• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Op was 10 months ago,so happy :)

A quick hello to everyone. Am 15 weeks out and feeling great !!
Gone back to swimming, first dip in pool was last week and was shocked at how weak I am...sure that will improve with regular exercise?

Have lost loads of hair and just waiting to see the first signs of new hair growing back...luckily I had loads of hair but, my oh my, it's the thinnest it's ever been ! Scary stuff !!

Am able to eat a bit more and trying to introduce different foods but, have eaten a fair bit of icecream of late but, as long as I continue to lose, I don't see a problem with a treat a day. Am very aware of the dangers of slipping into old habits but, can honestly say, I have never gone over 1200 calories a day. I am currently on 1000 as weight has stalled on 1200, after stalling on 800 , so am playing around with calorie intake.

My weight is stationary at 17.2...sooooo close to the 16's...hope I can be in the 16's by appointment next Friday afternoon at St.Thomas' Hospital. Fingers crossed !!

Shame about the hair, I think I've been lucky, but my hair was thining anyway.

I am still fairly constant around 800 cals some days 650 some days 850.

Hopefully will see you there!

Hope to see you there, too, Wonderlust.

Am looking forward to seeing one of the doctors for further advice....feel a bit lost out here on my own sometimes !! Lol

A quick hello to everyone. Am 15 weeks out and feeling great !!
Gone back to swimming, first dip in pool was last week and was shocked at how weak I am...sure that will improve with regular exercise?

Have lost loads of hair and just waiting to see the first signs of new hair growing back...luckily I had loads of hair but, my oh my, it's the thinnest it's ever been ! Scary stuff !!

Am able to eat a bit more and trying to introduce different foods but, have eaten a fair bit of icecream of late but, as long as I continue to lose, I don't see a problem with a treat a day. Am very aware of the dangers of slipping into old habits but, can honestly say, I have never gone over 1200 calories a day. I am currently on 1000 as weight has stalled on 1200, after stalling on 800 , so am playing around with calorie intake.

My weight is stationary at 17.2...sooooo close to the 16's...hope I can be in the 16's by appointment next Friday afternoon at St.Thomas' Hospital. Fingers crossed !!

It's so annoying to be close to the next stone down isn't it? I'm stuck at 10st 1.9 and want to be in the mid 9s before I consider myself to be at goal but it's eluding me at the moment! I am 8 months out tomorrow the 30th July. Had my sleeve on 30th November.

It's so annoying to be close to the next stone down isn't it? I'm stuck at 10st 1.9 and want to be in the mid 9s before I consider myself to be at goal but it's eluding me at the moment! I am 8 months out tomorrow the 30th July. Had my sleeve on 30th November.

Hi great to see you. You are doing amazingly. Bet you feel great.
I've just started to get out of my stall & lost 2lb this week.

Hope to see you there, too, Wonderlust.

Am looking forward to seeing one of the doctors for further advice....feel a bit lost out here on my own sometimes !! Lol

This is is exactly how I feel too.

I know that I am doing well but am I doing as well as I could be?

Am I eating the wrong stuff?

Be nice to have so feed back from the hospital team, it seems almost as if we've been discharged from The princess Graces' care into limbo.

Well, today is the day I finally, see a doctor post Op !

Haven't seen one since the day I left hospital....clearly, I am doing fine else I would have had to return but, has been a bit lonely with no Bariatric support thus far!

My own GP gives the impression he's not impressed with weightloss surgery, so I don't see him...see one of his Locums if I need to see doctor for meds,etc.

Will find out my weight later....you know home scales are always out by a couple of pounds, just hope mine aren't too far out . The weight loss will be the same , of course, but true weight will be revealed later :)

Will be leaving shortly for my appointment...

Bit confused TFL's jurney planner seems to be excluding the no.12 bus....

Appointment went well, doctor pleased with my losses, wasn't too pleased that I am not taking my Forcival regularly...promised to try harder.

Have to have a scan as have a lump in my side, so will wait and see what that is...either a hernia or scar tissue I assume?

Met *Wonderlust * in reception area...he's lost so much weight, I didn't recognize him from his photo !! We had a nice long chat, which was lovely.

Am 16.13 as of today....1 lb shy of a 4 stone loss since surgery and 4 st 4lb since just before surgery.
I feel great and now believe I will continue to lose weight...has taken 4 months to convince me.

Happy? I should say so !!

Was a pleasure to meet you at last!

I would say that you look like you've lost loads, but i don't know what you looked like before today! ;)

Great stuff guys keep up the good wok.

No you are doing great. Everyone is different. My starting point was greater than yours. I used to get wound up & stressed about numbers in weight loss now
I 'm just doing my own thing using my surgery as a fantastic tool for me & me only. I find it a completely different mind set to my previous life long dieting attempts. Can see where
I've been going wrong all this time. Just make sure you do what your team advise & as long as they are happy you will be happy. It took us a long time to get all tht excess weight we are actually shedding relatively quickly. Good luck.

Grrrrrrrrr am in another stall ! Only lost a couple of pounds in the last 2 weeks so, am taking myself down to 700 calories a day for a week and see if that gets me some weightloss !!

I still am in love with my sleeve though !! So happy to have had it and incredibly grateful to the NHS for the opportunity. x

Be careful of going too low. When I wasn't eting hardly anything I stalled badly. My team told me tht my body thinks its starving so hangs on to what it's got. One I started eating well I started to loose again. Weird but true!

Around 800 to 1000. I don't generally count calories as my dietician said not to worry at this stage. She wants me to get at least 40 - 45 g of protein a day. Keep to low fat less than 5%, low carbs. When I started doing this I started loosing again. I also exercise.

Back