• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Progress update fellow Spire Manchester Plication ladies!

Gillykit

Had a check up with the lovely Prof Ammori this evening. Pleased with my progress - although slow and steady after a bad stall of only losing 2.5lbs over 6 weeks. Got told off for not taking my vitamin pills - ladies take note ;) but don't need a B12 injection four months out as bloods all within good range. He was anxious to know if the hunger feeling had returned - yes it has but not badly, and I think its often thirst. My total loss is currently averaging better than a band and slightly worse than a sleeve - and I've lost the 2lbs I put on over Christmas :) Just need to get out of my new bad habit of 'drip feeding' instead of having proper meals and stopping when I'm full, and increase the exercise, and I'll get a gold star ;) Back in 3 months. Hope you're all doing well?? xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi

Congratulations on your weight loaa. I desperately want to get the wrap after failing with the band. Can i highkacl your thread by asking a few questiona? Can you feel the food going down when you eat? and do you suffer with acid reflux at all following the surgery.

Good luck with your weight loss journey x

Hi

Congratulations on your weight loaa. I desperately want to get the wrap after failing with the band. Can i highkacl your thread by asking a few questiona? Can you feel the food going down when you eat? and do you suffer with acid reflux at all following the surgery.

Good luck with your weight loss journey x

Hi there and thank you :) Ask away!
No I can't feel food going down, it feels no different to when my stomach was full size, except for occasionally gurgling like a drain lol. No acid reflux either, and I haven't had to take any PPI medication (omeprazole etc) except for the initial 6 weeks post-op.

Its a purely restrictive procedure like the band, and for me so far so good! You have to be prepared to work with it, like the band, to achieve the losses, as you can eat and drink what you want (or I've found I can) once you're a few months post op - just less of it :)

Hope that helps :) x

Am so glad about the weight loss. Well done hune. Pleased all is well.. bet a few years ago though you.'d Have been thrilled with only 2lbs on over Xmas. keep us posted on your progress I Think u r doing really well.

Had a check up with the lovely Prof Ammori this evening. Pleased with my progress - although slow and steady after a bad stall of only losing 2.5lbs over 6 weeks. Got told off for not taking my vitamin pills - ladies take note ;) but don't need a B12 injection four months out as bloods all within good range. He was anxious to know if the hunger feeling had returned - yes it has but not badly, and I think its often thirst. My total loss is currently averaging better than a band and slightly worse than a sleeve - and I've lost the 2lbs I put on over Christmas :) Just need to get out of my new bad habit of 'drip feeding' instead of having proper meals and stopping when I'm full, and increase the exercise, and I'll get a gold star ;) Back in 3 months. Hope you're all doing well?? xx

Well done Gillykit...you're doing fab...I'm really happy....just need to up the anti with my exercise to tone up...it's completely changed my life..., :)

Well done Gillykit...you're doing fab...I'm really happy....just need to up the anti with my exercise to tone up...it's completely changed my life..., :)

Aww thanks KT! I'm really happy with how I'm doing ... not the biggest losses, but slow and steady wins the race :) How are you doing? I know what you mean about the exercise! :)

Aww thanks KT! I'm really happy with how I'm doing ... not the biggest losses, but slow and steady wins the race :) How are you doing? I know what you mean about the exercise! :)

I'm feeling pretty fantastic......I find things really easy now....and no one has ever guessed.....even at work or when I've been out for meals.....definitely been life changing surgery for me....potentially life saving as if I'd have continued as I had....I would be as my dad...morbidly obese...type2 diabetes and awaiting coronary artery surgery...I had to do something... :-/ Although I do sometimes feel tired...need my B12 checking soon.

Soo looking forward to Sumer now....glad to see you're doing so well...how you feeling??

XXXX

I'm feeling pretty fantastic......I find things really easy now....and no one has ever guessed.....even at work or when I've been out for meals.....definitely been life changing surgery for me....potentially life saving as if I'd have continued as I had....I would be as my dad...morbidly obese...type2 diabetes and awaiting coronary artery surgery...I had to do something... :-/ Although I do sometimes feel tired...need my B12 checking soon.

Soo looking forward to Sumer now....glad to see you're doing so well...how you feeling??

XXXX

I feel great :) its the little things that make a difference - not trawling the car park to find the closest space cos I actually want to walk, playing with my godkids and not being tired after 10 minutes .... and today I sat in a cinema seat and there was plenty of wriggle room to spare! :)

Food isn't an issue and I'm eating healthy food and calorie counting, but I have 2 days a week where I relax a bit and have more than 1000 - usually because I'm out for a social event .... so maybe a small glass of wine or a small slice of cake with my coffee. I went on hols in November and came home to find I'd lost a pound - that's a first!

I still have head issues as my brain hasn't yet computed I can't eat as much as I'd like, and I still over-fill my plate, and get frustrated that I can't finish it. I'm getting better at portion control though and CBT is helping 'retrain the brain' to only eat what I need.

Its been an interesting journey so far, but one I don't regret for a minute, and like you I'm looking forward to Summer ..... roll on floaty dresses and not hiding indoors :) xxxx

I feel great :) its the little things that make a difference - not trawling the car park to find the closest space cos I actually want to walk, playing with my godkids and not being tired after 10 minutes .... and today I sat in a cinema seat and there was plenty of wriggle room to spare! :)

Food isn't an issue and I'm eating healthy food and calorie counting, but I have 2 days a week where I relax a bit and have more than 1000 - usually because I'm out for a social event .... so maybe a small glass of wine or a small slice of cake with my coffee. I went on hols in November and came home to find I'd lost a pound - that's a first!

I still have head issues as my brain hasn't yet computed I can't eat as much as I'd like, and I still over-fill my plate, and get frustrated that I can't finish it. I'm getting better at portion control though and CBT is helping 'retrain the brain' to only eat what I need.

Its been an interesting journey so far, but one I don't regret for a minute, and like you I'm looking forward to Summer ..... roll on floaty dresses and not hiding indoors :) xxxx

Sounds like you're getting on famously….funny you should mention about the parking car thing…..that is EXACTLY the same for me…it isn't a chore to walk anymore….. :)

I do really need to tone up and I would look much better…although I do find it difficult in the winter..as well as working full time….but its so nice to feel good in clothes….I've worn dresses for the first time in YEARS….and I'm still getting compliments from people….which is lovely and keeps me going…….

XXX

Can I join in ? All things being equal, I'm in for a plication in Manchester Friday next week...

Welcome Sarah! I've not been on the forum for a couple of weeks but there is lots of great advice on here. If you're being plicated by Prof Ammori you are in very safe hands and he is lovely :) I had mine done 6 months ago - yay my 6 month surgiversary - and am so please I had it done. I'm struggling with a long stall at the moment but have lost 4 stone so far. Not as fast as some other wrappers on here who are doing amazing, but I'm happy with my slow steady progress and am happier and fitter than I've been for years. Good luck with your op next week x

Hello Gilly.

Yes, I am. Met him last Wednesday and he was booking me in for this Friday.

Not had a letter confirming this yet though - I'll give MAry a call in the morning :) Looking forward to a new beginning x

any updates from Spire Manchester wrappers ? Nosey.....

I'm 6 month post op this weekend.

I'm still losing - albeit a bit slower than at the start. Seem to be going down about 1/2 stone per month. I'm hoping to hit 200lb for Christmas.... or as near as possible !

Certainly feel so much better for it - although often I can't see the wood for the trees ! Dropped 3 > 4 dress sizes now and just been clothes shopping as had nothing to wear and changing cooler weather to arrive upon us soon.... (any excuse ...)

Back