• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

shall i ask 4 it ?

j.u.s.t.l.i.z.

Runs Srh Support Group
:) when they take my band out should i ask 4 it as a keeps sake ? for a memory of my 5 1/2 years of banding, even though ive had my ups & downs ive become to love being a bander, a new chapter will start soon when i join you bypassers, was just a silly thought going through my mind, just goes in the bin any way i think lol :eek:

when they take my band out should i ask 4 it as a keeps sake ?

I was allowed to keep my tonsils when they were removed, so I don't see why they wouldn't let you keep the band although you might want to remove the port and connecting tube.

If it was me, I'd put together a chart showing weight loss progress and get it mounted along with the band in a frame somewhere.

Regards, Ade.

Last edited:
I would want mine lol maybe Im a wierdo too :D I had 7 stitches in my buttock (being polite) a few weeks ago as a result of being in an experiment to try and help obese people in the future. When the stitches started to come out I couldnt wait to see em lol. When a really long one came out I saved it to show my daughter, for some reason she wasnt impressed.........ungrateful mare :D x

Yeah keep it Liz, it'll stay fresh soaked in fizzy pop..
Oops sorry, no sugar coated comments from Ade please!

P.S just to get it in - i'm going on a hen do on saturday and cant wait for my fizzy drinks with ice, i'm 9 months out and bought my band with my own money!!

P.P.S Always consult your WLS service provider before consuming carbonated drinks - as Liz always advisers.

I'm not sure how I feel about the future of weight loss being buttock-related. Are you allowed to elaborate as to what it was you were testing?

hehe why not, defo wash it first though. I've kept all my childrens baby stuff e.g belly button things and stuff same thing xxx

Im not sure of the exact details of the tests. They take loads of blood samples and if you let them they do a biopsy to get some cells. A lot of people wont have the biopsy though as its pretty invasive and they want me to have them re-done 9 months after bypass. They say there are changes in the cells that cant be explained just by the bypass and they want to find out what happens. Sorry I cant be more helpful, I just thought if it helped poeple in the future not to suffer with obesity like we all have I would give it a go. X

I was allowed to keep my tonsils when they were removed, so I don't see why they wouldn't let you keep the band although you might want to remove the port and connecting tube.

If it was me, I'd put together a chart showing weight loss progress and get it mounted along with the band in a frame somewhere.

Regards, Ade.

dont talk me Ade i dont like u:mad:

I was going to ask to keep the excess fat, but we just don't have the room!! Lol xx

LOL @ u lot taking the P at my expense :D :girlpower:

Back