• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Post-Opp Peeps - what do you really miss?

Suprisingly nothing - at the moment. I'm sure I'd like a glass of red at some point, but to be honest, I've not had cravings for anything that I couldn't eat.
The best thing is going shopping and feeling able to try clothes on other than M & S size 22!!
x x

I'm three months on now and to date I've not found anything I crave for except for the occasional ciggy.

I have smelt bacon cooking and for a fleeting moment thought 'oooh that smells good', same with the doughnut van, but it was only fleeting.

Nothing If I fancy something I have it If i can tollerate it and at the mo I can eat anything (still dont like scarmbled egg) This morning for breakfast I have had bacon(just the rounds with all fat removed then grilled) with a couple of mushrooms some tinned toms with grated cheese melted in them was well yummy

I thought that aswell about diet coke I use to drink about 2 litres aday but not had any since my op and I aint missed it at all

Things I miss.....Where to start :D

Pepsi max 3 to 4 litres a day
Pizza (Family size)
Chinese food
Anything (And I do mean anything) from Kongs chippy in Flixton
Three course meals (The finishing of)
Chocolate
Cakes
Crusty bread with half a pound of cheese
Fried breakfasts
Sweets
Ice cream
Pizza (I like pizza)
Gulping down drinks when thirsty
Poppadoms
Did I mention Pizza :D
Voltarol tablets for my knees

Do I regret having WLS? If I'm being honest some days for a fleeting moment I do.

In the main though it has given me a chance of life I would not have had without it. It has saved my life and improved the lives of my family who no longer worry that I'm going to die every time I leave the house. :D

They no longer have to feel shame or embarrassment at the comments and stares of people in the street, and that is good.

It is a new chance and despite the inherent sacrifices, one that I will not fail to take.

Things I miss.....Where to start :D

Pepsi max 3 to 4 litres a day
Pizza (Family size)
Chinese food
Anything (And I do mean anything) from Kongs chippy in Flixton
Three course meals (The finishing of)
Chocolate
Cakes
Crusty bread with half a pound of cheese
Fried breakfasts
Sweets
Ice cream
Pizza (I like pizza)
Gulping down drinks when thirsty
Poppadoms
Did I mention Pizza :D
Voltarol tablets for my knees

Do I regret having WLS? If I'm being honest some days for a fleeting moment I do.

In the main though it has given me a chance of life I would not have had without it. It has saved my life and improved the lives of my family who no longer worry that I'm going to die every time I leave the house. :D

They no longer have to feel shame or embarrassment at the comments and stares of people in the street, and that is good.

It is a new chance and despite the inherent sacrifices, one that I will not fail to take.

Karlos,

Have you not been able to have pizza at all? I mean like one slice with a salad?

Because the only thing I think I am going to miss is pizza :(

xxx

It was my downfall Hayley, I was 12 stone until Ginos dial a Pizza opened up a shop in Sale :D So with chips etc it is a food I cannot risk getting back into.

I figure the NHS have invested £15 grand or so to give me a chance to be healthy again, so I have to do my bit.

If giving up the stuff that got me into the Super Morbidly Obese club is my investment so be it hun xxx

Let me see.............................. :giggle:

White wine spritzers

Chicken, black bean & chilli sauce with fried rice, chips & prawn crackers

Chicken Curry

Diet coke

Cheese on toast

Fish & chips

Cakes

Indian food

The list goes on but im sure you get my jist.......

I still eat Chicken curry but only a couple of spoonfulls sadly lol

seems we all like the diet coke/pepsi i also drink 3 ltra day if i didnt i would just eat all time going to save a fortune on pop lol

I don't miss or crave anything really. If I fancy something I have it but alot less than I would have had pre op. Two or three squares of chocolate instead of a family size bar. A small glass of diet coke/pepsi instead of a two litre bottle etc. They say a little of what you fancy does you good lolx

Back