• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2015 Surgeries

fluffyclouds

New to this thread but I had my sleeve on 18th September and yes, I'm struggling with the liquid stage too.
I'm not getting enough calories in but I'm running out of ideas and I'm just finding it hard to face yet more fluids.
Today I've had water, coffee, tea and veg soup. Will try and get a milkshake in later for the milk but it doesn't feel very healthy.
What are you all eating on the liquids stage??

traceyb79

I have been 'eating' tomato cup a soups, smooth yogurts, custard, tesco ultraslim powder shakes with semi skimmed milk. The plan was to have three shakes a day so that I knew I was getting all my vitamins but I can only really manage one. The milk makes me feel a bit sicky. Only on day 3 post op but really feel the need to chew

fluffyclouds

Funny how all the post op advice is so different. I'm not allowed custard, yoghurt or shakes until 2 weeks op, I'm hardly getting any nutritional value on anything. Can't wait till Friday then I can start purée.
Were you discharged in anything for sickness? I've been given cyclazine which was really helpful.
I did find that when I was dehydrated the nausea got worse. Are you drinking enough water?

fluffyclouds

Scouse spelling, giving my baby a bottle at same time as typing!

traceyb79

I don't get sick often it's only sometimes after the milkshake. I wasn't given anything to take home for it. What have you been told to eat?? It does amaze me as well how all the pre op and post op diets can vary

fluffyclouds

1 juice a day, milk, water, tea, coffee, nas squash, soup, bovril, oxo and bullion. That's it! 2 days to go, feel desperate for food tbh.

traceyb79

Good god that's not much to play with is it. No wonder you have had enough, two more days , at least the end is in sight. I am finding whatever stage I am on I just want to be on the next one. X

niccie

I had to do liquid for 4 weeks after my sleeve, it gets easier, have a plan and you can water Fage or Skyr. Down with milk to get protein in, drink a lot of milk and ready made chocolate slim fast is nice and adds lots of protein. Also put tin soup through a tea strainer and it takes out all the bits. Cross and Blackwell roast chicken soup has lots of protein. Look on my diary for menu plans tha t where approved by dietician.

Hayley1121

Hey all,
Just wondering how you all found the journey from hospital to home? I've been told by many to take a pillow for comfort from the seatbelt?? I have a 3 hour drive when I get discharged & I'm a little worried about it xx

traceyb79

Hi

I had an hour and a half journey and found it fine. My seatbelt didn't touch any of my wounds but you may be different. I had packed a towel in case I needed some padding but didn't need it in the end. I would take something just in case but you could always use a dressing gown/cardigan rolled up aswell I would have though x

Greencheeks

New to this thread but I had my sleeve on 18th September and yes, I'm struggling with the liquid stage too. I'm not getting enough calories in but I'm running out of ideas and I'm just finding it hard to face yet more fluids. Today I've had water, coffee, tea and veg soup. Will try and get a milkshake in later for the milk but it doesn't feel very healthy. What are you all eating on the liquids stage??

Glad to see you finally got your sleeve <3

I struggled with liquids and still do, try and have milk at least that way you get calories and nutrients in!

fluffyclouds

Glad to see you finally got your sleeve <3 I struggled with liquids and still do, try and have milk at least that way you get calories and nutrients in!

Thanks Greencheeks. Got there at last! start on puree Friday. Yay! How are you getting on?