• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please tell me I havent made the wrong decision

lesleyweb

needs more post
hi everyone,
im so sorry to sound so down but im having a really bad time today. everything as been going great until today. i went into my local tesco to get a few bits and i bumped into 2 of the waiters from our local indian restuarant. as i left them i got an overwhelming feeling of sadness. its friday the end of the working week and we would normally be going into the restuarant for our tea and a bottle of wine. i feel as though that will never happen again and feel as though i have just lost something i really enjoy...sorry if i sound so misserable, but im scared ive made the wrong decision!! have i been to hasty?? Seems such a small thing but the feeling just took me by supprise. i have just wiped my tears as i dont want my husband to come in and see me so upset.

Ok. First things first, take a deep breath and relax.

You will be able to go out for meals with your hubby or anyone else. I go out with mine quite often, last night we had takeout curry for tea so indian is gooooood. Your life has only changed in a very small way, and in a few months time you won't notice it as much as you do now. Besides, you'll be too skinny to care!

Remember, it is common to get a period of the blues after surgery, so you're quite possibly reacting in a stronger way than you would normally. Everything will be ok.

You can breath out now :D

Last edited:
Lesley - Yes good words from Shel and i'll second everything she's said here, you will get your life back but with the added bonus of being slim too. I eat chinese and indian all the time, my portions are smaller of course, but i enjoy it just as much as i used to pre op, there is life after WLS :D

Oh Shell thank you so much for that i cant tell you how much better that makes me feel...i think its cos ive so upbeat and positive it just took me by supprise...i so want to be healthy and slim but was feeling so scared of losing a part of my social life which has meant so much to me...but it will be so exciting to go out socially in the clothes i choose to wear instead of the ones i have to wear...ive started breathing again nowxxxxxx

Just think how amazing you'll feel on hubbys arm in a new fitted frock looking a million dollars walking into that indian ;)

i feel better all ready, ive just pasted my ticker on and im going to get myself back into positive mode..what would i do without you allxxxxxx

Ok. First things first, take a deep breath and relax.

You will be able to go out for meals with your hubby or anyone else. I go out with mine quite often, last night we had takeout curry for tea so indian is gooooood. Your life has only changed in a very small way, and in a few months time you won't notice it as much as you do now. Besides, you'll be too skinny to care!

Remember, it is common to get a period of the blues after surgery, so you're quite possibly reacting in a stronger way than you would normally. Everything will be ok.

You can breath out now :D

As always, Shel, good advice :)

Oh, hun sorry the bypass blues caught you by surprise! Well done on your weight loss so far - you are really dropping those pounds!!! Not being able to eat out is one of those bypass myths, you can absolutely enjoy your favorite foods again. You may find that you don't want the same things or only want a small taste post-bypass but you can return to a normal social life that includes things like curry & Chinese.

Just wait until you are healed a bit more and on normal foods before you try anything too adventurous. I have had both Indian & Chinese take-away with not a moments troublem - I'm sure you'll laugh at thinking you couldn't in a few months time. I have yet to encounter a menu that doesn't have something bypass-friendly, more experienced bypassers have mentioned that is rare to not have plenty of choices.

:D:D:D:D
Nic

thanks nic, i think because its valentine wkend and i would normally be out and about it must have just hit me, but as you say all comes to those who wait...i just got a bit panicky thinking my social life will never be the same again..thank you for your wonderful supportxxx

Hi Lesley

Try not to let it worry you too much. I too had those slight moment's of panic when I would think will I ever be able to eat anything like normally again?? The answer is yes!! I like to look at it like I eat like a normal person now..okay maybe a person with a small appetite but I can still eat all the lovely foods I used to enjoy before my op, just not that huge plateful anymore!

Please, honestly, don't worry. I know it's a scary prospect but life will only get better....I promise!! xx

thank you cat321 what a 'comfort blanket' it is to know you have all had these feelings as well!! i cant believe how much better i feel and to think i wasnt going to share this with you all because i felt i was being a big softy!!!

Whatever worries you have, however silly they may seem, get the written down on here and there will nearly always be someone who has had the same or similar thoughts/experiences and will be able to give you some advice!

It's a bit scary at first, I know that but trust me it gets soooooo much better!

:Dxx

ah lesley sorry you had a wobble but shows your real (do you remember grabbing my arm to check i was) I went out for tea last night with my ex foster child and one of his carers and had a rump steak with a red wine sauce mushrooms peas and carrots. Not only did i enjoyed it i tasted every individual flavor and it was sooooo yummy. I went out for an indian the other wek with him and had a little of everything and enjoyed it far more than pre bypass as i had no heartburn after. You have my number give me a call and we can meet up for a latte.
speak soon
carole

i do remember checking you were real carole and you most certainly are...its so comforting to know i have you all to turn to...will it be okay to give you a call on sunday/monday and maybe meet up with you (and nic if she isnt away) next week sometime...be good to catch up and not just think i dreamt you!! xxxx

hi everyone,
im so sorry to sound so down but im having a really bad time today. everything as been going great until today. i went into my local tesco to get a few bits and i bumped into 2 of the waiters from our local indian restuarant. as i left them i got an overwhelming feeling of sadness. its friday the end of the working week and we would normally be going into the restuarant for our tea and a bottle of wine. i feel as though that will never happen again and feel as though i have just lost something i really enjoy...sorry if i sound so misserable, but im scared ive made the wrong decision!! have i been to hasty?? Seems such a small thing but the feeling just took me by supprise. i have just wiped my tears as i dont want my husband to come in and see me so upset.

Hi, Lesley,
Thank you for starting this thread. I'm still pre-op, but if I'm honest, I've thought (and worried) about the things you said in your post. It's been good for me to know that other people have the same fears as me, and it's been brilliant to read the responses, to know that life will return to 'normal' after the op. :)

Thank you for this thread.
Feeling good what you have all said and that you can have a normal life afterwards
xx
hope you are feeling much better today xx

thank you both for your replies..it is difficult pre-op because it is a big decision, please can i just say i really do not regret having this op i no it will change my life for the better and as i go along my journey it will get easier. i have felt no sickness and had a very smooth op proceedure, i think yesterday was just a bit of a down day for me and as im sure you have both noticed the support you recieve on this forum is second to none.....i wish you both happiness and success with your pending opsxxx

Glad to see your feeling better today Lesley. x

Back