• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Salford Royal One Stop Clinic

Alex1977

Hi all not been on for a couple of weeks the usual shopping, wrapping, decorations and taking care of 2 sick babies (one being my husband with man flu lol!). Ive got my One stop clinic appointment in two weeks! yayy! i was wondering if anyone has had this appointment in the last few weeks and what is your progress towards surgery? (have you a date yet or do you need to see psychologist still) Ive been reading through past clinic responses dating back to early 2009 and things seemed to change over 2 years and was wondering what happens after the appointment. I was going to ring the secretary but not got round to it yet.

I wish everyone on here a very merry christmas and happy 2011 for everyone. xxxxx

Hi there,
Well I had my one stop appointment back in June.
You have to see a dietician&nurse,and this talk will be with other patients and they will go through the operation and eating after surgery.
I also seen my consultant(dr new) and he told me I must have an psychiatrist evaluation with Carly,and lastly a dr hamza,who goes through the actual operation etc.
After this one stop clinic I got my appointment with the psychiatrist(be aware there's normally a long waiting list)they gave a me a guide line of over 3 months,but I kept ringing to get in,so managed to get it sooner.
And on the same day Carly rang to have me put on the waiting list for surgery as she agreed I was in good state of mind for having this operation.
After this....... Well my surgery date was given to me...the 20th sept one of the best days of my life!
And here I am,life has never been better I'm 4 stone less,loving my new found health and energy
Hope this helps and good luck x

My experience was very similar to Emma Louise... but I stayed overnight for the sleep apnoea test and had all the pre op bloods, discussion, MRSA check all done at this time because I'm an out of area patient to Salford. It worked out as well as could be expected and I was happy with the support given. The one stop clinic can be a long day... be sure to take a snack and drink and be prepared for a long wait... take something to read... on this day... for me it was 7pm when we left the hospital, but it had been a busy day with a medical emergency, it's not always like that.

All the very best and take good care.

Love and hugs xxx

thanks for the replies just what i wanted to know :) and well done on the weight loss i cannot wait to start my journey im so excited and its great with everyone on here for support its like one big family as we are all going through similar emotions and experiences. My appointments at 1.45 in the afternoon so i guess ill be passing my daughter over to Granny to watch for the day lol. I am going to be cheeky and ring up monday i think and ask to see if they can book my appointment now so im not waiting another 3 months to add to the 6 months wasted when my forms were "mislaid" (still in my hospital file unsent)and only got my funding in september and should have been in march. It may not work but hey ho i'll give it a shot. xx

Alex, phone PALS at Hope hospital. My file went "missing" and I was lost in the system for a couple of months and I spoke to a woman from PALS and she looked into it for me. I got a formal apology from the Hospital Trust and she got me a psychology appointment sooner. I think it must have been a cancellation as I was told the waiting list for psychology was about 3 months. Its got to be worth a try :D Good Luck XX

Thanks for that dotty chic. Well im going to ring Gill, Dr Ammoris secretary tomorrow and find out whats going on as the one stop appointment i had has left me slightly baffled. After seeing 8 people on the day i cant remember who half of them where. There was a mention off dr new about possibly seeing the Psychologist he was my 3rd person on the day. I then went into another Dr who said he was happy to send me to Pre Op and had to go through bloods breathing ecg and bloodpressure and then saw this American lady (cant remember who she was either -oops) in Pre op and she said she was going to put me on the waiting list and should be done within 12 weeks?? So as you can see im slightly confused lol which doesnt take an awful lot these days. After reading through a lot of those previous oppers to me it seemed a slightly different way of doing pre op appointments? xx

Hmm no wonder you are a bit confused. When I went for my one stop I saw Dr New aswell, he is lovely. As far as I know (it what I was told so not sure if its changed) everyone has to see the psychologist and thats the last thing before they put you on the list. Gill will deffinately be able to tell you better :D She will know if you are on the list or waiting for a psych appointment. Good Luck and let us know how you get on :D XX

when i spoke to gill after my one stop clinic appt, she said that the doctors are on a different planet, and dont really understand the waiting list and how long it can actually be, they dont really have any interest in waiting lists, appts etc, their minds are just on the surgical side of it. gill is the best one to talk to, shes great.

Gill, was very helpful in keeping me informed on how I was going regarding the wait times.
Soon as I was passed by the psychiatrist I rang gill and I was given a date for my operation,I had my operation with miss formela who works with dr ammori.
Hope you get things sorted soon it's stressful and confusing at times alex
Take care x

Back