• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op was 10 months ago,so happy :)

It is a strange old time. Full of mixed emotions and just wanting to feel better. So glad we are both safely on the other side. Hope we both heal up soon so we can enjoy this new phase :)

I am sure some sleevies will be by to help you soon :D xxx

I'm glad I have a fellow 'sufferer' to share feelings with !
Have just read BrianT's post-op thread and he put his daily fluid intake plan on there, so have a clearer idea now.

I did get advice and info from the Dietician but, its always good to have advice from somebody in the 'know'.

Take it slow Fuffs....I know its hard sitting around but, we will be up and running soon ! xx

Thats good!! It certainly does help :)

I went for a walk yesterday and went to my brothers little birthday get together at my moms. Took my bariatric rescue pack with me that I have made up. There was caribbean food, cakes, biscuits etc. All my faves. None of it meant a thing to me. I had a highlights hot choc. And soup before that. I was in my element. I love not feeling hungry :)

Once the tenderness and incision pain is gone I will be very happy.

I am being active and taking it easy at the moment. Intuitively listening to my body :) I can feel my relationship with food changing. I am glad I put some work in pre op towards that. Things like that make me excited :)

Our new life awaits Jax! :D

Last edited:
Hi

Glad your op went well and that you are home safely.

You were at the Princess Grace at the same time as me (I was in room 505 until sunday night!)

I am finding the drinking is getting easier today, but still quite hard.

Hi

Glad your op went well and that you are home safely.

You were at the Princess Grace at the same time as me (I was in room 505 until sunday night!)

I am finding the drinking is getting easier today, but still quite hard.

I was in 515 !
I am struggling to get things down as I have no hunger signals at all at the moment.

Did I meet you, briefly, on the Tuesday at the pre-admission clinic???

I was in 515 !
I am struggling to get things down as I have no hunger signals at all at the moment.

Did I meet you, briefly, on the Tuesday at the pre-admission clinic???

No, I can't say I saw another patient unit just before I left on Sunday evening.

My pre admission was Friday 23rd late evening.

Hunger is the one thing that has really surprised me, but to be honest I think any hunger pangs are out weighed by the feeling of drowning!

Our lovely Karlos told me the week after the op is called HELL week! And it was fr me too! I had head hunger and felt low. But since then I've been fab and have NO regrets at all.

X

Any Post-Op sleevies got any advice for me in this very early stage as I feel so sickly and cannot get much down at all? Managed a glass of milk yesterday and a small amount of clear soup....around 230 calories. Surely I have to get more calories that that in a day.....?
hey jax, add me on facebook and i'll add you to some sleeve groups x (carenchandler)

I'm 3 weeks post op. 4 days after my op it took me 3 hours to drink a slimfast! i thought i'd never be able to fit anything in.....i can drink a full cup of tea in 15 mins now :)
It gets easier each day :)

@ Delicious-Jax

Just been reading you other thread regarding your pre-op consulation etc.

Like yourself I was told to expect to be fed through a tube for the first few weeks.

But in my case Mr Patel decided that i didn't need it after all, just wondered if you were the same?

@ Delicious-Jax

Just been reading you other thread regarding your pre-op consulation etc.

Like yourself I was told to expect to be fed through a tube for the first few weeks.

But in my case Mr Patel decided that i didn't need it after all, just wondered if you were the same?

Same here, no tube. Had prepared myself for a nasal-gastric tube but, he decided I didn't need it.:)

That's good then :)

As for foods (not meaning the thread hijack!) I am a little concerned that I may be over doing it, I seem to be ableto drink a mug of fluid quite easily, less than half an hour, with out feeling full.

Congrats jax on having your op :) I'm now around 11 weeks post op I think lol. Don't worry about cals at this stage as the first few weeks are about healing :) so as long as your sip sip siping your fluids the rest will fall into place naturally. Just take these first few weeks to rest and heal x

That's good then :)

As for foods (not meaning the thread hijack!) I am a little concerned that I may be over doing it, I seem to be ableto drink a mug of fluid quite easily, less than half an hour, with out feeling full.

I would guess that everyone is different in their ability to consume various amounts...I can manage 125mls at a time but, that will improve in next few days, I am sure.

Did you see the size of your new stomach when you went for the Barium swallow? I was shocked how small it is ! Maybe your stomach is longer than mine and can hold a bit more?

If you're worried , give the Team a call Wonderlust to allay any worries you may have.:)

I would guess that everyone is different in their ability to consume various amounts...I can manage 125mls at a time but, that will improve in next few days, I am sure.

Did you see the size of your new stomach when you went for the Barium swallow? I was shocked how small it is ! Maybe your stomach is longer than mine and can hold a bit more?

If you're worried , give the Team a call Wonderlust to allay any worries you may have.:)

That was one of the worst parts of the whole experience to be honest.

I was in the 2nd room and could barely fit in the machine and found it very claustraphobic and the little platform that I had to stand on was hurting my feet.

They then moved me to the 1st room where I was a little more comfortable, but still feeling very uptight, for the side on shots.

Thats with out that "nice" orange drink!

I wanted out of there so fast I didn't pay any attention to the screens.

I am beginning to think I will phone tomorrow just for my own peace of mind.

Hi Jax. Glad to hear all going well. Like Caren I also take part in quite a few dedicated sleeve groups and forums (pm me if you want details altho they are all googleable) when I have time -- depending on work some days I never get to click online, and some boring days I spend the whole day browsing -- the workload is erratic but currently tipping towards "busy" !!

Had a v v v v busy day at work today and has taken me hours to get online and catch up .... at least I was so rushed off my feet I didn't have time to think about my pre-op hunger !!!

Maybe men are left with a bigger stomach wonderlust. As I remember in every calorie count advice, men have have a higher calorie need then women. Yet can still lose weight faster with the higher calories.

Just a thought :)

Plus tea is easy to drink as its a free flowing liquid. Its not comparable to a slimfast shake. Slimfast is a mrp so thicker.

Just another thought lol

My mate who is a sleever was told by her surgeon that her stomach had been like a carrier bag and the biggest he had seen (she had been 34st) So I am wondering if removing by percentage would mean her stomach post op would be bigger than others??

My mind has obviously had too much sleep. I had my first long sleep in weeks lol

Back