• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Shaving, post it notes & last minute advise...

TMD68

Six Month Post Op
I forgot to ask at my pre-op and now starting to whittle over stupid little things?!

Ok so I am about 2.5 hour drive away from the Derby Hospital where I am getting banded...

Overnight stay, hubby taking me etc -- be blunt - how 'uncomfortable' is the ride home going to be? Paracetamol-able?

Has anyone please got ANY advice for self aftercare? Have booked a week off work following the op (I have a desk job so should be fine after this although will play that by ear)

Oh and am SOoooooo shaving! Was going to anyway, but was going to leave it til the last minite - imagine my mirth when they took a groin swab on Monday...I had the decency to BLUSH haha haha

I am taking some post it notes in with me and I will be leaving a post it not stuck to my 'foo foo' and also on my tummy - not quite decided WHAT i'm going to put but will let you all know when i'm back.

Nerves have started to kick in, and feel aprehensive and tearful - but am sure that run of the course and perfectly NORMAL.

Hits, tips, advice all gratefully received! xx

Do they really take a groin swab???? I know they do the armpit, but the groin? Heck, if they can find it........best of luck!!!

You did make me laugh about the post it notes!!!!!

I hope it all goes well for you hun, you will be absolutely fine. Looking forward to hearing how it all went.

You will be fine - being emotional is par for the course! Im a bypasser but if it helps, I survived the journey home on paracetamol with no probs - one of the banders will be along in a sec to reassure you Im sure. Are you really going to stick post its on your bits? Thats hilarious!

Do they really take a groin swab???? I know they do the armpit, but the groin? Heck, if they can find it........best of luck!!!

That is what I was thinking!!!!

Hi TMD

the journey will be fine on paracetamol...but if you can, use a pillow or cushion to hold against your tummy for extra support to stop any jiggling :eek: (I had to travel 3.5 hours and used my dressing gown as had forgotten pillow) I used a pillow for at least the first week if I travelled in the car...it also helps incase you need to cough.

good luck :)

I've just read somrthing about having a pillow to cuddle to your tummy on the way home being a good idea.

I'm also taking arnica and echinachea, and multi vits

Back