• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

operation date 22nd july at walsall manor is anyone else going too?

Glad you have your date for your operation.. good luck, not long to go! Hope someone on here is there at the same time for support, all the best hun x

Not at your hospital but having bypass on 26th July. There seems to be quite a few of us having surgery in the next few weeks. Good luck.

Hi Galaxy

Just wanted to wish you luck with your op. I had my bypass at Walsall Manor 10 months ago, and its been the best thing I ever did.

Not sure if you have already posted about your journey, but hope its all been plain sailing for you. Have you waited long?

Hey Galaxy, what great news for you! Could i ask what date you had your second pre op? Purely because we have a few wls patients waiting for dates and it could give them an indicator of when they can expect roughly a date for their ops....

I had my op at WM three weeks ago and have to tell you the nursing staff on the ward are amazing.... I, along with others would love to hear your story of your journey so far and hope you can share all of your success afterwards xx

Hiya julie,
i was givin the ok for the gastric bypass in july 09
it's not been easy to get this far it as taken me a year upto now
my appiontments so far have been,
july 09 - nurse + Dr Heartland
Dec 09 - Dr Heartland date for op Feb
Jan 10 - Dr heartland + nurse at easy book told date for op about March due to nora veras
Feb 10 - easybook nurse, breathing test, blood test
told date for op may
may 10 - anethnertist (man who puts you sleep) he said all was ok but needed to see Dr Kendrick first as he had to say if i knew what i was doing i should have seen him in dec but they cancelled his appiontment and did not rearrange for me so another hold up
june 10 - Dr kendrick he gave me the go ahead now said i am looking to end of july
then on wed this week 30th june my letter came to goin on 22nd july for my op on the 23rd july,
i think this may be because i'm a diabetic,
but Mr khan is not doing it now it is Miss M Heitmann,
i dont know why the doctors names have been changed
i'm going on hoilday on monday starting my plan 2 pre op diet on friday, :)
hope you all have had a nice day

Hiya julie,
i was givin the ok for the gastric bypass in july 09
it's not been easy to get this far it as taken me a year upto now
my appiontments so far have been,
july 09 - nurse + Dr Heartland
Dec 09 - Dr Heartland date for op Feb
Jan 10 - Dr heartland + nurse at easy book told date for op about March due to nora veras
Feb 10 - easybook nurse, breathing test, blood test
told date for op may
may 10 - anethnertist (man who puts you sleep) he said all was ok but needed to see Dr Kendrick first as he had to say if i knew what i was doing i should have seen him in dec but they cancelled his appiontment and did not rearrange for me so another hold up
june 10 - Dr kendrick he gave me the go ahead now said i am looking to end of july
then on wed this week 30th june my letter came to goin on 22nd july for my op on the 23rd july,
i think this may be because i'm a diabetic,
but Mr khan is not doing it now it is Miss M Heitmann,
i dont know why the doctors names have been changed
i'm going on hoilday on monday starting my plan 2 pre op diet on friday, :)
hope you all have had a nice day

Hi Galaxy, it sounds like you got my date. I was meant to go in on that date and have my surgery done by Miss Heittman, but they brought my op forward a week.

I hope it all goes well for you.:)

hiya patsy,
sorry for only just replying to yr post but i'v been away on holiday till today,
looks like i may have had yr date lol, how are you coping with the pre op diet?
which plan are you doing i have to do the plan 2 the one with the food,
i have found it ok so far today,
just another 13 days to go,
i hope all goes well for you next week
take care maria

Back