• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So…it's really happening!

Sunshine100

I started my LSD today!

I can hardly believe I am almost there. Compared to some, my journey has not been so long on the road to surgery. I first approached my GP in April 2014 to ask for a referral and here I am, 9 days away from bypass. YIKES!

I must admit it seems so much longer. I think it is because we invest so much emotion in the whole process, it is such a slog. It could also be to do with the life time of going it alone with dieting and such before we even get to asking for a referral for WLS.

Anyway, one day of LSD down, bag packed, plans in place…full steam ahead!

Very good luck with the LSD, which one you doing?

Hi everyone, thanks for the replies and support, it's much appreciated.

Los in it- I am doing the low cal food LSD as I am diabetic. I'm not actually that hungry on it however I have zero energy. I guess I need to get used to that feeling though!

Maychick- thanks Hun, it will be your turn before you know it x

Su2ie- thanks, you are right, very exciting and scary at the same time :)

Julrydr64- thank you! I will update as I go along

So today has not been to bad. I have kept myself busy and tried hard not to think about food. It is quite amazing how often my mind randomly generates a really strong thought about a random food. I have never really noticed before but I catch myself suddenly thinking of a food with no idea why. Must resist...

Hi all, I hope you are all well.

sharon2014, Kar8858, NinaW - Thank you for your messages of support. I will endeavour to keep you as up to date as possible :)

mrspplus3 - How are you getting on with your LSD? My surgery is also on 4th January!

So… today has been ok food wise. I seem not to be having as many thoughts about random foods popping in to my head. I do have other things on my mind at the minute which seem to be occupying my thoughts rather a lot today which may have helped with the food issues.

I was writing a few things in the organiser today when it hit me that I will be going in to hospital in just six days! It is the first time I have actually sat and though very seriously about backing out of surgery but i think it was just the reality check of it all being so close. I know in my rational mind that this is the right thing for me to do and I am 100% ready for it.

Another day down on my LSD and another day closer to bypass...yay on both counts!

The LSD is going ok for me at the moment. I'm managing to stick with it which I thought I'd have trouble doing before I started.

I have my pre opp appointment tomorrow so fingers crossed it goes well.

My pre opp appointment went well. Hopefully my bloods and swabs will come back ok and it will be all systems go for surgery in 3 days time!

I'm feeling rather excited. Iv sorted out my house and I think everything is ready now...until I think of something else that has to be done :)

My pre opp appointment went well. Hopefully my bloods and swabs will come back ok and it will be all systems go for surgery in 3 days time!

I'm feeling rather excited. Iv sorted out my house and I think everything is ready now...until I think of something else that has to be done :)
Hi Sunshine

That's fab news! Not long to go now. I am so excited for you. Where you having your surgery? Good luck!
Jackie
x

Good luck with everything Sunshine. X

Happy New Year Everyone!

Jacwat- hi, I'm having surgery at Sunderland. Thanks for your good luck wishes :)

Kar8858- I think I may be able to keep my New Years resolution this year!

Bear and Su2ie- thanks for your good luck wishes. Knowing other people understand this journey is helping me through these last few days before surgery.

I am having a few issues with my LSD today, well last night mostly. I ate a couple of things I shouldn't. I don't think it was enough to cause problems but I am a bit worried about it. I need to be super strict until my admission on Saturday afternoon so I don't ruin everything.

Hi sunshine100 my lsd was goin ok I got to my pre assessment and was pleased with myself how well I'd done ... then things kinda went wrong my mam was admitted to hospital and I feel like I spent most of my time in hospital with her .. I'm the only one that drives so I was taxi for everyone. . I ate a couple of things I shouldn't of and felt awful I started thinking maybe I shouldn't do this I need all this food, I no I was just having a mini meltdown ... my mam was discharged 2day and I had got bk on track but it's the time of the month and I av ate 2 Ferrero roches. .. I cud scream at myself.
Also my surgery is at Sunderland I'm going in at 2pm Saturday ward c31 x x

Happy New Year Everyone!

Jacwat- hi, I'm having surgery at Sunderland. Thanks for your good luck wishes :)

Kar8858- I think I may be able to keep my New Years resolution this year!

Bear and Su2ie- thanks for your good luck wishes. Knowing other people understand this journey is helping me through these last few days before surgery.

I am having a few issues with my LSD today, well last night mostly. I ate a couple of things I shouldn't. I don't think it was enough to cause problems but I am a bit worried about it. I need to be super strict until my admission on Saturday afternoon so I don't ruin everything.

I thought you might be, I am too! Have my second appointment on Feb 4th and then endoscopy hopefully after that! Good luck with your LSD x

Back