• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

please help!

kerry2010

i spoke to my pct this morning and she said all forms had been recived and i meet the criteria, but she couldnt give me a yes or know and they have to speak to my doctor about what support iv had over the past 3 years, and ill get an answer over the next week, its driving me up the wall not knowing, iv always been a patient person but everyday is coming so slow, but i take it from the tone of her voice its a no as she said other people are higher priority? feeling really deflated :sigh: didnt think this journey would be this mentally draining?

STILL NOT GIVING UP THO!!!

Hi
Don't worry your fate has not yet been decided......I'm no expert but there are 3 lines of treatment required for obesity the first diet and exercise the second medication and education and then the third surgery.
Your GP is required to show that the first 2 lines of treatment have been exhausted before he is able to put forward a request for the third.
xxxx

Kerry it could be a long ride so settle back and relax hun or you will go crazy.Judging by your bmi,if you have other health probs you should be ok.Have you done weight management,slimming world,Weight watchers,drugs etc.If so you should be fine!Maz x

heya iv told them about it all, slimming world, atkins, cabbage diet, slim fast, ultrabody detox, bio synergy, xenecol twice, fat patches, told then about my depression and PCOS fertility problems ect, and that im now waiting on some acai berry to try and im sticking to healthy diet and working out 3x a week.
i put a letter in with all my details and also photos of me growing up to show i have been big all my life, and one from now.
she said my application wont have to go up against a board tho, is that because i fit the criteria? does anyone know? thank you. kerry.xx

Am in the same boat and the waiting is a killer isn't it? But dont worry, everything will come together....and pct staff are pretty stressed and busy so aren't the friendliest people on the phone. Good luck, you'll be fine xx

i attended the centre for obesity research in the luton and dunstable hospital for a couple of years trying all the different treatments and diets but earlier on this year we decided surgery would be the best way for me (type 2 diabetic on insulin and tabs with high blood pressure and raised cholesterol)

whilst waiting to see the dietician earlier on this year i see a young lady there who had been refused surgery because she did'nt meet any of the criterias...she was balling her eyes out saying that she was going to have to put weight bon and become a diabetic so that she could have the op ................i'd rather be slightly overweight than be a diabetic and i should know

so hang in there

she must be mad why would you try and give yourself diabeties?
i take metfromin for pcos, i can loose weight but get stuck at about 3 stone, being insulin resistant doesnt help?
iv been big all my life a big longer wont hurt, iv been told today i meet the criteria, such a mix of emotions! nervous, scared, excited, impatient!

Emotions we all go through I think combined with frustration, anger and desparation as things grind so slowly for some at various times. Hang on tight the ride can be bumpy at times.

thats true and once it is within your reach desperation does kick in!
on im holding on tight....fingers are well and truley superglued!!!
this site is amazing and its help is priceless!!! xx xx

Hi Kerry, I also have PCOS and fertility issues, I was also on Metformin for years but it had very little effect on my weight. We have been trying for a baby for about 12 years now and Ive never been pregnant. I'm 37 next week so time is running out. My BMI wasnt quite high enough to qualify for funding but my fertility issues swung it for me. I was really surprised but they do take this into account apparently. I know all areas are different but its great that you have put it all in writing so they see the full picture.

Wishing you the best of luck, stay strong and keep on fighting xx

Hi Kerry, I also have PCOS and fertility issues, I was also on Metformin for years but it had very little effect on my weight. We have been trying for a baby for about 12 years now and Ive never been pregnant. I'm 37 next week so time is running out. My BMI wasnt quite high enough to qualify for funding but my fertility issues swung it for me. I was really surprised but they do take this into account apparently. I know all areas are different but its great that you have put it all in writing so they see the full picture.

Wishing you the best of luck, stay strong and keep on fighting xx

thank you mandy gives me a bit more insight! they said id know within a week, poole and bmth and replying really quick at the moment! xx

Emotions we all go through I think combined with frustration, anger and desparation as things grind so slowly for some at various times. Hang on tight the ride can be bumpy at times.

hiya penelope1008 your in my local area would we be able to have a chat about how things work in our local area, im new to all this and dont have a clue??

Hi ya sounds good anytime you are free. Bobsbigboy is also with the Royal Bournemouth to, he has his 2nd attempt at an op date on the 7th, Long story check my diary out to get the low down, due to clerical errors we are reaping the failures of another.

Hi ya sounds good anytime you are free. Bobsbigboy is also with the Royal Bournemouth to, he has his 2nd attempt at an op date on the 7th, Long story check my diary out to get the low down, due to clerical errors we are reaping the failures of another.

thats brilliant thank you! my email is
[email protected] if you could email me please hun.xx

hiya good news!!!! had my letter though today and iv been accepted for funding!! i'm absolutely buzzing cant believe it!!
really didnt think i was gonna get it!
so excited i just cant get my head around it!!!
just want to say a big think you to everyone who has given me advice this week!
I really appreciate it!
good luck to you all i hope you get what you hope and desire!
big hugs to all.xx xx

Hi Kerry2010!

Im so happy for you , I remember that feeling .. what a buzz .. it feels like second chance doesnt it ? Recieving my letter about funding seems like yesterday , and now i have my date , time really does fly once the ball is rolling ... i promise . Im so pleased for you ... i look forward to hearing all about your journey ... its so exciting ! blessings xx

aww thank you clare, it feels like im getting a second chance to start my life over, new body! new confidence! new lease of life! have so much to look forward to, can get back to my horse riding, and wear a nice pair of heels out on the town without feeling like my feet are on fire, and walk down the street without feeling as if people are staring. i cant wait i'm so excited! finally the future is looking bright!xx

Back