• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre op diet starts tomorrow.

Sorry to say I'm finding it really hard. I want to eat really badly and I'm hungry. I knew it would be tough though and I'm sticking to it. I've just got back off holiday and it was exhausting being so big in the sun. The seatbelt only just fastened (with a lot of effort) and I was so uncomfortable on the flight. There was no chance I could put the tray down. I keep imagining next years holiday with a good few stone gone and it's a comfort. I'm just used to eating whatever I want and I'm no good at saying no to myself so it's definitely a massive change. Where are you up to on your journey?

Aww just think it will defiantly be worth it hun. Keep going your doing great & helping me in the process :) I'm really nervous about the pre-op diet!
I am just waiting for my pre-op appointment, been approved & funded just a waiting game again xx

Thanks! I don't feel I'm doing great but the encouragement helps!

D: chicken, pasta, salad leaves, balsamic vinegar and tiny blob low fat Mayo. Fruit and fat free yoghurt.

That's me done for today.

B: 1 toast with scraping margarine, cup of tea.

Got a busy day today, out and about with the kids and meeting friends that I haven't told about the surgery. Fingers crossed I can get away without them noticing.

Good luck,I am on day 6 of liquid diet,my op is on the 19th,just keep thinking of your op to give you the determination to stick to it ,best of luck

B: 1 toast with scraping margarine, cup of tea. Got a busy day today, out and about with the kids and meeting friends that I haven't told about the surgery. Fingers crossed I can get away without them noticing.

Good luck hun. I got my pre-op appointment now! Starting to get nervous xx

Good luck,I am on day 6 of liquid diet,my op is on the 19th,just keep thinking of your op to give you the determination to stick to it ,best of luck

Good luck with it all, liquid diet must be tough. Your op is 2 days before mine. Will come round before we know it x

Well I did ok today, had a salad with half a pitta for lunch while out with friends. Took my daughter to the cinema this afternoon and managed to ignore all the sweets! Just had a coffee.

For dinner I'm looking forward to 2 boiled eggs and 1 piece of toast Nd some fruit to follow.

I'm a bit worried that my pre op diet isn't as strict as some, I can eat fruit, veg and salad without restrictions. I hope I will loose enough weight.

I'm wondering wether I should go on a liquid diet next week. What do you all think?

Well I did ok today, had a salad with half a pitta for lunch while out with friends. Took my daughter to the cinema this afternoon and managed to ignore all the sweets! Just had a coffee. For dinner I'm looking forward to 2 boiled eggs and 1 piece of toast Nd some fruit to follow. I'm a bit worried that my pre op diet isn't as strict as some, I can eat fruit, veg and salad without restrictions. I hope I will loose enough weight. I'm wondering wether I should go on a liquid diet next week. What do you all think?

I know when I spoke to my consultant he said I would be able to eat fruit & veg as much as I want, something to do with them not affecting the liver? I think it's the carbs side that the liver uses x

I think I was on same LRD as you. Veg and salad is unlimited but not root vegetables, I was revision bypass and fobi ring ten days ago and I cannot be bothered with food, I forget to eat. On liquid for 2 weeks, purée for 2 weeks then minced so no trying 'proper food' for me till 11th September.

I know when I spoke to my consultant he said I would be able to eat fruit & veg as much as I want, something to do with them not affecting the liver? I think it's the carbs side that the liver uses x

Thanks - that's helpful to know

I think I was on same LRD as you. Veg and salad is unlimited but not root vegetables, I was revision bypass and fobi ring ten days ago and I cannot be bothered with food, I forget to eat. On liquid for 2 weeks, purée for 2 weeks then minced so no trying 'proper food' for me till 11th September.

Wow, can't wait to forget to eat! I'm food obsessed at the moment...

Meeting up with my friend with the children tomorrow, she's one of my best friends so in going to tell her about the surgery. Im nervous about it but I know she will just want what's best for me. I just hope she doesn't try to talk me out of it.

I'm meeting her at 1pm so I'm planning on eating lunch before I see her then I can just refuse all food while I'm there. Sometimes I find it easier to just say no to all food than make good choices.

Day 4 tomorrow...

Day 4.
B: cup of tea. 1 piece of toast with a scraping of margarine.

L: salad, half a pitta, 20g mozzarella.
D: 2 boiled eggs, 1 toast.

Told my friend today about my surgery, she was supportive but she did mention trying again with diet and exercise and I felt a bit low. Felt like a failure which wasn't her intention but I know people will think like that.

Anyway, I'm dusting myself off and getting on with it. Gotta keep my eye on the prize.

L: salad, half a pitta, 20g mozzarella. D: 2 boiled eggs, 1 toast. Told my friend today about my surgery, she was supportive but she did mention trying again with diet and exercise and I felt a bit low. Felt like a failure which wasn't her intention but I know people will think like that. Anyway, I'm dusting myself off and getting on with it. Gotta keep my eye on the prize.
Aww your not a failure Hun. When I told my 2 closest friends about going for the surgery they both said are you sure? Couldn't you try dieting again and I said I'm doing what's best for me & my children. I have tried so many diets I've lost count! Unless they are going through it themselves they will meet truly understand how we feel. How could they possibly? X. Sorry for the long message x

Last edited:
Back