• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

operation

bertie26

hi all I got my date for bypass surgery on 1 December. I am doing meal replacement slimfast for pre op diet, can anyone suggest if I need to do more than this thank you in anvance:confused:

hey bertie, thats great! good luck :) xxx

hi bertie i dont know weather slim fast is ok as i have not done pre op diet, but if you are unsure can you not get in touch with your provider just to make sure???

Bertie, I am on my pre op diet,this is what I am allowed each day. a slim fast for breakfast and lunch. 200g Very Lean meat and 6 tablespoons of cooked veg or one healthy ready meal (less tha 450 cals) plus one portion of fruit. or 4 slim fast.
Also at least 2 litres of liquid including bovril, oxo, tea, coffee, NAS squash, diet sodas. NO alcohol. You may use any herbs and spices in your meal. You may add sweetener to your tea or coffee.
I think you should ring your team to find out if this is ok for you.
HTH

hi all I got my date for bypass surgery on 1 December. I am doing meal replacement slimfast for pre op diet, can anyone suggest if I need to do more than this thank you in anvance:confused:

One of the 5 Heartlands pre-op diets is a meal replacement plan - either all 3 meals replaced by Slimfast or equivalent, or 2 meals replaced plus 1 x 300 calorie healthy meal. So you should be OK. Drink lots of other liquids though, as mariew has already said.

Back