• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Rake Lane/North Tyneside Update

I stayed the same this week :) hope all is well...everyone sooooo quiet xx

Hi wencho I'm still lurking lol, my weight this week was 10.9 so I lost 4 (have no idea how) and now in a normal BMI range. Hope all the other rakelane people r doing good, cant believe we r on count down to Christmas and it will be coming up to are 1 year post op, how different is Christmas going to be that we won't be on are pre op diet lol. X

Eeeeee thts fab!!! Have u changed anything? U must b at goal now surely? How much u lost altogether? God i no nearly a year lol...il b glad i can celebrate with sum alcohol this year...i was like a spare part last xmas Haha xx

Havent been on here for absolutely ages, but been a long year of appointments etc.
Had my seminar in February with Mr Seymour and I now have my date for 6th December for a bypass.
Since February I have lost 2st8lb myself.
I have my pre op 10th Oct incase they get me a cancellation and il be all done. Fingers crossed for me!

Quick fix my skinny arse!!! Lol...none is ever guna understand unless they've had it...not cos they can't...its cos they don't want to!!!
If only there was an aid to develop small brains eh...hehe xx

Hey :)
Well almost a year later, and here I am lol so thought id give you a little update on me!
Maintaing weight very well - had an absolutey awful year, thought this year would be my year, but mum was sadly diagnosed with breast ca thats spread (but treatable) so really wanted to put off any surgery till she was better, but mum was determined i was having my surgery!
Took ages to get all my appointments through, and when I turned up for one of them, they had cancelled it and were happy to make me wait nearly 12 weeks for the same appointment so I stamped my feet lol and got one for the next day!
Met dr woodcock on the 8th november and got given a surgical date for the 17th december 2012! VERY VERY excited
I'd be lying if I said I wasnt a wee bit nervous about the GA, but I know im in good hands!
I went in to this determined a bypass wasnt for me and I wanted a band, but because of all the medical complications ive run into this year (becoming diabetic etc) im going in for a bypass!
:p:p:p:p

Nice 1....good luck with rest of apps and hope ya mam is recovering well xx

Good luck - I went with initial intention of band then sleeve but had full bypass which was best for me. It will all go so smoothly x

Ul b just about to start ur pre op diet eh!
U feeling nervous? X

where have all the rake laners gone :O lol xx

Ho I'm through north Tyneside went to seminar in August and had a few appointments along the way seen nurse in December seen dietitian seen mr woodcock registra and got a date for my bypass 26 June have to go for camera down on 23 may exciting times :)

Hello!! Im at rake lane at the very start of my journey. Had my seminar last week now being referred to a food for thought course. Can anyone let me know timescales etc xxx

Hi...not long to go julie! Itl b the best thing uve ever done!

My timescale seems pretty short compared to what some have..I was referred by doc feb 2011 and had op dec 2011 under dr woodcock

Camera was by far my worst part of the whole journey. ..I had an infection but was given tablets and op still went ahead...only b postponed if its serious but thats very rare...I think ive just liked ur post on fb wls page haha xx

Yes haha..thort it sounded familiar lol xx

Back