• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's really happening!

Good luck to u Suzie!! I'm on day 4 post op, I know exactly go u feel!! Relax, take it easy, and have a good walk around later on tonight, wishing u all the best xx

Please tell me this pain goes quickly???

Feeling so sore right now :(

It really does get easier Su2ie. No one will lie to you and tell you those first few days are easy. I had a good cry with the pain and my inability to even lift my right leg. But, every day gets easier.

The pain I my chest from wind was so bad the second day after surgery, the doctor ordered an ECG just in case. Two days after that I had no more pain at all.

Well it's been a long and painful day :(

Feeling a bit sorry for myself today, can't sleep for any longer than an hour and the pain meds just aren't enough.

Really trying to keep the faith though and stay positive, every day is going to be better and the pain won't last forever.

I'm sure once I'm home I'll feel a lot better.

Well it's been a long and painful day :( Feeling a bit sorry for myself today, can't sleep for any longer than an hour and the pain meds just aren't enough. Really trying to keep the faith though and stay positive, every day is going to be better and the pain won't last forever. I'm sure once I'm home I'll feel a lot better.
Ah sweetie hang in there - you are right to focus on the positive steps you have made and in a few days it will fade I'm sure! I'm checking in on you regularly between now and Friday. Bet by Saturday I will be spouting my pain intolerance and u will be telling me it passes quickly x

Everybody's different and I'm a wuss!!

The woman in the bed opposite hardly had any pain and breezed through it. The woman next to her was demanding morphine every 5 mins!!

My problem is I'm used to taking pretty heavy duty painkillers anyway so what they're giving me isn't quite enough. The pain is better this morning anyway so onwards and upwards....

Good luck mrsg I'm sure you'll be fine, but just remember it's only a rough few days and it'll all be worth it in the long run :)

Hi Su2ie. I remember speaking to you a few weeks ago I think your local to me? Surgery Sunderland? I think the last I heard you couldn't take 26th? (The date stuck in my mind as it was my mams birthday!) I'm so glad you didn't wait much longer and hopefully the pain eases up for you :)

Aww thanks Jo, no I didn't have to wait long for another date, seems to have gone by in a whirlwind since then. Can't believe I'm now day 2 post op and home :)

How are you doing? Xx

Hi, how you doing today Suzie? x

Hi, how you doing today Suzie? x

Woke up feeling much better today, I think in part due to actually managing a few hours sleep. I had a few spoons of porridge for breakfast and as everything seemed to be fine they were happy to let me home.

Had a few small 'meals' today but not really managing much because it still hurts like hell. Managing just on paracetamol though so going in the right direction.

Glad to be home and looking forward to getting better x

Woke up feeling much better today, I think in part due to actually managing a few hours sleep. I had a few spoons of porridge for breakfast and as everything seemed to be fine they were happy to let me home. Had a few small 'meals' today but not really managing much because it still hurts like hell. Managing just on paracetamol though so going in the right direction. Glad to be home and looking forward to getting better x
Hi su2ie glad your home and feeling brighter after some rest. Im really surprised that your on porridge already. I have to be on liquids for two weeks after op then puree fir a week then soft for another week . Then the introduction to real food. Sorry your still in pain but its early days yet. Gave you weighed your self? X

I was on water only after the op on Saturday until Monday morning. For breakfast they gave us a choice of Weetabix, porridge or yogurt and the dietician said to go straight on to puree for 4 weeks, then 2 weeks of smooth.

There does appear to be a lot of variation in diet advice post op. I'm trying not to get confused by all the differences and just following what I'm told by my provider.

It is painful but I'm trying to be brave and just keep focussing on the long term, it's not forever and I'm sure will get a little easier every day.

I haven't weighed myself yet, big reluctant to at the moment because I still feel really swollen. Going to wait at least a week post op and hopefully will have a nice surprise :)

I was on water only after the op on Saturday until Monday morning. For breakfast they gave us a choice of Weetabix, porridge or yogurt and the dietician said to go straight on to puree for 4 weeks, then 2 weeks of smooth. There does appear to be a lot of variation in diet advice post op. I'm trying not to get confused by all the differences and just following what I'm told by my provider. It is painful but I'm trying to be brave and just keep focussing on the long term, it's not forever and I'm sure will get a little easier every day. I haven't weighed myself yet, big reluctant to at the moment because I still feel really swollen. Going to wait at least a week post op and hopefully will have a nice surprise :)
Hi Su2ie yes its so surprising how things differ from hospital to hospital . But you must follow what your hospital bariatric unit tells you. Your very lucky . Yes take your time. No i suppose best to weigh your self afterwards forgot that sometimes with swelling etc it can be a long while before things settle. Do you feel better at home?? Cant wait for mine now . X

well done hunni on making the other side................. pleased your home, its the best place to get better quickly......sorry to hear your suffering with pain but you have the right attitude..............today is the worst it can be, every day will get better and better......congratulations sweetheart :) all the best now x x x x x

Rather naively I expected to be feeling better by now. I bounced back from having my appendix out really quickly but then I suppose this surgery is somewhat more complex and extensive!! Silly me :)

Managing to have a variety of puree, hubby is a pretty good cook and tends to eat healthily so just pureeing whatever he has. The trouble is fitting everything in! It's so hard to fit in the sheer amount of water in sips by the time you avoid drinking with food. I'm finding it really hard to take all my medications too, there's just far too many to fit in comfortably, some I have to take with food some on an empty stomach, all very complicated!!

I really wasn't prepared for how I would feel after the op. The pain is getting a little better each day though I'm still quite sore whenever I move. I've been quite dizzy and lacking energy and today I've had some chest pains. Not sure what that's about!!

There are times I feel really sorry for myself but still looking forward to when all this gets better and I feel normal again. At that point I'm sure I'll think it was all worth it :)

Oh and I couldn't resist the scales any longer and I've lost half a stone since the op - I'll take that :)

Rather naively I expected to be feeling better by now. I bounced back from having my appendix out really quickly but then I suppose this surgery is somewhat more complex and extensive!! Silly me :) Managing to have a variety of puree, hubby is a pretty good cook and tends to eat healthily so just pureeing whatever he has. The trouble is fitting everything in! It's so hard to fit in the sheer amount of water in sips by the time you avoid drinking with food. I'm finding it really hard to take all my medications too, there's just far too many to fit in comfortably, some I have to take with food some on an empty stomach, all very complicated!! I really wasn't prepared for how I would feel after the op. The pain is getting a little better each day though I'm still quite sore whenever I move. I've been quite dizzy and lacking energy and today I've had some chest pains. Not sure what that's about!! There are times I feel really sorry for myself but still looking forward to when all this gets better and I feel normal again. At that point I'm sure I'll think it was all worth it :) Oh and I couldn't resist the scales any longer and I've lost half a stone since the op - I'll take that :)

That's fab about the weight loss and I hope it gets easier soon. Did hospital say how long the pain would be? I know everyone is different but maybe a indication?

Back