• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sleeve pre op countdown to op!

Hi Suzewad I am having my sleeve in 2 weeks I had to have the Gastroscopy months ago before they would even think of giving me a surgery date (month)

Hi Suzewad I am having my sleeve in 2 weeks I had to have the Gastroscopy months ago before they would even think of giving me a surgery date (month)

I wish I had it month's ago then I wouldn't be feeling down right before surgery. Main difference between our providers, I suspect, is that is virtually no waiting list for surgery in cheshire. I was referred at the end of june and I'm having surgery in august!

6 sleeps to go: had a better day today. Bought a handbag to cheer myself (see picture). Need to get serious about the pre op diet again, as I've slipped alittle today. Starting the come out of the funk caused by the gastroscopy, and meeting with WLS chums tomorrow for a cup of tea (no sugar, semi skimmed milk).

Ignoremy 8 yo getting in on the act!
ForumRunner_20130807_191732.jpg

well done... you can do it.... keep it up. All the best to you...x

just wanted to wish you good luck for your op

Suzeward seems there are lots of people in London wanting surgery and a very long list, you are lucky.
Lovely handbag and the little cutie in the background.
keep with it as the weight comes off you will feel brighter.
We are strong women we can do this.

5 sleeps more:
Hooked up with Allykat and J0anne today for a pre op chat. Much fun had and next meeting will be post op for two of us.
Eaten according to plan today totalled about 1300 calories. Hopefully still losing weight. Maybe I'll weigh myself and find out.
Nerves about op growing steadily but hubby is arranging to get out of work in order to come with me to the hospital.

I didn't have to have a gastrophy, and my surgery is same day, don't know if that is good or bad

Maybe your surgeons just deal with any issues during surgery. Phoenix like to check out hernias and ulcers beforehand.

Day 2 of my lsd everywhere I went today I could smell food all the things I would want to eat, but I have been good.
I am sure its easier if you are busy or asleep just have to remember to be one or the other.

Hey Jackie, sleep is my friend right now. Im just counting the days. X

3 more sleeps. Everything going ok I think. Had a tiny bit of Mums birthday cake, and I mean tiny. Also pureed and frozen about 20 meals & soups for post op so I'm well prepared. Still to puree and strain some frozen fruit ready to add to 0% fat natural Greek yogurt.
Half packed for hospital. Planning on paying £10 for wifi for the stay then I can use Netflix etc.

Thx bally and Jackie!
Only one more sleep!
Got to finish packing my bag because I have to be there for 8am which means being in the car for 7am. Too early. *grumble* If I'm first, excellent since I wont he chance to be hungry. If I'm second

...then I'm going to get very hungry as Mr Monk has only two surgeries tomorrow and the second will be in the afternoon.

Looking forward to being 2-4 stone lighter (28-56lbs) by my hols on Oct 21st. Should make the flight slightly more comfortable. (but since I'll still be 26st+ it wont make a huge suffering!).

Suffering=difference
Wow autocorrect is on the ball today!

Sleeve tomorrow. Last meal eaten, JP and baked beans. Wish I could have a stiff G&T.

Back