• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Skinny feet + stuff

Sharonimo

Sleeve to Bypass
Hi peeps,

Well it has taken me days and days to catch up on this forum. Last week was so busy at work I found myself arriving home late most evenings, getting online late and never making it onto WLS.

SKINNY FEET
For a few days I thought my shoes were getting a bit too wide and boat like and perhaps I should start wearing two pairs of socks to fill them ..... then this morning after my shower I took time to look at them properly and they seem to be less "fat", they have lost some of the plumpness and bloating they used to have.

Thus I think my 2 x men's pairs of loafers (size 9) are now one size too big and I can probably go back to a size 8 next time I buy again !!

Was not sure initially if this "thin feet" thing is just due to the cold ?? (but I have good heating in my flat so am not cold in here) .... but I think I will have to accept it might actually be due to weight loss.

GIGANTIC WINTER COAT -- BUYING A NEW ONE !!!
Think I mentioned on another post about a month ago that the big black wool winter coat I have is a size 32 (it was sold as a size 32 but I do wonder if it might actually be a 32/34). It was big when I bought it (about 18 months ago) but only by a few inches.

It is now 10" too big for me and not even keeping me warm because it is flapping about 10" away from my body !!!

It is way too complicated to move all the buttons and button holes, so I have caved in and ordered myself a new size 26 winter coat (again from ebay) costing less than £20 so not about to break the bank.

Due to the current arctic conditions I just could not cope with my current size 32/34 coat flapping about 10" away from me any longer.... hopefully the new coat will arrive sometime next week and I will still get at least 2 months' wear out of it (assuming Feb, March and sometimes early April remain cold) before I re-sell it back on eBay.

My pre-op weight loss to date has not been great in numbers (I think it is a bit more than in my side panel but I have not updated recently) but the small changes in my shape are noticeable already.

CAN'T WAIT until the *post* op super shrinking fun starts !!!!

Wooowooooo well done Sharon! Sounds like you're doing really well :) And yes, the feet can get thinner, but also the arch isnt so flattened with the extra weight, so the foot can shorten with the increased arch height :)

Hmmm, perhaps i should start my pre op diet soon!

im only coming up to 7 weeks post op but i also thort my shoes felt a bit big compared to usual....not enuf to need a smaller size yet but uve confirmed my suspicions tht shrinkage of the feet is actually possible lol

Sounds good :) well done and happy coat buying xx

My fingers are tiny now!
I've got no rings that fit me anymore,
And my shoes are too big... This weightloss game is costing a fortune!
But wouldn't change it for anything!!!!

hi sharonimo,
loved your post darlin - you explain things wonderfully!
i can't say i've noticed any difference in my feet but, i have lost 24lb on my pre-op diet and the rings on my fingers are swivelling around like mad. i thought about having to buy new clothes [goody goody] but not buying new or altering my jewellery too!!
onwards and upwards
jan xx

i'm wearing a watch i had bought for my 18th birthday :) long time ago too :) my rings are swivelling round and same problem with shoes have had to buy some not wide fitting ones now and one pair is half size smaller than usual too :) i have the same problem with my bra too my boobs are shrinking in there :(

congrats i went down 2 shoe sizes in my journey
which i always thought was crazy how do your feet shrink

I will be so glad when I am no longer restricted to JUST men's shoes. For the past year or so I had to increase from an 8 to a 9 ..... at size 9 there is no hope in the ladies' rails and all my slippers, boots, trainers and plain loafers (androgynous) have been from the men's rails.

That is until about a week ago (as above) I noticed that I have gone back down to an 8 and am now wearing 2 or 3 pairs of socks inside my size 9 loafers.

8 is kind of "borderline" -- sometimes you can find reasonable size 8's at the top end of the ladies' rails, but not always ...... if I could go back down to size 7 like when I was about 15 years old I would be delighted ...... but that will take quite a lot more weight loss, me thinks ;-)

Back