• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Please tell me I havent made the wrong decision

i know i luv it!! and do you know the best thing is when i said to my hubby the other day ive still got 4st to lose!! he looked at me aghast and asked where from..can you believe that!! ( i know where from tho) look at how well you are doing cant wait for my bmi to be down to 27 you must feel so well xxx

Good going Mrs!! Good to see the 'Valley Girls' are doing so well!!!
Am finally back from birthday celebrations and you would not believe what I have eaten and drunk!! Funny thing is, it seems my body has said 'enough already' as I've hardly eaten anything today! I had a fabulous four course meal with champagne, overlooking lake Windermere last night! Luckily the portions were very small so i was able to eat some of every course and not feel deprived - it was fabulous and I felt fine afterwards. I did break the 'eating and drinking' rule but hey if you can't do it on your birthday - when can you?
Hubby organised a fab cake complete with tiny replicas of my six chickens on top. Everyone said it was delicious but drew the line at tucking into that!! Chocolate cake anyone??

Yes Les - WLS is FAB!!!

Just had to bring this thread up again, hopefully to inspire people who may be doubting themselves!!! Cant believe i questioned if i had made the right decision to have this op!!! im now just over 7 months post-op lost 90lb and feel like a new person...food no longer rules my life and i can now enjoy it without ever feeling like im on a diet...clothes, clothes, clothes!!! ive discovered them all over again and love shopping in the shops in stead of on line. Only 12lb to go and im at a good bmi! im thinking of Sam today and hope you are feeling okay after ur op yesterday xxxxx

Take it you dont get upset any more about that visit for a curry and a bottle of wine lol well done you , you have done amazing x

Just had to bring this thread up again, hopefully to inspire people who may be doubting themselves!!! Cant believe i questioned if i had made the right decision to have this op!!! im now just over 7 months post-op lost 90lb and feel like a new person...food no longer rules my life and i can now enjoy it without ever feeling like im on a diet...clothes, clothes, clothes!!! ive discovered them all over again and love shopping in the shops in stead of on line. Only 12lb to go and im at a good bmi! im thinking of Sam today and hope you are feeling okay after ur op yesterday xxxxx

Thank you, Lesley, for this post.
It is so important to people like me, who are pre-op to read things like this.
You have done so well, and it's good to hear that you can still enjoy curry and wine :D

Being fresh out of surgery, thank you for reviving this thread. Now I know when it hits me that its normal, as practically anything else I worry about to do with wls.:p

Im so glad you can do what you felt you couldnt back then, well done on your weight loss you must be feeling fantastic:D

i do feel fantastic, fit and healthy being the main one!! you will soon be feeling the same, just think by crimbo you will feel a different person! this has been the most exciting journey for me and i wish i had done it 10 years ago...good luck xxxxx

This was great to read.

Its really made me feel like there are others going through the same thing as i will be going through.

Thanks for bumping this.

we are all in this together and i agree it makes such a difference to know people are having same fears and doubts. i dont know what i would have done without the likes of grom, hopelesscase, phatgirl and shellbell, not to mention many others (or you'll think im doing and oscar speech) this forum is fantastic for the support, i feel a bit unfair i havent been as supportive to new people as i should have been...but i am here if anyone needs me xxxxxxxxx

I have to say Lesley you LOOK AMAZING, I met you right before you surgery and just saw you a few weeks ago and WOW is all I can say to describe the changes. You also exude a happy, healthy confidence that is beautiful and sexy. Go you!

Nic:D

Blimey lesley is it really 8 months since i met that worried out of her mind woman in the garden centre. I will never forget you grabbing hold of my arm and saying you really are real lol.
I was only 8 weeks post op then and already feeling great so i know where you are coming from being this far along. Life doesnt just go an post bypass its a whole new one on top.
Well done on yr achievments im catching up with you with yr Bmi and then i think we will have to have a night out once we are all at target. Thats if grom is in the country long enough!!
carole

i think we need a night out before target..so we can burn calories to get there quicker!! grom and i are still up for the september meet as you say as long as she still in the country he! he!...are you and nic at the support group at hope on the 9th sept...im hoping to bring a dear friend along who is just starting out be good for her to get the inspiration from you guys i got xxx

i feel as though that will never happen again and feel as though i have just lost something i really enjoy.

I am sure everyone will have been really encouraging in the posts above this, but no time to read them now, so here's my tuppence worth.

I really miss some things too sniff.....

Struggling to wipe my own backside for the last five years...(It was my arms that shrunk you understand not my belly getting bigger :D)

Needing a light snack and two hours sleep after putting on my slip on shoes...(No way I could do lace ups :eek:)

Having to buy clothes from Chatleys in Town or on line because "Normal shops" didn't see a market for 64 inch chest clothes. :eek:

Sitting in the car for 15 minutes waiting for a parking space that was close enough to the shop entrance because I couldn't walk more than twenty yards without a sit down. :eek:

Spending £40 a week on sweets and snacks on the way to or from work. I used to buy a KFC Zinger tower and large popcorn chicken on the way home 8 miles from our house, then eat my tea :eek::eek::eek:

Joking apart hun, your Friday nights are not gone forever, all that will change will be the amount you spend.

I eat Indian food all the time, just not three peoples worth. If you like a drink, well you will still be able to, but now you'll be a much cheaper date :D as your capacity for booze will be a lot less than before. So its win win love. You spend less, feel just as full, get legless for three quid, and lose 150lbs.

Regrets? what regrets.....:D;):D

Lesley you have done so well take solace in that, and listen to Shel and the others as they are living the reality now, and able to eat all the things they want to eat just in smaller amounts.
I had doubts like you too as my whole social life virtually revolves around food, but the other guys and gals soon put me right and allayed my fears.
You will be able to go out, and as Shell says you will soon be back to normality.
Chin up and good luck

Jay xx

I am living the reality and loving it...just wanted to bump up for anyone who may be feeling down or unsure about things...i started this post in march and boy have i moved on since then,,,,life cant get much better!!! ive got that excited feeling in my tummy each day instead of that horrible bloated feeling xxxx

I love it when I'm right :D:D:D

Note to self.......check the post dates before you climb onto your high horse :D:D:D

Back