• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

presctiption charges

louise1983

im so glad i found out about a prepaid card as its cost so much over the last 2 days in prescriptions.

my chemist has told me once i get my card i can go back to him and will get a refund for what i paid out in the last 2 days :D

its worth looking into for anyone that doenst know already hehe

i was just wondering , if after my op , i dont need my metformin,,surely i stop being entitled to diabetic free perscriptions? ,,,how do i go about sorting it out ,,,and at which point do we stop being diabetic? ,,,,seems so weird that maybe i wont be diabetic anymore! lol yippee" xxxx,,,

I am looking forward to that most of all. I currently have to inject insulin 6 times a day and it is really a pain in the bum. My surgeon told me that sometimes people find their diabetes goes into remission instantly as they come out of surgery. I expect it will depend on age, length of time with diabetes and severity etc but even so, he said that the rest usually go into remission within a few months. I can hardly wait for that. I honestly think that weight loss will be a bonus to that. I hope you won't need the metformin after your op. It is horrible stuff and makes a lot of people feel spaced out.

Oh by the way, you should still be entitled to free prescriptions as you will still be classed as diabetic I expect.

Hey guys if your getting scripts for your Vits, Iron and Calcium its much cheaper to buy them over the counter at the pharmacy Its about £2.50 per item depending on the choice of Vitamin capsules. x

As I have a thyroid problem I get free prescriptions. do thyroid probs go when you lose weight?

TwinkleTwinkle said:
No Caren, that is one thing that doesn't go so we will still get free scripts :D:D:D

Woohoo :D x

Julie it's where you pay monthly fee I think I pay about 10 pound and all your prescription are free

Thanks happy days.
How/where do you apply for the card? It's just I haven't seen my GP yet for a script (new GP since op) but will need to go in a couple of weeks when my Fastabs run out :)

Jxx

I currently get free prescriptions, but i cant recommend a pre paid card enough to anyone who doesnt and who needs regular prescriptions, saves a fortune! I got mine about 3-4 years ago and STILL find people who dont know about this scheme!

i got a 3 month card and paid £29.10 in the last 2 days it cost me £31 but atleast i can get that back, its deffinatly a must have as i even had to pay for my b12 injections so i have 6 ampules which will last me a while haha

As I have a thyroid problem I get free prescriptions. do thyroid probs go when you lose weight?

Hi Caren my Mum has thyroid problem and she is paying for her precriptions.. so this is good news. Her Dr hasnt mentioned not paying though x

Back