• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op was 10 months ago,so happy :)

Thanks for the great posts, following this thread from the start was very reassuring, my op is due at the end of September, I am having a sleeve too.

I assure you I don't regret it at all......have never looked back since having it done, my only regret is that I didn't have it done years ago.

Jax amazing news!!! I haven't been around for a while sorry it has been a manic few months but just dropped in and saw your post!!! Woop Woop 5 stone in 5 months is fab xxx

Jax amazing news!!! I haven't been around for a while sorry it has been a manic few months but just dropped in and saw your post!!! Woop Woop 5 stone in 5 months is fab xxx

So good to hear from you Natstar,you're doing fab:), how ya feeling?

Dont you just love the Sleeve ! x

Best of luck :)

Well done you! :)

Weightloss has really slowed down past four weeks, so need to go back to basics.
Will replace lunch with soup now its colder outside and must make a big effort to drink more...hardly had anything to drink today...not good at all.
Will make sure I drink 2L every day for the rest of the week and see if that makes a difference.
Still very happy with my sleeve...it's the best decision I ever made !
Can't wait till I can wear that 'little' black dress for a christmas party !! Woo-hoo !

Wonderlust and Jax, you guys are keeping me going reading your posts. I am on day 3 post op and wondering if things will ever be normal again. Well done on your loss. I too am a Mr Patel patient and Jax he is rather cute lol

If you are as lucky as I have been you will get back to normal soonish.

I am 26 weeks post op tomorrow and life is fairly normal, with the exception of the amount I am able to eat.

In some respects even more normal due to the fact that I am so much lighter than I was 26 weeks ago!

Your weightlosses are amazing, Jim.
I have come to another stall...so up go the calories again!
Have been on 1300 cals the past 3 days...makes me nervous when I eat more but, am back down to 1000 tomorrow, so will feel I have more contrl again...silly I know but, when you have struggled with weight issues for a life time, any deviation from the right calories allowed, makes me very nervous and fears of becoming out of control run around in my head.

I am off to Cyprus Thursday, a 10 day holiday....soooooo looking forward to it...just hope the seat belt extension isn't required ...having lost 5st 6lbs since I last boarded a plane earlier in the year (before surgery) ...I am hopeful of not needing it !
Just another 4 stones to go to planned target :)

Well, hello my fast shrinking buddies :)

Holiday was lovely, felt so confident and didn't feel like anyone was staring at me because of my weight....such a lovely, relaed holiday and no need for extension belt...in fact, had a good 6 inches spare !! How great is that !
And even better....the table went all the way down with a gap between me and it ! Wanted to jump up out of my seat and tell everyone to come and see . :)

Weightloss is just a small trickle but, I don't mind, I hardly get on the scales (seemed to have broke the habit by going away).
I was 15st 10lbs yesterday (220 lbs).....just a few more pounds and I will have lost 6st from the weight I was a couple of weeks before surgery...can't wait to be able to shout that from the roof tops!

Need to go and buy another new coat as the 2 I had for when I was 'smaller' are now too big...expensive business , this weightloss malarkey !!

Last edited:
Well done jax, you are doing great :cool:

You r such an inspiration .The more I read on here ,the less scared I am !! You r giving hope to all of us that r embarking on this journey .Thanks for takin the time to update us .Glad u enjoyed ur holiday .xxxxx

Jax
It was great to read about your op and your resounding success! I have my sleeve op next saturday, so am going through the 'What am I doing?' stage. You have reassured me that it is the right thing to do - and only another 'pre-op' would understand the excitement of putting your tray down on the plane!! Fab.
Thanks,
Susie x

that will b u next susie !!

Just an update.
All is well, seem to be able to eat anything I want, so that's made life a tad easier and able to have more variety of foods.
Though having said that, I seem to eat a lot of fish....have a real passion for fish fingers at the moment !

They are ideal for Sleevers and only 110 calories for 3...which is as much as I can manage.

Am very, very happy to be 99kgs...no more triple numbers for me !! NO MORE 100 PLUS KILO MARKERS! :)

Have been naughty of late...had some chocolate and some cake, which made me feel nervous but, never went over my 1200 calorie goal and still losing but, its all fine now.

'Normal' eaters eat a bit of chocolate and have bits of cake and I dont ,ever, want be fearful of treats but, when you have been 21 stones and 5lbs....controlled eating is the only way for me, for the rest of my life.
I want to be able to enjoy all foods, not just the essential high protein, vitamin and nutrient packed stuff !

Next goal is to be under 200lbs...thats 19lbs away......reckon I will have that goal acheived by Christmas nice present for myself !!

I have had a few pictures taken of me lately, not hid when the camera came out...there's a first.!
Another 3 stones and 10lbs to go till I reach the goal I have set for myself...may take 5 months but, I am in no rush as I know I will acheive it, no more 'if' I can do it.

If anyone is in any doubt about whether to go for a VSG...do have it done, it opens a door to the life you wanted .....I am so happy...and, I have to say ladies...have had a couple of chaps pay a lot more attention to me of late !
Maybe I wont be single for much longer....:)

Well done!

It won't be long before you are at your target :)

Back