• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

shall i ask 4 it ?

Hi Liz, if you have a spare bit of band I have a nice recipe to use it in! xx

mmmm bandy cake nom nom nom x

I never thought about asking for mine until after the op :rolleyes:

you payed for it hun its officially yours lol, oh well never mind eh, this lot think im mad any way, i dont mind as long as its entertaing people hehe :D

how you feeling any way has the pains subsided now its out ~?

you payed for it hun its officially yours lol, oh well never mind eh, this lot think im mad any way, i dont mind as long as its entertaing people hehe :D

how you feeling any way has the pains subsided now its out ~?

I went back to work on Wednesday and although I've not done anything too strenuous I've felt really poorly today :( have a huge stitch pain in my left side and feeling really woozy...perhaps should have had a little longer off :rolleyes:

food wise, nothing is taking my fancy and I'm trying extra hard to be good by still eating small portions.

how long do they take before sending us for a follow up appointment Liz? xx

I went back to work on Wednesday and although I've not done anything too strenuous I've felt really poorly today :( have a huge stitch pain in my left side and feeling really woozy...perhaps should have had a little longer off :rolleyes:

food wise, nothing is taking my fancy and I'm trying extra hard to be good by still eating small portions.

how long do they take before sending us for a follow up appointment Liz? xx

im not sure after a full removal when the review appointemnt will be, id ring kim and ask as it will be most likley her that you would see, she says if shes not too busy then she would most likley be attending the next support group on the 29th so if you come along you could have a chat to her then, the pain in the side maybe just the nerves settleing down after the removal, the feeling woozy maybe from you not eating enough, try and take things a little easier, ring kim any way and explain the symptoms, she may be able to get you in clinic a little earlier with you feeling the way you do x

hi liz, for some reason ive had to use my old user name as i cant get on with my inked_up account, anyway i hope you remember me, i would say ask them for the band lol!
i just wanted to ask you, if you dont mind, you look so slim in your pictures on your siggy, but your getting a bypass.... did you put the weight back on after your band stopped working?
ive had mine 7 years now and still nothing but trouble lol xxx

Hiya, of course i remember you, this is my 2nd band as you know, the plastic surgeon damaged my band on dec 1st last year then my restriction just disapeared, between then and now i regained 3 st but im still 5 st lighter than when i started this process, i says to the surgeon ive had 2bands now both needing replaced at some point please just finalise this for me with a bypass, they said Liz thats fine im currently on the waiting list of 26 weeks so i will be bypassed on or around November 10th, they will do a full band removal and straight to a bypass with in the same op x

im not sure after a full removal when the review appointemnt will be, id ring kim and ask as it will be most likley her that you would see, she says if shes not too busy then she would most likley be attending the next support group on the 29th so if you come along you could have a chat to her then, the pain in the side maybe just the nerves settleing down after the removal, the feeling woozy maybe from you not eating enough, try and take things a little easier, ring kim any way and explain the symptoms, she may be able to get you in clinic a little earlier with you feeling the way you do x

thanks Liz, we should be ok for 29th :)....I thought it would have been plain sailing getting over the removal, but I just feel wiped out...will give Kim a call on Tuesday if I feel no different. Got some corking bruises on my tum but the scars are really neat, all internally stitched (how do they do that? :confused:) and not a drop of glue in sight :D

Yvonne xx

Hi Vampalicious, what kind of problems did you have to put up with over 7yrs! I have now opted for the bypass over the band, mainly because of the problems Liz had and a few other Sld members I have spoke to. Still interested to know the problems though as my daughter-in-law had it done less than 12 months ago and already a few niggles! Ps - Tried to look at your comparison photos but there was an album with nothing in it! You withered away to nowt'! - Paul x

Last edited:
oooo vampalicious thats why im not having the band now, im going for the sleeve, im very excited!! eeeek, oooo can i say your bottom pic is lovely! very pretty :) just thought id say xx

thanks sweetpea x

Back