• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op diet starts today Op in 2 weeks.

penelope1008

Well todays the day Day one of the Pre-op Diet. For me it is 2pints of Milk, 2 Yoghurts and a cup of Oxo a day plus 2L of additional fluids.

Breakfast has gone down ok but am waiting a bit before I have a cuppa and take my tablets for the day I have a feeling they may have to be spaced out for a few days until my stomach gets used to the new liquids only.

Lunch is packed for work for the week to sit in the office fridge, well a 4 pack of yoghurts plus an extra 2 (one for today's lunch and the 6th for a meeting after work tomorrow so I am not tempted by the biscuits they will all be tucking into) doesn't take up much more room than a normal lunch. LOL.

The final count down has started roll on the 5th July the start of a whole new future and perhaps with luck back to the figure I had as a teenager all be it a bit saggier than it was then. Well I can dream can't I, my husband may even remember he could then get his arm around my waist and touch his waist as well I was that skinny, although I think I may have a lot of exercise to do to get that trim even if the weight does go down that far again.

Oh well here goes bring it on I will succeed one way or another. :)

Penny.

Good luck with the milk! My op isn't until 13th August due to work commitments my side, but really want to get on with it all now. Keep losing 10/12 lbs during the week then putting it all back on over the weekend, so back to square one again today. Have bought lots of Slimfast supplies to have during the day at work, then low carb meat and salads for tea; hoping I can keep this up properly til my 2 week pre op diet. Another Monday...another Diet Day One! x

Good Luck Mrs Smith I hope it can work for you this week and give you the inspriation you need to keep going through the weekends. I must admit I wasn't so good this weekend finishing off some bits I shan't be able to have post-op at least for a while. But head at the moment in the right place to do this properly as I don't want to be told I can't have the op in 2 weeks time because I didn't make the effort properly now.

Good luck with it - wow, just 2 weeks to go!

so pleased you are nearly there! yippee! ,cant wait to hear all about it all after and see the new slimmer you appear over the next few months,,,,good luck love ,hope it brings you all you dream of xxxxxxxx

Thank you all first day almost over and so far so good, I just need to get through tea time and the evening without raiding a cupboard just as well I have a counted cross stitch picture to start so can't eat and stitch at least.

Day 2 nearly done oxo and last pint milk to go. No urge to eat tonight so far just need to wallow in a nice deep bath and relax with my book or embroidery.

Take 1 day at a time and be for you no it you will be on day 14. the 1st day is always the hardest. you nearly on day 2.

Day 3 here already, and weight watchers weigh in today I think I have lost 3lbs already from the check at the arthritis clinic yesterday but won't rejoice until I see it on the scales at Weight watchers incase they are different from hers. If its right not bad for what was then 2 days on the pre-op diet.

Well done on getting started. Just a few more 'pairs of days' and you'll be there x

Long tough day so far and so tired today can understand better now why we can't do strenuous exercise while on pre-op diet.
Tempting to head to bed but weigh in awaits. But early night is on the cards me thinks.

Time to Chillax Penny, forget the little swines at school and think scales!! Well done if you have lost even just 1lb something is better than nothing. Just a little longer and you will be on the table staring up at that big round light and the guy telling you to think of what you will dream about while you are under, In the meantime I have been on the weighbridge myself today and since leaving the hospital I have lost another 6 kilos and I am now the lowest weight I have ever been in more than 11 years since before I was married, so that is a great milestone for me, still lots of flab to sort out but Gym'll fix it, well some of it anyway. Have a good night hope the weigh in went well. x

Firstly well done Bob great first post-op weigh in. Great news.
Since I spoke to you last had father in law on phone re coming over next weekend as eldest home for weekend and wants to see grandparents and I dint fancy traipsing round 3 different towns so close to op date. So lovely man my pa in law offers to take us out for dinner, had to confess I can't eat at mo and about upcoming op. I hadn't said anything to him or his ex-wife (old moo in law) as especially she will have an opinion and for the sake of family harmony don't need it. He was ok with it but her!!!!!
So next step her grr
As for weight down 4lbs not bad when had semi blow out over weekend and only doing pre-op for 3 days. Yay.

Hi all,

Got my admission letter and diet sheet in the post this morning. The milk diet is going to be a killer, I rarely have tea or coffee and am worried about being able to drink 3-4 pints of semi or skimmed milk. I had a glass of milk for my 11:00 instead of the normal cuppa and started to feel queasy with it. <GAG> GOD HOW AM I GOING TO DRINK IT!!!!!! :eek:(

Can I use those 3-4 pints to make coffee?? or hot chocolate am not sure if I can have milkshake that much in one day.
As for the rest of the diet, well thats not too bad.....

Hi Mightyminx, on my sheet the suggested timetable for the day suggests an all milk coffee first thing so I should think that is fine and others on here have used NAS Crusha to make a shake (not sure if that was while they were doing the pre-op diet though), Some made up milk jellies using NAS Jelly. Hope that helps.

Back