• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

smoking !!

alison1979

hi all i have a question on smoking i only smoke when i have an drink alcoholic one that is, and i will be stopping altogether a couple months before surgery, does my surgen need to know as i have not been asked about smoking ( would have explained that i am not a regular smoker) but can remember being asked, i have read its safer if you give up several weeks before and i am ok with that as i go week to week without 1 anyway so willl just stop, just worry they should maybe know :confused:

alison1979

Hi Alison. I'm the same as you, only have the occasional tab. I have never been asked about smoking that I remember and nothing was mentioned at my endoscopy last week. Maybe it's best to stop anyway, that way it doesn't matter if they know about it or not.
Good luck.

Hi jema, i think u are right and i am i just worry they will know when they do the surgery and not do it, are you going to do the same, nothing was mentioned in my endo neither and that was september, are u going to sunderland? when u looking at getting yours done then? thanks for the advice hun xx

jema

Hi jema, i think u are right and i am i just worry they will know when they do the surgery and not do it, are you going to do the same, nothing was mentioned in my endo neither and that was september, are u going to sunderland? when u looking at getting yours done then? thanks for the advice hun xx

My op is at Sunderland, but don't know when. I had endoscopy last Tuesday and was told I was on the list from then. Others have been on here and reckon it'll be around 3 months.

alison1979

3 months really??? i was told 6 from the dietiatin x

alison1979

To be honest Alison, I hope it is 6! Really not sure if I'm doing the right thing, but apparently this is normal to have the jitters..lol

hi jema, i have the jitters all the time and i really would not worry to much about it i have good and bad days and have felt like that for a long time xx

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
when i doubt im doing the right thing i think about next summer and how gutted i will be if i didnt go through with it. If we could do it on our own we wouldnt have even considered surgery. I just want mine NOW!! lol

MissDiet

Come on lbs!!!
I think you should tell them on the day of op so you get the right info about dvt and how to follow up surgery by wearing stockings and injecting etc

X

Caren

Love my sleeve!!
I think you should tell them on the day of op so you get the right info about dvt and how to follow up surgery by wearing stockings and injecting etc

X
i'd keep quiet in case they dont do it, but if you stop now theres not really a problem :) x