• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Salford Royal :) here I go

Wow after quite a while I feel like my journey has started.

Saw the wonderful Dr Ahmed today for my psychiatric assessment. I prepared like for an exam!

He was wonderful completely put me at ease and talked me through everything.

One stop on 30th June 2016. So excited! :)

Congrats ! Nearly there , won't be long now !

Thank you. Just had to share it feels like after years we are almost there. That's where the hard work starts, although I think starting on this journey makes you start to think about yourself.

Thanks everyone.

I am having bypass. The chap I saw were great. It's been a struggle I have been referred to 4 hospitals before Salford because of where I live.

I go meet the team on 30th June. The DR yesterday said my names on the list for the surgery date and I've read in a few posts that they for you your date at Preop possibly so very excited.

Wow after quite a while I feel like my journey has started.

Saw the wonderful Dr Ahmed today for my psychiatric assessment. I prepared like for an exam!

He was wonderful completely put me at ease and talked me through everything.

One stop on 30th June 2016. So excited! :)
Hi, I've just been approved for funding, how long is the average wait to appointments then surgery dates do you know? Just a guestimate would do lol xx

My wait was only 4 months to first appointment but it was a multi team for approval from surgeon, dietician, psychiatrist etc. After that appointment I had my operation 10 weeks later . Every county is different though, but I found mine really moved along quickly. Hope this helps.x

Hi Erin got this one answered. I would call then if you haven't heard in 12 weeks. I had a bit of a nightmare with things going missing between hospitals. Once the put a face to the name they great.

Erin, did they tell you at your meeting the date for surgery?

They told me the ball park so they did say end of April, I called a week later as I hadn't heard and explained because of my job I needed to know and she said if its on the system she would tell me anyway. She then got back to me in like 1 min to say ive been pencilled in for 25th april if that was acceptable. So I never got the excited phone call to say it was all done and was booked in, but I only had to wait 7 days.

They told me the ball park so they did say end of April, I called a week later as I hadn't heard and explained because of my job I needed to know and she said if its on the system she would tell me anyway. She then got back to me in like 1 min to say ive been pencilled in for 25th april if that was acceptable. So I never got the excited phone call to say it was all done and was booked in, but I only had to wait 7 days.
Thank you. I'm so excited:)
Hope your journey is going well

I'm doing good few minor setbacks but getting back on track. I was meant to start on mashable food on Monday but I had cheated on started with baked potato, which has been ok is like a half , but I don't seem to be able to manage sweet potato, and tuna is a no go but can do chopped up prawns in sauce or salmon in sauce . So far things I loved I cant eat anymore are tuna , sweet potato, refried beans, avocado. So there still isn't much choice at the moment and am much preferring fish to having to blitz chicken in sauce. Back to work hopefully soon. Good luck to you.

I'm doing good few minor setbacks but getting back on track. I was meant to start on mashable food on Monday but I had cheated on started with baked potato, which has been ok is like a half , but I don't seem to be able to manage sweet potato, and tuna is a no go but can do chopped up prawns in sauce or salmon in sauce . So far things I loved I cant eat anymore are tuna , sweet potato, refried beans, avocado. So there still isn't much choice at the moment and am much preferring fish to having to blitz chicken in sauce. Back to work hopefully soon. Good luck to you.

I am sorry you having tough time. It can't be easy trying to rediscover food.

I guess it's listening to your body. It's interesting listening to people like you who are going through it so we know what to expect

Back