• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Realy Gutted

deepblue

Just been told by way of a phonecall that my surgery on Monday has been canceled. Due to me having a gum infection and being put on antibiotics.
I now have to wait till the end of June now I know it could be worse but its taken 2 years to get to this point and I had everything aranged with babysiters etc,etc cant believ a simple gum infection has stopped things going as planed.

Sorry to hear this has happened, but its best they dont operate at the moment as it keeps you safe, the end of June will be here before you know it x

Aw you poor thing, I would be devastated too! After 2 years aswell! I know its not what you want to hear but they probably have a good medical reason to do this, and thats for your own good........but I bet you are still gutted. Try and keep your chin up hun, it is going to happen, just a little later ((HUGS)) X

Gosh, how awful for you, I would feel totally gutted too, I am soooo sorry. But this op is going to be a huge thing and I know you feel OK, but being on antibiotics and being immunocompromised means you have a greater risk of post-op infection....doesn't make you feel any better but the surgeon is playing safe. You will get there...just a little later than expected..I'm so sorry xxx

Thanks guys I am trying to stay focused but the worse thing is they have told me to come off the liver shrinking diet and to eat what i want for the next couple of weeks I was only just getting used to being strict on myself.
scared it will be harder second time round.

I am so sorry to hear they have had to cancel. I would be absolutely gutted too. I would try and stay on the diet if you can although not sure if its good for you as I was told I shouldn't be on it for longer than 9 weeks.

Oh dear, that's just crap isn't it. I'm so sorry you've been let down.

Please try to be good and stay focused though, it'll so be worth it, I promise.

xxx

i know how you feel i had to cancell my op a couple of weeks ago as i was to ill to have it. it really makes you feel so upset. i have to wait till 19th july now . but it will come round soon. hope you get better soon hun xxxxx

How awful........

I hope the time flies for you and your gum problem gets sorted too xx

Even though it feels like a bit of a b*mmer right now you just have to think about your safety while being operated on.You will be swallowing saliva thats carrying the infection so you don't want this to reach your sensitive tum do you. It could cause all sorts of problems for you post op. As you say you have waited 2 years so a little longer for your safety will be so worth it. Good luck sweetheartxxx

What a pain! Still, as others have said, you need to be in tip top condition before surgery. If I were you, I'd try to carry on with the liver shrinking diet if you can xx

Just been told by way of a phonecall that my surgery on Monday has been canceled. Due to me having a gum infection and being put on antibiotics.
I now have to wait till the end of June now I know it could be worse but its taken 2 years to get to this point and I had everything aranged with babysiters etc,etc cant believ a simple gum infection has stopped things going as planed.

sorry to hear your surgery got cancelled , I am sure they know what they are doing no matter how fustrating this may be for you. Rob

Oh dear, big hugs hun, cant say no more than the others.

Back