• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Panic mode has begun...

mandym1

I have my first appointment next week at the Spire and I have gained weight since I saw my Dr at Weight Management, 6 months ago..

On top of that I am carrying a lot of excess water and have been given water tablets by my GP recently.. my legs and ankles are so swollen.. I have had to stop wearing my wedding ring its so tight.. this again is adding to my weight..

Funding is in place and surgery should be within 6 wks of my first appt.

I'm worried they will see this weight gain and say I am not commited to this :(

Hi love x I cant comment on the weight gain as i dont want to build your hopes or dash them as i have no idea how this all works & didn't want to read and run! lol x I hope you start to feel better soon tho and wish you every success with the appointment and following surgery xx hope your well besides xxx

Hi! I'm under Doncaster and I also put weight on. I was so cross with myself. I was entirely to blame, I thought I was going to be losing a close friend in food after the op so o wanted to enjoy as much of it as I could! The hospital were a little disappointed and I had to lose some before getting another date. Don't give up and try not to sabotage yourself like me!!!! X

Mandy dont worry love!You have your funding just explain to Mr Kerrigan that the warmer weather always makes you swell and retain water.They will tell you when to start your pre op diet,give you all the paperwork etc,best of luck hun I will follow your journey with interest.Im over 4st down and in 16/18s 14st 10lb!When I hit 14st 1lb I will of lost 5st so about another month should do it as Im losing about 2lbs a week on average,although I lost 4lbs last week!Starting Active Lifestyles at the leisure centre on the 20th.Its through the gp 14 weeks of dietician though she knows nothing about wls!gym,sauna,swimming.Then carry on at a reduced rate.Maz x

Thanks Maz x

You have done so well and you will feel even better starting at the gym too, I cant wait for that. I will keep you posted x

Back