• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's really happening!

Su2ie

That's fab about the weight loss and I hope it gets easier soon. Did hospital say how long the pain would be? I know everyone is different but maybe a indication?

No they didn't say anything and yes everyone is different. I know by this stage some people were pain free and I guess that's what's frustrating me! I shouldn't be surprised though, I have a connective tissue disorder so the tissues are more fragile and more prone to bruise so it's no surprise my insides feel like I've been hit by a bus!! Just have to be patient and let it heal!

Crystalrainbow

well done on the loss :) flipping amazing :) it gets better honestly hunni lol i remember those days not able to sip enough and getting meds in on empty and some on full........in short its a nightmare but just remember this is the worst is will ever be....every day it will get easier and easier then let the fun begin :)

Su2ie

Been to the nurse today to get my wounds checked and all seems to be healing well. Have taken the dressings off now thank god cos they were driving me mad!! Turns out I've had a reaction to the dressings, I've got a neat red square around each incision and they're itching like mad!!

Feeling generally much better today and like I'm on the way up (though not in weight I hope!). The pain is definitely getting better but I still can't do too much as I soon know about it if I do, all very frustrating but all in good time I suppose!

2nd chance Jo

Been to the nurse today to get my wounds checked and all seems to be healing well. Have taken the dressings off now thank god cos they were driving me mad!! Turns out I've had a reaction to the dressings, I've got a neat red square around each incision and they're itching like mad!!

Feeling generally much better today and like I'm on the way up (though not in weight I hope!). The pain is definitely getting better but I still can't do too much as I soon know about it if I do, all very frustrating but all in good time I suppose!

Aw glad it's starting to ease up for you :)

Blondie43

Pleased your starting to feel better and getting less pain with each day! Oh and 7lbs loss as well...way to go! Xx

Su2ie

So as its exactly 1 week since op thought I should have a weigh in.

Not only am I starting to feel lots better but I've lost 9lb since surgery!!

Lost 8lb on pre-op and 18lb before so a total loss of 35lb since this whole thing started - that's 2 and a half stone - yay!!

SHARONA

So as its exactly 1 week since op thought I should have a weigh in. Not only am I starting to feel lots better but I've lost 9lb since surgery!! Lost 8lb on pre-op and 18lb before so a total loss of 35lb since this whole thing started - that's 2 and a half stone - yay!!
Wow thats FANTASTIC Sue. Thats a great loss. I cant believe its been a week already. Thats gone so so quick. Glad your feeling much better too xx

Jacwat

So as its exactly 1 week since op thought I should have a weigh in.

Not only am I starting to feel lots better but I've lost 9lb since surgery!!

Lost 8lb on pre-op and 18lb before so a total loss of 35lb since this whole thing started - that's 2 and a half stone - yay!!

Fantastic Suzie, amazing loss! So pleased your starting to feel better x

Su2ie

Ok so day 11 post op update.

Healing well and pain levels much much better, barely having any pain killers at all which for me is pretty amazing as I was taking them every day before for joint pain. Still not managing to sleep comfortably but getting there.

I'm tolerating puree well but having a bit of a problem with milk for some reason. At least if I get constipated I know I just need a glass of milk to get things moving lol!! Not feeling hungry at all and mostly 'eating' by the clock at the moment - I am craving cheesy sauce though!!

Though I'm healing well and so far no problems but my head is all over the place!! Feel really emotional though I believe this is quite common after surgery. I keep feeling like I've made a massive mistake and I have no idea why!! I feel really freaked out by the fact I don't feel hungry, can't recognise feeling full it just feels uncomfortable, I don't even feel like I know when I need a wee, everything just feels s bit numb and odd.

No idea if this is normal but can't wait until I feel properly myself again and get back onto proper food!

SHARONA

Ok so day 11 post op update. Healing well and pain levels much much better, barely having any pain killers at all which for me is pretty amazing as I was taking them every day before for joint pain. Still not managing to sleep comfortably but getting there. I'm tolerating puree well but having a bit of a problem with milk for some reason. At least if I get constipated I know I just need a glass of milk to get things moving lol!! Not feeling hungry at all and mostly 'eating' by the clock at the moment - I am craving cheesy sauce though!! Though I'm healing well and so far no problems but my head is all over the place!! Feel really emotional though I believe this is quite common after surgery. I keep feeling like I've made a massive mistake and I have no idea why!! I feel really freaked out by the fact I don't feel hungry, can't recognise feeling full it just feels uncomfortable, I don't even feel like I know when I need a wee, everything just feels s bit numb and odd. No idea if this is normal but can't wait until I feel properly myself again and get back onto proper food!
Hi suzie glad your healing well. Apparently i have read a lot of people feel depressed and emotional after bariatric surgery. Not sure why. Is it because a lit of us are emotional eaters? I wander if its normal to feel like you have made a mistake? Not feeling hungry is a good thing is it not ??? I wander why you feel numb? Esp when not going for a wee?? Is it any thing to do with the nerves etc I wander. Oh my I have seen a few people on here that feel like you! Hope you will soon be back to your old self hun! X

Su2ie

Oh dear! Please don't let me put anyone off who is pre-op, I don't mean to be negative as this is a wonderful gift and I'm sure I will wholeheartedly believe that when I get back to my normal self. I'm just not sure I was psychologically prepared for after surgery, if you ever can be of course!

Yes not feeling hungry is a good thing but I feel like I've lost normal physical sensations and it feels a bit odd. Coupled with the fact that now the pain has subsided and I'm healing I'm starting to crave proper food it becomes quite a battle.

The whole gojng for a wee thing is bizarre, don't get me wrong, I haven't suddenly become incontinent bug I just don't get the sensation I need to go. Instead I eventually feel a pressure in my kidneys. I have to keep reminding myself to go. Perhaps I need to drink more???

Would be interested to find out if anyone else has had anything like this...

Su2ie

Aww thanks, I'm feeling good. Healing well but still a little sore when I eat or drink but definitely getting there.

Been a bit up and down emotionally but I'm sure I'll be fine once I get back to normal, back to work and back on solid food!

Got weighed today as I'm now 2 weeks post op and lost another 4lbs, that's 13lb lost post op, 21lb since lsd and 39lb total loss!!!!

I'll take that :)

Jacwat

Aww thanks, I'm feeling good. Healing well but still a little sore when I eat or drink but definitely getting there.

Been a bit up and down emotionally but I'm sure I'll be fine once I get back to normal, back to work and back on solid food!

Got weighed today as I'm now 2 weeks post op and lost another 4lbs, that's 13lb lost post op, 21lb since lsd and 39lb total loss!!!!

I'll take that :)
Well done Suzie, your doing amazing! xx

Vickster

Well done you! I was just thinking about your not feeling the need to wee thing. Several years ago I had an ovarian cyst removed, and was catheterised for a couple of days, when they removed it, it took me a few days to relearn how to feel the need to wee, if that makes sense? Just wondered if it could be a similar thing? x