• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Seperate areas for types of surgery.

Would you like to see seperate areas specific to the type of surgery?

• Yes Please!

Votes: 60 88.2%
  • No thanks!

Votes: 8 11.8%
  • Ive got a better idea....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In actual fact, this is the most banders we have ever had on posting regularly at any one time and we are all posting in the entire forum a lot more as a result.

As a newbie I think it would be an excellent idea to have separate areas. It would be easier to jump right on in there and become part of the community.

I would also like to see the Walsall massive group brought back to the main section as it is quite hard to find and hard to explain to newbies that you meet where to go :) and there should be a section in the meetings for the massive meetings aswell :)

I would hope the larger threads that we are all used to and look for will still be there, I'm sure they will be, just a mammoth task... but the forum is seeming to be becoming unmanageable with so many topic areas and new peeps... It's hard to keep pace... particularly at my age... I tend to reach for the threads that I use the most these days and it's a shame. I normally like to 'spread myself around a bit'...

Love and hugs all Angels xxx

To be honest the dividing and segregation has happened all ready you only need to see all the threads BUT I'm not on here much so it doesn't really affect me good luck to guys!! It's good for a change right?!? X

I agree Bev x

I think they should be separated BUT keep a new thread/ new response button like there us now to keep everyone together then you can still post in your surgery area but this allows everyone to see ALL new posts in one place otherwise it will split the forum and the advice and support given will reduce greatly.
I can also help as a mod if needed x. Good luck trying to sort it out

That is reflecting my thoughts today Andrea, and it's a shame... it's always been an 'all embracing' forum and it's been a sanctuary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-7qCG2_aaA

Love and hugs to everyone xxx

It's up to us to continue posting as always, things are in the process of being tweaked and it's as negative or positive as we make it.
No-one has changed, everyone is still here wanting to lose weight. So I don't see what's stopping everyone from just carrying on and posting?
I think there are more important and serious things in life to worry about as it is.
When the sections are done it will not take long to get used to and the admin team will try and take on any suggestions to make life easier.
I have already suggested putting the bypass and sleever areas at the top because those are the most common surgeries people have.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to bullet point all the areas you feel concerned about and send it to the mods?

I agree with Kelly and feel the divide has already happened, mores the shame though. I have made some really good friends on here and shall continue to check them out but im not going to be on here as much from now on. All the best to everyone. xxx

I would not want to see you moving on Andrea, your contribution has always been consistent, valued and goes across the board, it would be a shame to see less of you Angel.

Love and hugs always xxx

Hi Sam, I'm fairly new to the site, and believe me I found it really confusing to start with, having been on other sites that have seperate areas, (but they are no where near as friendly as this one, this is the best site I have found).... So from a newbies point of view I personally think its a great idea, and I hope you are able to do it.:D

I think as long as all new posts are seen in 1 place there shouldnt be a problem with missing things and others people threads.

I dont generally go into specific areas I just use the click here to see all recent posts and I get to see what everyone says without having to navigate around the site, yet thing are still in specific areas for those wanting to research their particular surgery type.

We would love to embrace and give it a fair chance it's a great idea.

Innuendo's regarding 'bander bashing' are very hurtful when we have all worked so well together.

I've seen no evidence of this or I'd have been the first to press the button!

Bev xxx

What's with this Bander bashing?!?

I'd like to know exactly who is a 'bander basher' on the forum and for this to be sorted out once and for all.

I'm equally as hurt Neen. I've always tried to embrace everyone including the new forum layout, it's a brilliant idea.

I have had no end of emails from upset members in confidence and I feel I do need to speak out.

This should be sorted.

If there had been any 'bander bashing' I'd have been the first there. I've seen none of it Neen.

I haven't seen anything of this at all. I would say if anyone feels that has been said, first to contact whoever reportedly said it and ask them why and / or contact a mod on the issue.
Most of us banders would not say such things and I would like to think most people realise that.
Keeping on repeating the phrase is just stopping us from moving forward and concentrating on our weight loss goals together. That surely is the main aim

Well there's plenty of talk about 'bander bashing on your rant thread'... so if it's any of us then tell us because we are not liking being part of this forum right now the way it is....

Back