• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

referall

Don't count the days or you'll go mad, try to forget about it now and carry on with your life.

I had read that some people can wait more than a year for funding, so I was amazed when mine came through and the date set in 3 months, from my first visit to Walsall Manor.

Ah! sorry, it was quite a wait from the GP to the first contact from the hospital though, what about 12 weeks.

You'll be Ok.

Hi Sara, I went to see Dr Hartland at Manor and he did'nt say yes or no, he just went straight into explaining the band and bypass and asked which one I would like. That was it done, NO groveling or begging, which was brill!

if you are invited to see the consultant or get a letter saying mr khans surgical clinic it generally means you have an appointment as they already make the decission before hand as to whether you qualify. I was told by dr h that the appointments are normally to disscuss which op is right for you and if you have any questions and if you want to proceed on to the waiting list and for them to apply for funding.

:)oh brill,thats wot im getting geared up for all the beggin i might even lick his shoes clean!!:)LOL,did u just recieve a letter through the post after then?xx

No I did'nt, you know before you leave that appointment if they are going to apply for funding for you, then it took a while and I then had a letter saying i'd got funding for open not laproscopic, if i wanted the latter it would delay me and I still would not get funded for it anyway. so I had to ring Mr H to accept the offer to then be put on the list. Then you wait for your pre op appointments. The whole process from seeing Mr H to my op date in feb has taken 6mths.

Yes

Hi Sarahj
On September 21st I was told by Dr Hartland at my first visit, that they would carry out a Gastric Bypass and I can expect the operation to take place around the first half of January 2009.

The young lady in front of me in the queue, was also told by the same doctor that they would do a Gastric Band operation for her, it was her first visit as well.

I understand that the team then discuss it with Mr Khan and the others and afterwards, assuming they're all happy, they apply for funding from your local County Council.

In my case it was Staffordshire C.C. and the funding was agreed,I believe pretty quickly by some councils time scales.because my next appointment was November 14th, which was for all the physical tests, form filling out and signatures required,

Then on December 2nd I met the Anaesthetist, Dr Youseff, and 2 days later I got my date of 17th January, so Dr Hartland was bang on with his estimate at the first meeting.

Hope this is helpful.

Last edited:
Hi Sarahj
On September 21st I was told by Dr Hartland at my first visit, that they would carry out a Gastric Bypass and I can expect the operation to take place around the first half of January 2009.

The young lady in front of me in the queue, was also told by the same doctor that they would do a Gastric Band operation for her, it was her first visit as well.

I understand that the team then discuss it with Mr Khan and the others and afterwards, assuming they're all happy, they apply for funding from your local County Council.

In my case it was Staffordshire C.C. and the funding was agreed,I believe pretty quickly by some councils time scales.because my next appointment was November 14th, which was for all the physical tests, form filling out and signatures required,

Then on December 2nd I met the Anaesthetist, Dr Youseff, and 2 days later I got my date of 19th January, so Dr Hartland was bang on with his estimate at the first meeting.

Hope this is helpful.
Yes he was with me too, he said it was a 6mth waiting list.

:)Hello everybody just an update to let u know that i am goin to see mr.khan on the 19th of this month! Cant wait excited now but still alittle bit scared!:)

Well, I'm going great guns. Not. It seems Walsall Manor may not be behind with their paperwork after all; they just send it to the wrong PCT altogether.

I have just found out that my funding application went to the wrong PCT in December. It is now being sent to the correct person at the correct PCT.

:)Hello everybody just an update to let u know that i am goin to see mr.khan on the 19th of this month! Cant wait excited now but still alittle bit scared!:)

Congratulations Sarah. Have you had a letter from Walsall already? When did your GP refer you?

Last edited:
Typical NHS balls up then, on the plus side they have not forgotten you and your calls ot them have got them moving to locate it, and things will move ahead

Yeah, but in fairness to the lady who made the balls up (which she admitted was hers), she has now rectified her mistake and emailed all the relevant docs to the correct PCT and requested an email response.

If things go on at this rate I'll almost have confidence in the system :8855:

Great news Sarah. x

Yeah, but in fairness to the lady who made the balls up (which she admitted was hers), she has now rectified her mistake and emailed all the relevant docs to the correct PCT and requested an email response.

If things go on at this rate I'll almost have confidence in the system :8855:
Blumin eck, tut, people don't understand how the waiting is a killer, even without any other needless delays. I'm sorry to hear this Red and I hope you have some positive news soon, thinking of you chuck.x

Thanx waynetta only went to see gp last week and gotta see consultant next week!!Can,t believe it!!There must be a mistake somewhere!:confused:

wow sarah, im really impressed that youve had your referral letter already. Im definitely gonna have to get on phone again tomorrow to chase mine

Sarah please keep us updated, as i am too being referred to Walsall Manot

Rachael
xxx

Back