• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

sinisitus antibiotics and bypass on thursday

sewingbelle56

hi my nose feels like ive been punched in the face , dr gave me a 5 day course of antibiotics , doxycycline making me feel super sick. doing ok with pre op diet

do you think sinusitus will it will affect me being allowed to have my bypass gp said i would be better in 2-3 days .
any one know???

aww you poor thing :( you sound like you should be tucked in bed

fingers crossed its clear for your bypass, not sure personally but you could try ringing the surgeons sec and asking ? or is that tempting fate

take care and hopefully you will feel better very soon

You poor thing.

They will have to know because of the drugs you are on plus the anaesthetist will have to know as sinusitis affects your breathing.

You should be ok by Thursday though.

Good luck

(((hugs)))

SOrry to hear you are poorly. Hope the anti-biotics kick in soon and you feel some relief.

I think, for safety's sake, if you are still poorly on Wednesday you should ring the surgeons secretary for advice. Having a general anaesthetic is risky enough without added complications.

Fingers crossed you will be better by then xx

Hi hope u feel better soon, if that was me i would def wait till Wednesday and see how u feel, if u started the course yesterday then 5 days will be Wednesday and hopefully by then u will feel so much better and recovered ready for surgery.

Hi

Poor you

I couldnt believe it when i just read this i was exactly the same before my op , I also ended up having gromets 3 days before my bypass, sinusitis wont effect your surgery BUT being on antiobiotics may so you need to ring and check, sorry to be the bearer of bad news but this is what my GP told me, but my hospital was ok with it all.

Helen
xxxxxx

I was on antibiotics for a chest infection the week before my op and they still decided to go ahead. You must tell them about the antibiotics though because it could affect andy medication they may decided to give you.

Back