• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please tell me I havent made the wrong decision

well here i am wondering how i could have asked the question 3 weeks ago 'please tell me i havent made the wrong decision'...i feel gr8...my second week back at work with lots and lots of compliments...think i may have experienced my 1st little niggle of jelousy of someone..she asked if i was still losing weight (durrr!!) i replied yes weekly, she then asked if i was exercising, i admitted i wasnt but it is something i really must start doing...oh dont over do it she say's (how mad is that?)..well im nearly under the 200lb mark which will be so exciting and only 10lb to go before i weigh less than my husband. i feel full of energy and have a little excited feeling in my tummy all day....thank you for all your support and responses to my silly question, but no i most definately not made the wrong decision xxxxx

aww.. what a lovely uplifting post Lesley. Im glad things are better for you.

You have done really well with your weight loss so far. Keep up the great work xx

Cant wait!

That's great to hear chick...and yes the jealousy will now show itself...ignore them they need to get a life....so glad you are more settled with your new life...xx

Lesley - You are doing really well with the WL. I am glad that you are feeling more positive. Keep it up every little bit adds up towards the bigger picture. It won't be long before you are able to eat most of the things that you did before WLS - just like we discussed the other Saturday lol. Anyway you carry on never minding and just keep on losing........

Im glad the weight has started to shift again, and that you are feeling so much more positive. I seem to have stuck with my weight at the moment and it has started to get me down, but i have another fill booked for saturday so hopefully things will start to move again. Can i ask what started the weight moving for you again? julie

thank you cg and cleggy...you are both inspirationsxx and julie i think it was just that one week when i had a little stop, think it is still early days for me, but i also think maybe going onto more solid foods has probably made a difference...it is very true u do get fuller a lot quicker than when on mushy..but what is so good you are still content..im sure your weight will soon start moving again..best wishes xx

Glad things are going better for you Lesley :) People will always try to give you their opinion, when you haven't asked for it, and it can get tiresome!

Am with you on wanting to weigh less than hubby ;) I'm about 4lb off and can't wait!

I'm glad my hubby is a chubby 6 footer, cuz it aint gona take me long to be lighter than him... whoooooo hooo it will be a first for us and I hope he throws me around a bit! lol

chuckles i already weight less then Jonah, He is planning on having the bypass next year, and will have my experiences to draw upon.

hi jus thought i would share my good news with you...im below the 200lb mark!!! lost 4lb this week yippee!!!! after seeing how fab grom looked in her jeans, i have just been to tesco and bought myself a pair of 18's jeans and they fit very comfortably.....only 5lb to go and i will be lighter than hubby...boy life taste good post by-pass...hug n luvs to everyone xxxx

Ooo nice one Lesley, really happy for you. x

Get in Lesley you LOSER you!

Hey Lesley,

Not really been on for a while cos i've been poorly and feeling a bit sorry for myself!! Just read ur post though, we had our surgery a day apart and ur weight loss is going great guns. Mine has been really slow, 2lbs per week (lost 6lb this week but only cos i've been ill) x x x

sorry you havent been feeling well lisa, hope you are feeling okay now....i think 2lb a week is a good loss and healthy...i have a feeling i havnt been eating big enough portion sizes, this is partly because im nervous of being sick or getting any pain...however i have felt hungry quite a lot of the time so this weekend i have overcome this and started to have a bit more...i have felt less hungry and a lot more satisfied...it will be interesting to see my weight loss next week....also one week i didnt lose at all....oh dear i will be worrying about saggy skin now...there is no pleasing me!!! Oh how did you go on at your post op consultation..i havent had an appointment yet, i will have to get in touch mr a said he would see me 6 weeks post op...but feel well and healthy so that is good xxxxx

Hiya Lesley,

Meeting was fine, to be honest I just got weighed and cos i've been suffering from a massive mouth absess, I walked in and Mr Ammori couldn't beleive the size of the absess and that even though I sat in casualty for 5 hours, no-one gave me anti-biotics. He wrote me some up on the spot (bless him).

he was happy enough with the weight loss, just advised to start incorporating excercise into my daily routine and now i'm feeling more myself, I can do.

Since I've had the op, i've had nothing but illness and none of it was op related, just crappy timing i think. A few people have commented when we're out and i'm not the life and soul that i'm probably regretting the op.....NO I'M NOT, i told them multiple times, I'm on so many tablets that i rattle when i walk and the painkillers make me woozy it nothing to do with the op (although it was hard taking all the extra tablets especially when many of them were to be taken with food)

Rant over...yes i'm feeling much better now thanks and now i can get more mobile, I'm sure I can keep the weight coming off slow and steady x x x

after last weeks dissapointing weight loss (zero) i have lost 3lb this week yippee!! only problem is hubby is losing weight to so i now have 7lb more to lose before i catch up with him (b****r)!! will have start filling his plate up more!!! cant believe im under the 14st mark never to go over it again!! i have just been chatting to grom who is celebrating her birthday weekend in style. she was wearing a little black number, drinking champagne and being complimented left, right and centre and so she deserves it she looks fab!!! how great is life after by-pass xxx

Back