• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Plateau'd

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
At the end of July around my birthday, i kinda had a week off, had birthday cake and had a meal out etc. Now since then ive hardly lost anything. Even tho ive been back on track for 2 weeks. I was losing 3-4lb or more a week b4 that, now scales have kinda just stopped or added 1lb :confused:
What can i do to kick start it again?

Its really disheartening when i stick to a low fat diet religiously (except for my b.day week):rolleyes:

I think if it were me I would note what I was eating and how many cals to make sure I wasn't having too few or too many, adjust accordingly and then also step up the amount of exercise to get my metabolism to reset higher.

Hiya Fedup, isn't there a thing called a pouch test or something. I seem to remember by-passers talk of this from time to time. Maybe whatever that is might help? Hopefully someone will come along and explain it x

We all hit the wall at some times with weight loss and know doubt your own self-review will pin-point things....Best advice I can give seeing you have done so well is "PRESS ON"...
MARK

I think if it were me I would note what I was eating and how many cals to make sure I wasn't having too few or too many, adjust accordingly and then also step up the amount of exercise to get my metabolism to reset higher.
I think calorie wise im doing ok. Typical day for me is cereal for breakfast, fruit for lunch, and meal for tea with less than 5g of fat in, plus either fruit or snak a jacks on an evening. I could do more exercise, but havent got the mind set for that :eek:

Hiya Fedup, isn't there a thing called a pouch test or something. I seem to remember by-passers talk of this from time to time. Maybe whatever that is might help? Hopefully someone will come along and explain it x
Never heard of it hun - can anyone tell me more? :confused:

We all hit the wall at some times with weight loss and know doubt your own self-review will pin-point things....Best advice I can give seeing you have done so well is "PRESS ON"...
MARK
Thanks! I know its common, ive seen it on here loads, just wonder if it will start again on its own, or do i need to kick start it.

There is a test called the Five day pouch test. Google is your friend there is lots of information about it from Google

I think calorie wise im doing ok. Typical day for me is cereal for breakfast, fruit for lunch, and meal for tea with less than 5g of fat in, plus either fruit or snak a jacks on an evening. I could do more exercise, but havent got the mind set for that :eek:.
Hi Fedup. I'm only 9 days out post bypass but in my off-time, I am reading 4 books about life after bypass. According to what I'm reading (accounts of what makes a bypass a success) you are are not doing enough protein. Choose protein rich food first every time you eat. Twice as much protein as carbs. Check that you are drinking enough low calorie fluid. Carnie Wilson says that we pee our fat so aim to be passing water once very hour (at least). Other tips I've picked up are that when in a stall, increasing calories and adding good fat to your diet may break that stall. From your sample menu, it looks to me like you've picked up quite a carb habit. The 5day pouch test sounds like something that could work to break that.

Phatgirl has just done the 5 day pouch test check out her diary :)

I cant offer any more advice but good luck and it will start again, you prob just need some tweaking

Hi Fedup. I'm only 9 days out post bypass but in my off-time, I am reading 4 books about life after bypass. According to what I'm reading (accounts of what makes a bypass a success) you are are not doing enough protein. Choose protein rich food first every time you eat. Twice as much protein as carbs. Check that you are drinking enough low calorie fluid. Carnie Wilson says that we pee our fat so aim to be passing water once very hour (at least). Other tips I've picked up are that when in a stall, increasing calories and adding good fat to your diet may break that stall. From your sample menu, it looks to me like you've picked up quite a carb habit. The 5day pouch test sounds like something that could work to break that.

Thanks, brilliant advice for someone whos only just had surgery!
I was reading through some old threads earlier on people who's WL had stalled, and i realised then it was because of my carbs, and almost lack of protein. So ive been to asda, to stock up on seafood, and eggs. But i could do with some more protein rich receipes, if anyone knows any nice, quick and easy foods?

Depending on what you like, chicken, cottage cheese, low fat hard cheese, nuts, ham, beef. Seafood is brilliant very high, eggs, bacon.

Complex carbs like wholemeal bread, cereals etc are better than simple carbs white bread, flour.

Hope that helps

M

Back