• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please don't shout at me!!!

I am mixing the flavoured water with vodka lol Can not drink it neat lol so anything in it helps lol

he he, how cool is it to be able to be honest and ask real questions we need the answers to, i was waiting for the rollocking re: drinking but, I needed advice so its always worth asking, there's some true gems on this forum x x x

he he, how cool is it to be able to be honest and ask real questions we need the answers to, i was waiting for the rollocking re: drinking but, I needed advice so its always worth asking, there's some true gems on this forum x x x

You know i'll never tell you off Lisa ;) mainly because i'm a rooting tooting rule breaker myself !

Mixers will be fine, shame Shels not around as we could try and get her to tell us how to cold filter Vodka, she knows a way to increase the alcohol content of cheap vodka lol :D

wahey there's a secret worth busting open!!!! Mind you i was so tipsy off two glasses of wine a couple of weeks back, i need a way to lower the alcohol levels...or just more practice to improve my immunity!!!!

wahey there's a secret worth busting open!!!! Mind you i was so tipsy off two glasses of wine a couple of weeks back, i need a way to lower the alcohol levels...or just more practice to improve my immunity!!!!

it does get a bit better, we were away few weeks ago and spent an entire saturday evening drinking all sorts, in between we had dinner, post dinner i finished the wine and we moved onto the spirts with coffee, i had loads of repeat orders as it was going down great, plus i had my feet up in front of the open fire ordering brandy and coffee, ok i was well hammered, but it didn't effect me like it would have post op and i didn't have a hang over Sunday which is the main thing! :D

i rely on dissolvable milk thistle tablets, i hope i'm still ok taking them post-op but i've never had a hangover since taking them. I don't get a hangover when i drink but i get through at least a pint of water throughout the night if i've had a drink. I shall keep you informed after my trip with the girls on 4th April x x x

Lisa I'm so glad you've asked this as was wondering what the hell I'd be able to drink post op! Ok as I'm only 2 weeks post I guess I've got some time yet but a girl can dream! I so can't drink wine (gives me bad headaches!) so usually drink Vodka and Diet Coke.

Do you think Vodka and Orange would be ok(I suppose if I ordered it with water I could water it down!) Guess my days of sambuka shots are over!

Danielle,

It looks like I'm just gonna have to be ur guinea pig!!! I'm gonna stick to what i know and have bacardi and diet coke with lots of ice and if i feel too gassy, i'll switch to vodka and cranberry. I'm making all these plans but who knows...i'm sure...it'll be alright on the night.

I shall most certainly update this thread once i've been away.....So i'm not a raving alcoholic, its all in the name of research!!!!!

I'm taking one for the minis x x x

lisa i did ask this question to a dietician on a support group and she said it would be fine to mix soda's with shorts, just to add extra ice to de-fiz it a bit...really i only think if u are drinking lots and lots of fiz on a daily basis is when it will do harm...and i like you am always afraid of asking to many questions re: alcohol, cos some people think ur a raving alcoholic...n really we just wanna have fun. cant wait to hear about your night out, u will look and feel great so just enjoy it xx

wohoo!!! that's what i needed to hear, as you say i don't drink a lot but when i go out with the girls i like to let go a bit. I'm feeling a lot better about things now.... shall keep you informed how i get on x x x

i rely on dissolvable milk thistle tablets, i hope i'm still ok taking them post-op but i've never had a hangover since taking them. I don't get a hangover when i drink but i get through at least a pint of water throughout the night if i've had a drink. I shall keep you informed after my trip with the girls on 4th April x x x

Hi, Lisa,
What's the story with Milk thistle? Never heard of this one. Do you take them regularly or just before a night out?
Well done for asking the question most of us are thinking :D
Would loads of ice in your drink de-fizz it a bit?
Can't wait to hear the report
on your research after the 4th April (my birthday!!!, so have one for me!!)
Sue xx

Hiya folks :)

I certainly don't think you are all raving alcoholics and I admit to being a drug & alcohol counsellor :eek:;)

I reckon it's great that these questions can be asked and everyone can chuck in their ideas along the way.:D

I think the idea of a spirt plus cordial or fruit juice mixer and then dilute it a bit with water is great. Otherwise, if you can't do fizzy mixer, then a shot of spirits and ice plus a glass of water as well is good and the old water will certainly help the dehydration bit and hangover monster next morning :sigh::D

OOh go one i'll squeeze an extra one in form you!! Milk thistle is just a herbal thing a friend who's into all that reccomended it for me, it detox's the liver and hangover is dramatically reduced but i've not spoken to anyone to see if they're ok after surgery yet x x x

..and yep, Milk Thistle is good for supporting and detoxing the ole liver...;):D:D:D

Thanks Isis x x x

Crossed posts there Mintball....lol :)

Nah forget about all that detox and herbal rubbish, just stay drunk :D

What you need is a depth charger, single shot glass of drambuie at the bottom of a half pint of larger, then neck the larger and suddenly you get a woof of spirts, becuase te spirit is heavier than the larger is stays at the bottom until it mixes, then HELLO !

For an alternative try scrumpy instead of larger ;)

Back