• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

regret bypass?

Congrats to you Mintball - I had Mr. Ammori so I am part of his fan club! Looking forward to January for you, it really is the best thing you can do for yourself.

Best wishes hun and the day will be here before you know it.

Nic:D

ah thanks,

its a strange position cos part of me doesn't wants PCT to reconsider funding cos it'll put me on a waiting list and i'm so close, but on ther other hand, the loans payments are gonna kill us so we'd have to go the NHS route

I should just be grateful things are moving

there was never a doubt for me, i had a couple of consultations but I'm going with Mr Ammori at Spire hospital in Manchester.

When i go under that anaesthetic, i can go under knowing i'm in the best hands and with a surgeon that cares too.

I'd given up on getting funding and rang Mr Ammori's sec to say i want to book a date and go private, to which she replied well we'll book this date and that will give the PCT chance to get the letter etc.

I felt bad and said, oh i didn't go ahead with the appeal therefore didn't send in any further letters, it was just taking too much out of me emotionally so i'm gonna go private to save my sanity.

I know she said, you didn't write a letter, Mr Ammori wrote a 3 page letter to the PCT outlining why he believes i should get funding!!!!!!

I didn't know a thing about it, i mean what does it matter to him weather its private or NHS ( its possibly better for him that i go private) - he did this on his own accord and i'd only met him once!

Probably not the textbook way to chose a surgeon but as i mentioned earlier the best feeling for a patient is that i feel they care as much as i do, and thats golddust x x x

AWWWW what a sweetie he is! I am having him but at the Alex. xx

If my recovery is anything to go by you are going to be in fantastic hands.
follow his guidelines and you will be fine.
HC

Hi i don't regret my decision at all. my health has improved, i am happier and alot more confident. i don't feel i am missing out on anything socially i still manage to go out and instead of over indulging i have a little bit of what i fancy. it really is the best thing i ever did x

Whilst i dont regret my by-pass it hasnt been everything i had hoped for. Its not an easy journey and now at 7 months post op my weightloss is VERY slow, some weeks i dont loose at all. Hence Im going to try and follow the cambridge plan to kick start my wl again.

Good luck everyone!

Emma
x

thanks for the posts ladies and i hope things work out for you Emma.

Just a quick hospital question from me....should i take PJ's or nighty into hospital?

Just a quick hospital question from me....should i take PJ's or nighty into hospital?

Thanks Mintball x

I would def take nighty's as you may have to have a catheta (sp?) I know i did but it does depend on your surgeon. Wearing a nightdress just made things a lot easier.

Good luck, i wish you every success!

Emma
x

thanks emma, whilst your on i don't suppose you can help, i've created a ticker but i don't know which bit to go on on this site to add it to bottom of my messages

i've created ticker copied it but when i click to paste it on, my right click doesn't give me the option to paste...so confused.

Don't worry about it, thanks anyway

i've created ticker copied it but when i click to paste it on, my right click doesn't give me the option to paste...so confused.

Don't worry about it, thanks anyway

Highlight the text and use control and c and then control v to paste it into your signature box.

hey that worked, you're a superstar!!!!

I took PJ's, you come back from theatre in a gown and as soon as they unhook you from the machines you can go get your pj's on....xx

Cannot comment from the side of having the surgery done but can comment on my mindset going into it!

I loved - I mean LOVED - smoking but gave that up a year ago, I am so relieved that I do not have that controlling me now and that I smell better! I do have cravings from time to time but WILL NOT succumb!

Eating is something else that I love but I do not love being as I am - I want to be healthy and not to have food controlling me. At 38, I have worked out that this is not something I can do alone. I am at my largest now with all the dieting, losing stones and then putting on double when an event hijacks the diet.

Regret? I cannot imagine that I will regret life - and that is exactly how it is, the choice isn't very low fat spread or butter? It is life or death.... Simple!

Come on Josafe - this is a support forum not a court of judgement! There are no points given for how the weight is lost just mutual cheering of each other at the increasing happiness!

Lxx

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that posted here.
It's reassured me. I'm still scared but feel it's not so much the right decision, but the only one!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say that opting for the sugical route is the hardest decision I have ever made.
I know that it is a lifestyle change.
I am scared that I will feel guilty for not being able to eat a full portion when out for dinner with my hubby.
Scared that I wont be able to 'have a break from it' unlike conventional dieting.
Scared that it will affect my social life which revolves around eating & drinking.
Scared of the post op period in case I mess up.
Unsure of how I will react to people who 'diss' this route as an 'easy option'.
Worried about how I am going to afford to replace my wardrobe (but looking forward to that bit too).
BUT................................................
I also know that I need help to sustain the weight loss. I can lose weight, I have done it sooooo many times, but I can't sustain it!
I gave up smoking - 20 years ago at least, that was in easy in comparison to dieting! You have to eat, its what you choose to put in there that makes the difference!

I thank God that my GP listened to me (the person who knows best what will work for her - the expert patient) and that my family are supporting me, because if they hadn't, I dont know where I would've turned and what I would've done.

Enough!! I can't be this big any more - I need my life back and this is my chosen tool to get it back.

I have a provisional date of 10th June at Walsall, so , new life here I come!

Believe me Kazzie I have a great social life I eat out even if its just a starter and I have had a few drinks (non fizzy) and people that diss it ignore them Its your life not theres and once the pain and discomfort goes away you will be back to normal apart from small portions lol

shell, your bmi is 24, ur not overweight any longer:D:D xx

Back