• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Run Fat ***** Run

Snow White

I have bought a book with the above title with the intention of learning to run. I would highly recommend it. It's been amazing. Twice this week I have moved from the baby steps to a proper jog. Does anyone else run/jog/power walk. I am sore. But, the feeling I have when I finish my circuit is nothing short of exhilarating.

ROFL Love that title. No I am not a runner, by boobs could not take it. I love cycling though. Sounds like a fun book, might check it out :)

Bella'sBand said:
ROFL Love that title. No I am not a runner, by boobs could not take it. I love cycling though. Sounds like a fun book, might check it out :)

It's a great read and the principles are probably the same. I can't recommend it enough.

Thx a million. I've just started running. Weird coz I just had overwhelming desires to jut run down the iAd. Not ran since 1987 LOL it's a great supplement to my swimming. Just bought new trainers & disappointed that dudn't get a phone call from Team GB as I was available.
Gonna check out that book now. ;-)

I have begun jogging 25 minutes, fast walking 30 minutes on the treadmill- its helping me reach my goal. I try to add swimming or afterburn exercises whenever I can fit it in. I'm going to look for that book on amazon :)

I have bought a book with the above title with the intention of learning to run. I would highly recommend it. It's been amazing. Twice this week I have moved from the baby steps to a proper jog. Does anyone else run/jog/power walk. I am sore. But, the feeling I have when I finish my circuit is nothing short of exhilarating.

Yes I was jogging for 3 or 4 weeks but just before school finished for summer my knee started to hurt and the doc has told me just to walk and other exercises where i am not pounding on my knee, so i have gone back to the gym and pilates exercises, lots of walking, so just getting on with thaqt had just got into the jogging lark but heh what the hell you have to do whats best for your body. xx:p

Feeling very virtuous just came back from 30 minutes walk.

Well done! I am doing a circuit around my neighbourhood that's about 3 miles. It's taking me about 45 minutes. Following the plan. Starting with walking warm up and working up to a slow jog. It's amazing. First time in my life I feel like it's possible. Lol. However, did discover the purpose of the bum bag today. Lol. A back pack is too much.

chrisa said:
Yes I was jogging for 3 or 4 weeks but just before school finished for summer my knee started to hurt and the doc has told me just to walk and other exercises where i am not pounding on my knee, so i have gone back to the gym and pilates exercises, lots of walking, so just getting on with thaqt had just got into the jogging lark but heh what the hell you have to do whats best for your body. xx:p

The book talks about dealing with injuries and setbacks. Invaluable resource in my opinion xxxc

good for you :)
i have started cycling to work , its about 3 miles each way , only done it twice & really have to make myself get up earlier :sigh: but its good for me & saves petrol money

pandora said:
good for you :)
i have started cycling to work , its about 3 miles each way , only done it twice & really have to make myself get up earlier :sigh: but its good for me & saves petrol money

Well done! I would love to incorporate biking at work. But, I'm a health visitor and we are required to use cars.

I'm very interested in this plan. Although love my swimming & water workouts. It really takes time, planning then having wash swimming stuff afterwards so not the most convenient. This walking running thing appeals as I can do it anytime to fit in. My challenge will be discipline & motivation as time goes on. I'm going to give it a try so thx for thread.

Oooh that book sounds brilliant, I'm going to look on amazon now for it!
I have kind of committed myself to running the Manchester marathon in 2014, so I really need to get some sort of training routine going once I've had my op and lost a bit of weight.
Em xxxx

Oooh that book sounds brilliant, I'm going to look on amazon now for it!
I have kind of committed myself to running the Manchester marathon in 2014, so I really need to get some sort of training routine going once I've had my op and lost a bit of weight.
Em xxxx

That's some committment there!! Good on yer. Just go for it.

Good on ya evenstarr! I would like to say the same but I just can't see myself running! Xxx

You will, you will once you've had your op & started loosing.

My goal for long term is London marathon. But, I signed up for moonwalk 2013. Yikes. The book some available on kindle as well. She is also doing a special marathon prep book out soon. She has a great Page on that which is not allowed to be named and a great blog.

Back