lounge for hours) my surgeons mum was ill and he was flying out to SA that evening. He offered me a sleeve as it was quicker! Just over a month later it was all done and dusted - now it's like it never happened (apart from having lost 8 stone!)
Everything happens for a reason Bex, your op won't be long. Don't give in to the fears, even though you have longer to fight with them! Might be better to be facing recovery when the kids are at school, guilt free napping!

There are a couple of real success stories on here that have faced cancelled ops and got there in the end. I remember it happening twice to Mrs Quiggle!!!

Back