• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Really struggling

SiobhanMT

Hi guys I need help. I'm being banded on Wednesday and I've been trying to follow the pre op diet for 2 weeks but I've found it so hard and had protein here and there. Nothing too bad and I've lost 10 lb but I'm really worried now. Today is especially difficult as I'm hundreds of miles from friends and family, going through a breakup and feel so lonely on my birthday. I'm drawing the line now and on it strictly for 4 days and I'll drink loads of water. Do you think I should be worried?

Also I know this is a life long battle and I need to get over the demons that cause me to go to food and I've tried really hard and I'm confident once this is in I will make the changes

Hello There!

i'm sorry to hear you are having a hard time, most specially on you bday. But please be strong and keep your head up you're going to change everything soon and maybe you could as it's your birthday see yourself a year from now,enjoying a sunnier day and slimmer too? All the struggle will be worth it. Make your wish it's your day! I really wish you all the best!!!

Hi Chick - try not to worry. You are on your way to a new you, I know you will feel lonely today, especially as you are having a birthday and a break up, but it will get better...and you can chat to us whenever you feel like.

I've always wondered how they know? do they do a scan or do they check when they open you up? I have never heard of someone being opened up and then the Surgeon stopping the operation. Don't get me wrong its important to try and follow the doctors instructions, but I bet you aren't the first person to struggle and you won't be the last.

The only thing is its a great start to the journey to lose as much weight as possible before the actual operation - tomorrow is another day hun.

The best advice I could give you is think atkins without the fat. High protein very low carb with shrink your liver. Obviously 4 days is a short amount of time, but better than nothing.

Good luck and try not to worry, having lost 10lbs you probably have already made a dent in the liver size, just try and keep it small.

x

Thanks everyone. Tomorrow is the big day and I'm down 15 pounds now so hopefully I don't have anything to worry about :-s

Thanks everyone. Tomorrow is the big day and I'm down 15 pounds now so hopefully I don't have anything to worry about :-s

Good luck, and 15lbs is superb. Just don't have a binge tonight!! :D

best of luck for the big day

Back