• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sleeve pre op countdown to op!

suzeward

Post op Sleever
pre op diet and im really hungry!

OMG! I'm only day three of pre op diet, another 9 days till the op. I am starving! I have had two days on two shakes and a small protein and salad for tea. Today to change it up and as I'm wary of getting bored of shakes, I've had one weetabix with plenty if milk, one scrambled egg with milk on dry toast followed by a yogurt. I ate brekkie with a tsp taking my time and sitting at a table and has lunch cut into 16 pieces! I am making a huge effort and concentrating on the fact that I'll have to eat like this all the time post op. But I'm just so hungry, feeling tired and weepy. Know it will be worth it but it's not fair! (petulant stamp)
I'm being good and am going to drink more water and try having a nap. Got a roast dinner to look forward to tonight so will fill up on veg.

Hi hun, you can do it! Just remember your end goal!!
Just out of interest (I start my pre op tomoz for 5wks) I've been told I have to pick one plan stick to it and to not mix the milk and food plan!
I think it may be easier to stick to one or the other. Other thing is day 3 is normally a mare for most! You can get through it! Xxx

Well done, you're doing great.

Does your pre-op diet have weights for the protein element? If so its worth looking at how much actually is. On mine I could have one egg or nearly all of a small tin of tuna in brine. The tuna was a lot more filling (and took longer to eat) than the egg.

Xx

My surgery date is also the 13th but only have to do one week pre op diet. However yours sounds a bit better, no actual food on mine apart from a deit yoghurt a day, the rest is milk, milk, milk and sugar free drinks, and a cup of bovril a day, think it's gonna be a bit hard, will have my last supper tonight and a bottle or 2 of cider, could be my last...........
BUT it will all be worth it I know

Thinking of you, I'm on day 8 of my diet, no carbs, just veg,salad,fruit, chicken or fish and it is a bit boring but I've lost 10lb and I know my liver is going to be better for the op next week, good luck and persever, we will get there x

I was starving hungry in my first week. I had two weeks of 1000cals, then three weeks of milk and yogurt. It got easier as time went on and I got used to it. I am heartily sick of yogurt but it's very short term and will be worth it on Tuesday.

Just keep thinking about why you're doing it, and the rest of the time will whizz by. Good luck! x

Sounds bonkers but I actually preferred the milk diet. The not having to think about food or calculate calories really worked for me - I just knew I had to try to finish the bottle each day. I found it rather easy, albeit totally boring.

Sounds bonkers but I actually preferred the milk diet. The not having to think about food or calculate calories really worked for me - I just knew I had to try to finish the bottle each day. I found it rather easy, albeit totally boring.

I'm hoping I'll be like this Yvessa, I certainly was when I did Cambridge!
:)

Thx everyone for the support. I had a slice of tongue (my fav cold meat), a 1.5 hour nap and woke feeling much better. Since then I've also had a roast chicken dinner, cooked the healthy way. And eating slowly and chewing well, I only managed half! The other half is in the fridge in case I get hungry later.
Hubby and two kids are getting benefit too as every meal is about educating them to eat slowly too.

Wish the husband would learn. I swear I look down to start taking my first bite, look up and his food is gone already!

Wish the husband would learn. I swear I look down to start taking my first bite, look up and his food is gone already!

My husband is a string bean as is my eldest (8) child. My youngest (5) takes after me and is already a bit chubby. I hope that learning what and how to eat atbthis young age will set them up for life.

7 sleeps till op day. Today I'm at Countess of Chester for camera in stomach. But nervous, disparaging mother not a help. Crowd on ward all having op next week so we're quite a jolly bunch. Lost just over 4kg on pre op diet so far, hoping for more by next week. I'm next for camera only minutes to wait now.

ForumRunner_20130806_150329.jpg

do you have to have the camera in stomach for the weight loss op or for something else (being nose, apologies!) ... didn't realise this might be part of the process... hope you are ok and got the all clear xxx

Camera over. Home in bed after a long emotional and tiring day. Gastroscopy was part of pre WLS checks and is standard for Countess of Chester. I hated it. The sedative didn't work, the numbing spray didn't numb. I was fighting the camera so hard that two nurses had to hold me down. Taken back to ward in floods of tears. Two surgeons and the matron apologised.
Really glad that its a general anesthetic next week for the sleeve.

Oonly good news being that Im cleared for surgery next week.

Bally, i wish Id been given the opportunity! It was hideous and i never want another one.

Back