• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Self-sabotage

zarafa

I've had a turbulent couple of weeks where i've found that my bypass actually doesn't sort out my main problems..I've binged and dumped and on one night was fully convinced I was going to die..I was shaking, in pain, doubled over the toilet seat but unable to vomit.
I have a psych consult coming up, and I'm hoping she'll be able to help me through my issues. I don't know what my point was in posting..except maybe to inform you pre-oppers, when you're given a psych consult and a chance to work through your issues pre-op, take it. You may feel lighter, wear smaller sizes, be relatively happier, but any head issues will only be magnified after.

wow done for posting, but you know we are all here for u if you want to shout for joy, but also and more so, here for you if you are struggling and need support.

Don't do this journey on your own, you have loads of friends online :)

Ditto what Gary said, honey ... use us as your support & hopefully tou will resolve your issues soon ... life ain't easy is it :( xxx

Hope you get the help you need hun ((((((hug)))))

Ditto with the above hun. I also thinks it takes guts to post when you feel you have gone offf the rails a little. It shows strength and resolve to fix the issues and also that you are not hiding from them. So well done you xx

I've had a turbulent couple of weeks where i've found that my bypass actually doesn't sort out my main problems..I've binged and dumped and on one night was fully convinced I was going to die..I was shaking, in pain, doubled over the toilet seat but unable to vomit.
I have a psych consult coming up, and I'm hoping she'll be able to help me through my issues. I don't know what my point was in posting..except maybe to inform you pre-oppers, when you're given a psych consult and a chance to work through your issues pre-op, take it. You may feel lighter, wear smaller sizes, be relatively happier, but any head issues will only be magnified after.

This is such a brave post I take my hat off to you, well I would if I didn't have a pea head that looks stupid in every hat I've ever tried :) but you get my drift

You often read how WLS fixes your guts (Though even that is a huge exaggeration) but doesn't fix your head, and that is so true. The psych evaluation in the UK is frankly a joke, and far too many people muddle through it only to wake up and find they cannot cope with the post op regime or go on to fail miserably because over eating was a symptom of other dramatic issues in their lives that won't be fixed with a scalpel and smaller guts.

WLS is not the answer to every woe in our lives and for some losing their access to the foods they like in the quantities they want just compounds matters and makes their lives much worse instead of better. GPs sometimes throw patients into the lion's den that is surgery without first helping us with our psychological problems that result in obesity and that's just wrong long term. How often though is it the fault of the patient who is reticent at talking about the reasons they eat huge quantities rather than seeing the gold at the end of the surgical rainbow?

It sounds like you know you need help and, you are going to get the professional help you need and that is a huge step to take and I admire you for it. There is little real help or support anyone here can give, (Some here see support as just telling everyone everything will be all right and that's crap) but if there is anything the forum can do then just let us know.

Good luck with this and keep us informed about how you're doing.

well zarafa your not alone i have had a s*** week i eat a little then dump the only day that was good was Thursday i lust feel like poo

Back