• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op was 10 months ago,so happy :)

Hi everyone
Am a bit panicky as can't think what I will need Post-Op?
Was told yesterday I am having my Operation on Saturday, this week.
I have ordered 12 pints of milk for Monday...dont know even if I am allowed that by then? Thought I can at least have that!

Trying to work out what clear soups are available, will buy Marigold Boullion today...can have that, I would imagine. Will get a bottle suitable for sipping water all day.

Can anyone advise???:wave_cry:

Sugar free jelly, petits filous, cuppa soups with no bits or strain the bits, low fat custard all the things I ate on the liquid stage. But your hospital will tell you. Good luck x x

If your's goes as smoothly as mine you'll wake up the morning after the op and wonder if they actually did anything!
Speedy recovery Jax :)

You'll be fine don't panic, I know it's easier said than done, im a year post op and the best thing I ever did! Best of luck

BrianT said:
If your's goes as smoothly as mine you'll wake up the morning after the op and wonder if they actually did anything!

You're making me wonder: is this is a painless op?
If so, everyone should be doing it!
How long we're you off work for Brian?

Hiya, good luck with the op. I would suggest you get some peppermint tea and windeeze and a hot water bottle to help with the wind pain x

only pain I had was when I coughed and sneezed no wind pain either just lots of wind lol

Thanks Brian, so excited and yet, very near tearful with the fear of trustung people with my life whilst unconscious !
I am a bit of a control freak and giving up any control of my life is huge for me...as it is for most people.

I just have to get through the next couple of days, make that dreaded walk to theatre and hope for a good experience with the Anaesthetic:wave_cry:

only pain I had was when I coughed and sneezed no wind pain either just lots of wind lol

Be a normal time for me then lol:D

Hope all goes well after your op on Saturday, I had very little pain just wind and a little discomfort, my surgeon told me to practise taking deep breaths and I do beleive that has helped me alot. I would usually be very nervous and tearful in this situation before an op however with prayers and support from family and good friends I was as calm as ever , they took me to theatre on my own bed, it is difficult to comprehend how they can just put you to sleep and then wake you up its definitely out of our control and out of our comfort zone thats why we find it so difficult, I if can do it any one can the dentist sends me into a panic. Good luck xx

Not long now!!! A massive good luck to you :D xxx

Hope all goes well after your op on Saturday, I had very little pain just wind and a little discomfort, my surgeon told me to practise taking deep breaths and I do beleive that has helped me alot. I would usually be very nervous and tearful in this situation before an op however with prayers and support from family and good friends I was as calm as ever , they took me to theatre on my own bed, it is difficult to comprehend how they can just put you to sleep and then wake you up its definitely out of our control and out of our comfort zone thats why we find it so difficult, I if can do it any one can the dentist sends me into a panic. Good luck xx

Awww thanks Chrisa, your words are a great comfort.
I'm off to the hospital in a couple of hours.....soon be done and on the Losers Bench !

Not long now!!! A massive good luck to you :D xxx

Thank you Fuffs.....my knees are knocking but, am just trying to not think about the day ahead and deal with the things that need sorting in my house. I might re-steam the kitchen floor tiles just for the hell of it !! Lol:p

Back