• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2014 Surgeries

Mrs Z

I'm glad there are a few of us still checking.

I tried prawns and was fine. Not tried pasta as I'm not a fan to be honest but I am really missing bread. Oh I am soooo missing bread. I'm leaving that as long as possible to reintroduce as it was my downfall - that and cheese.

I totally understand the 'split' thing. Even though I can see the weight is coming off. I still have a scary moment when I think 'is this it? Will it stop now and I won't lose any more?'. I have a daily log I have to complete online and it shows everything, even down to half a teaspoon taste of something and I can see the quantity varies from day to day. One day I think I'm eating too much and other days I have to remind myself I was told off for not eating enough.

Hope everyone is looking forward to a new winter wardrobe that won't be limited to the choice in just 'the fat shop'.

Llora

MrsZ, i am dreading this winter... Because all my warmer clothes are all too big now.. (Like winter coat and so..) and i just hate the idea of spending money on the things that wont fit me next winter anymore (well hopefully!!) ;) so i am really not excited at all!! Even now. I dress up in layers.. To keep warm but still to use the lighter more summery clothes that i still fit into.

Also i refused to buy new outfit for my husbands birthday lunch with his family last weekend.. So i ended up with black jeans and simple plain top (scruffy compared to others) ;) ;) but who cares?? :) i am saving the money for the clothes that i will need and will wear more than once! :)

Mrs Z

I'm just looking forward to picking something to wear based on the fact I like it rather than the usual routine:

What is in my size
Is it black
I'll take it.

Llora

Btw, i did try toast, pasta and rice. Tiny amounts (like 3 pieces of pasta.. or one teaspoon of rice and 1/4 of a slice of toast). Yes bread did taste devine.. Pasta wasnt as tasty as i remembered.. And rice was tasty (it was risotto so was packed with flavour) :)

Llora

I'm just looking forward to picking something to wear based on the fact I like it rather than the usual routine:

What is in my size
Is it black
I'll take it.

I had plenty of colourful things well tops mainly :) (yellow, coral, blue, pink, purple.. Just name it..) ;) i used to shop in evans for tops and marks (plus size section online) for trousers.

Still have not bought anything new yet (clothes). Just a few pairs of socks as i never used to need such things before the surgery! :) my feet were burning all the time :) trying to wear the old clothes i once grew out of... Hence yesterday i was wearing a bright lemon yellow top in the middle of the fall!! ;)

Curls40

Hello ladies, I'm doing ok, still not back to work, as my job is quite physical, anyone else still off?? five weeks post op tomorrow, three stone off in six weeks, I can squeeze into a size 18 dress now ,been buying bargains on eBay, that are in good condition. Have a wedding in December and a christening in November , so needed to find something. Can't get in. 18 bottoms though, ( hips and tummy, dam them). I can eat seeded wm bread toasted , haven't tried sandwhich . Tried super noodles , they got stuck in chest ,I was sick!,,,, Dying to try a apple ,but I should still be on soft foods, I do have a packet of wotists if I'm caving savoury, as these can be sucked , Got my six week check next week at hospital , want to start swimming soon but waiting till after my check up. Bit anxious about going back to work, I work in a big place , a lot of gossips and back stabbing go on, only about eight people know the truth, who I have trusted, they have informed me people asking questions about me, being noisy , not concerned, they will notice a big change you can see in my face straight away,', I don't feel the need to explain myself to people ,a lot of people don't understand .

Curls40

Sainsburys tu clothes have 25% off at the mo, so might nip down there to gave a few pairs of leggings!my jeggings are now a loose fit and are slowly getting half way up my body!,, haha
Does any suffer with a lot of tummy noises still, I do sounds like a have a monster in me gurgling , especially on hot drinks,

Curls40

Also been making homemade curries a least once a week , chicken dansak, really tasty and contains lentils, I can eat two tablespoons of rice mixed with three or four off curry, does this sound a lot?....

Llora

Also been making homemade curries a least once a week , chicken dansak, really tasty and contains lentils, I can eat two tablespoons of rice mixed with three or four off curry, does this sound a lot?....

Nope it does not! My dietitian said our portion shouldnt be bigger than muller light yoghurt pot (packed full). So what you said is even less than that. So defo not too much dont worry :)

Curls40

Thanks,
I haven't seen my dietitian since the day I left hospital , seeing her next week,
I use a bowl of a side dish, to put my meals on,

Llora

Sainsburys tu clothes have 25% off at the mo, so might nip down there to gave a few pairs of leggings!my jeggings are now a loose fit and are slowly getting half way up my body!,, haha
Does any suffer with a lot of tummy noises still, I do sounds like a have a monster in me gurgling , especially on hot drinks,

My jeggings look a bit like straight leg jeans now! ;) ;) :) but i have an issue. My legs and hips shrank a lot more than my stomach.. So to fit trousers nicely ony legs its 2 size smaller than it is comfy around the stomach area... Hope the stomach will catch up....

I do get ocasional noise.. But its not all the time and a lot less loud than i think it is as so far noone who were around me said they were able to hear the noises... :) (i asked for honest answer so hope they didnt lie!) ;)

Mrs Z

Mrs. Z ,how many weeks are you post op?... Will this last forever so embarrassing,

I was 6 weeks post op on Monday. It's gone so quickly. I'm on normal diet foods now. Had my post op check up and seen the nurse and the dietician. All of whom are happy with the loss etc.

The noise I'm told isn't as bad as I think. It could stay for months or stop overnight. One of those things that they just can't answer or put a timeframe on.

Mrs Z

Nope. It's my own business and I've decided I'm not going back until after Christmas. I'm enjoying the time off and I've never had a Christmas where I haven't had to work. I love the run up to Christmas and this year I'm going to really enjoy it.

jan52

I'm getting a vast amount of comedy sounds... Even when I lie down to sleep!... My poor little dog keeps looking at me very concerned!
I'm not managing to eat much at all really! 1/2 tin of soup, or 2 crackers and a laughing cow. I'm at my parents this week so cooking for then so I'm going to try a bit of veggie stew for tea tonight. I've had rice but only a teaspoon full with some curry. The only episode I've had was with a pice of seeded toast and mushroom patte which made a swift return.... I think it was just to heavy!... I will be 5 weeks post opp this Friday! Weight loss is slower than I hoped for, about 21 Lbs so far. I'm self employed so just doing what needs to be done, mainly paper work etc.

poppsicles

Hi all just thought I'd pop in im 6 months post op had a nightmare last few months as broke my leg b4 xmas ended up with a DVT and pulmonary embolism due to A&e not giving me deltaparin but I'm almost recovered now attending physio regularly and due to stop warfarin :) but with regards to weight loss im amazed how well ive done considering the above ive now lost 34 Kg since op 5stone 4lb best thing I ever did can only eat very small amounts still and there's not much I can't eat now really can't touch choc makes me sick and scrambled egg makes me queasy but other egg im fine with! Btw I was sleeved :)

kurstywursty

Hi all just thought I'd pop in im 6 months post op had a nightmare last few months as broke my leg b4 xmas ended up with a DVT and pulmonary embolism due to A&e not giving me deltaparin but I'm almost recovered now attending physio regularly and due to stop warfarin :) but with regards to weight loss im amazed how well ive done considering the above ive now lost 34 Kg since op 5stone 4lb best thing I ever did can only eat very small amounts still and there's not much I can't eat now really can't touch choc makes me sick and scrambled egg makes me queasy but other egg im fine with! Btw I was sleeved :)

You have done amazing babe. Dead proud of you xxx