• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sam's Musings

I agree TiaLi! Off to solicitor on Tuesday to make a start on medical negligence claim if they think they can make a case based on psychological distress. No physical problems with knee which is actually working very well and they reckon it is unlikely there will be, but it cannot be ruled out.

Interesting observation about when you have been bad. Can't say i have noticed it before. I have two theories... Because my knee is a lot better I am moving better, so therefore burning more calories, even though I am not doing the walking I was pre-op yet. Or, as whatever is in Twirl bars (and no other chocolate, even other Cadbury products does it) really keeps my anxiety in check - like a valium would, I am producing less cortisol which can make you gain weight.
How interesting

To clarify: I don't mean it's good to splurge on bad stuff, I have just noticed that when I consistently hovered around 600-800 cals a day things were a lot more sluggish than when I stopped counting obsessively and had days when the calorie intake went up to say 1200-1500 here and there. I don't think that's necessarily consistent for everyone, we are all different - but I think my body has a tendency to go into starvation mode and cling onto energy deposits after a while.

It is, of course, however entirely possible that the timing with the accelerated weight loss was purely coincidental though.

Another gain this morning which is not surprising given how much chocolate i have eaten this week! it hasn't been a good one for so many reasons. :( Seeing the dietitian on Wednesday for check up. What joy, a trip to Leeds a couple of days before Christmas!!

Blood pressure all over the place at the moment since knee op as the pain killers Narproxen made it very high so we have been playing around with BP meds and it keeps fluctuating. Sleep Apnoea still a problem as CPAP machine no longer doing its job because the mask is too big and it is the smallest. Supposedly it should have righted itself by now I have got to this weight. Anyone else still have sleep apnoea at 16 stone?

Mental health not at all good. The system isn't helping :mad:. A mix of 2 year waiting lists and problems of being able to get an assessment for something.

Signed the papers to start my medical negligence claim on my knee this week.

The icing on the cake is I have woken up to boiler not working and minus 2 outside - have just been told by landlord to go back to bed with a hot water bottle!!!! They know there is a fault on it and they were supposed to get it fixed.:mad::mad::mad:

Oh hunny I feel for you-you are going through so so much-hugs zxx

Another gain this morning which is not surprising given how much chocolate i have eaten this week! it hasn't been a good one for so many reasons. :( Seeing the dietitian on Wednesday for check up. What joy, a trip to Leeds a couple of days before Christmas!!

Blood pressure all over the place at the moment since knee op as the pain killers Narproxen made it very high so we have been playing around with BP meds and it keeps fluctuating. Sleep Apnoea still a problem as CPAP machine no longer doing its job because the mask is too big and it is the smallest. Supposedly it should have righted itself by now I have got to this weight. Anyone else still have sleep apnoea at 16 stone?

Mental health not at all good. The system isn't helping :mad:. A mix of 2 year waiting lists and problems of being able to get an assessment for something.

The icing on the cake is I have woken up to boiler not working and minus 2 outside - have just been told by landlord to go back to bed with a hot water bottle!!!! They know there is a fault on it and they were supposed to get it fixed.:mad::mad::mad:
:rant:

It is....but we have to battle on....at least that's what I am telling myself. HUGs xxx

Aw Sam so sorry to hear your having a really rough ride at the moment, hope the boiler is sorted soon as it is so cold, I can imagine what you wanted to do with a hot water bottle when you were told that by your landlord, try to keep some positive thoughts, thinking of you with cyber hugs xxx

My first ever positive appointment with the dietitian today. We were in a different clinic which helped as it was quiet and I got seem 30 minutes early so both of us were less stressed!

I have gained 2kg since I last saw her in August (a similar 2kg but not the same 2kg I put on in the past two weeks after losing what I had put on and more since knee op ) but told her weight had been up and down since knee op. She was very chilled about it. Wanted to check my diet for dairy to make sure I was getting enough calcium as I cannot take the supplements. Told her I had been mainlining on chocolate due to stressful time of year but was happy that I was hoping to get back on track once Christmas is over.

I didn’t tell her I had eaten two Greggs sausage rolls on my way there!

Useful conversation about other referrals and liaison psychiatry and some helpful advice.

Bloods taken so await results and I got to choose to not see her again until April.

On a less fun note I am back on crutches as knee is playing up due to too much walking unaided.

Aww hunny glad you had a good dietation appointment. I am sorry about your knee xxx

A 3lb gain over Christmas and NY. I can live with that as I ate anything that was on offer as there was mountains of food available 24/7 and depriving myself of what my friends were eating would not have been conducive to improving the low mood i had been experiencing in December. Feeling motivated to get back to normal eating this week now I am at home and all goodies have now gone.

My other goal is to try and maintain the lift in mood I have experienced from being away.

I love Christmas but my mood makes it really hard as well.
But back to work tomorrow so routine is good. Less time to think

Well the motivation to get back to normal eating habits has gone out of the window already! Mood has dropped already not helped by heavy therapy and the start of a cold. . Have been to Tesco this afternoon to buy cat food (did a healthy food shop yesterday ok at M&S with some vouchers) and came out with Baileys and chocolate too.

Hoping something can make a more long lasting mood change soon!!

Hugs hunny xxx

Well the motivation to get back to normal eating habits has gone out of the window already! Mood has dropped already not helped by heavy therapy and the start of a cold. . Have been to Tesco this afternoon to buy cat food (did a healthy food shop yesterday ok at M&S with some vouchers) and came out with Baileys and chocolate too.

Hoping something can make a more long lasting mood change soon!!

One day at a time.
When these moods hit we just need to try & keep our heads just above the water line.
Hope low this time passes sooner rather than later.
You seem to have made friends on this site. Use them no one needs to suffer in slience.
Thinking of you x

One day at a time.
When these moods hit we just need to try & keep our heads just above the water line.
Hope low this time passes sooner rather than later.
You seem to have made friends on this site. Use them no one needs to suffer in slience.
Thinking of you x
Thanks Emma. I know it will pass but this time of year makes it harder. My exercise plans are on hold again (first there was the knee and now the cold - not going near the swimming pool as planned this week until it has gone as it isn't the warmest pool) and i know they are the answer to both the mood and the weight. I also need to get back into a routine. Feeling very tired after fun and frolics last week.

Well pleased to say i am back to pre-Christmas weight. :) Managed one hydro session and a two mile walk. Have been hitting the protein hard and managed to avoid any non-complex carbs this week. Only succumbed to chocolate twice - the second after two tooth extractions where the injections make me high and then I crash but am left very agitated due to the adrenaline in them :( . Would have gone to aqua aerobics yesterday but not allowed to exercise for 24 hours after. The chest infection has virtually gone thank goodness!

My mouth is pretty sore so can only eat soft food...

Was given a Waitrose voucher for Christmas so off later to go and buy some posh food.

One of my cats has also developed a psychogenic eating disorder - he has always been a greedy cat as he was a rescue who had gone hungry as a kitten, but at the moment he will only eat the jelly and not the meat and has become very demanding about food. Cat's equivalent of chocolate!! :D Need to do some behaviour therapy on him.

Hopefully next week will fully get back into a routine that produces results for both me and the cats.

Aww well done on getting back to pre christmas weigh in less than 2 weeks in ny hunny.

Aw poor cat :(

Xxx

The pluses - 2 hydro sessions and a two mile walk. Had my photo taken next to someone who is bigger than me (that's a first) and someone commented on how slim i looked

The minuses - night in a posh hotel with a meal that included a lot of sauces plus chips and banoffie pie and ice cream followed by a conference with a lavish buffet lunch and lattes with syrup.

Equals = 2lb gain.

At least i can now eat/chew again after dental infection. Was getting fed up with mush and was feeling more deprived than usual!

Back