• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pain straight after band?

patricia2612

Hi everyone had my band put in yesterday and am in so much pain, especially where the port is, did anyone else feel like this? It hurts when I cough, burp. I hope it will die down

Take some pain killers, did you get prescribed any? I had soluble ones but they taste vile so pinched my daughters 6+ calpol.

The pain could also be trapped wind so dont do too much but move around little and often to shift it. Peppermint tea helps.

Hope you feel better soon x

Yeah I've been given the dissolvable pain killers,they are gross! your right it could be trapped wind because I can't stop burping. Did you experience this pain? If so how long did it take to go?

Yes I did get post op pain but wind pain is worse. It didnt last too long for me but everyone is different.

Moving around is the key x

Ditto!!! It will all settle in a weeks time..I had calpol as couldn't stomach the dissolveables!!!

The pain is just tiring, its constant! Although the dissolvables are gross I can manage them...thank you for your quick responses, really really appreciate it! I was beginning to panic and think this is how its going to be, it doesn't help that I don't have a very good pain threshold, I haven't slept in two days, so exhausted but I can't sleep xx

Hope the pain shifts soon n u get a good rest good luck Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I didn't sleep properly until the second week, was on lots of Calpol and liquid Ibuprofen and even dissolvable Tramadol (which the hospital prescribed for me) Best tip I can give is find something to do that takes your mind off things - I got obsessed with playing online mah-jong *lol*

Feeling so nervous and anxious I don't even know why! I haven't slept once again, I don't know if I can handle this anymore. Feeling really low I want to cry :-(

Feeling so nervous and anxious I don't even know why! I haven't slept once again, I don't know if I can handle this anymore. Feeling really low I want to cry :-(
hey honey, its the post op blues and its very normal, you'll feel better soon, honestly :) chin up honeysuckle, you have a brand new life on the way :) xxx

You've had an operation, everyone suffers immediately after any surgery. breathe and remember why you did this, cos in 2wks when you're pain free n back to normal your new life begins! I've just been out n had a lovely 3 course meal, ok left loads but what I ate was quality, and my partner enjoyed what I kept passing over to him too...he's gonna be massive now he's eating for one and a half lol. :)

suebland said:
Hi Patricia text me if you want I am just leaving the hospital now Hun 07530002556 sue xxxx

How did the drive home go? It proper knocked me up.!

Jo I am on my way now Hun, I am hating every second in pain feeling every bump but just got an hour left, don't know how I feel just not right but like you said we have had surgery, did you have the band jo??? X

Yes I did! I felt do sick on drive home, mr friend just kept talking non stop to take my mind off it but I just wanted to gag her lol x

Oh god so many typo's lol

I agree the drive was actually the worse for me

My o.h picked me up, I was lucky cause all I wanted to do was sleep. Did any of you two wake up with a fill in your band, I didn't, I not got any wind pain yet touch wood xx

No fill, got my first one soon when I'm 6wk out x

It depends on surgeon really. Mine put 4 ml in but more don't put any in as u ll have restriction from swollen belly from the op then in 6 to 8 weeks u ll have ur first fill.:) I slept so much for the first week its was brilliant. Guilt free sleep

Back