• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

So…it's really happening!

Mrspplus3- I hope your mam is on the mend after being discharged from hospital. Try not to be so hard on yourself, I'm sure 2 Ferrero roches won't make a difference. I am also being admitted on Saturday to ward c31 so we will be in together. X

Jacwat- It will be your turn before you know it! There is no waiting list after endoscopy at the moment so that speeds things up a great deal. X

Today has been ok with regard to my LSD. Nerves are starting to set in a little now but I am trying to keep a grip on it. It does not help that my mum keeps repeatedly asking me if I am sure I really want to go ahead. I understand she is nervous but wish she would at least ask a different question because I am running out of ways to explain to her that I am indeed sure. Anyway... Tomorrow is my admission day! Oh my gosh...

Hiya sunshine100

Goodluck on ur admission today, hope all goes well for you.

Im goin thru sunderland too under mr carr. I have my endoscopy on 14th jan. How long after ur endoscopy did u get op date? Im really excited for mine. X

Im with sunderland too hun ... I had my endoscopy on the 18th Dec and they rang me the same day with surgery date .. I'm being a admitted today surgery 2mw ... Gd luck love shouldn't be too long for u xx

Ah did they thats great. U will have to keep me posted on how ur surgery goes tomorrow. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Ill be getting rny bypass when i have mine. Which op r u having x

Hi Vickip99, thanks for the well wishes!
I had my endoscopy on 16th December 2014 and they rang me that same night with a surgery date for tomorrow. Good luck with your endoscopy x

Good luck to you all! Can I ask what the waiting time is currently from second appointment to endoscopy is at Sunderland? I just want a date sorted now, so excited for all of you who are so close to the start of your new lives! x

It took a little longer for my endoscopy as I hadn't lost enough weight at my app so he gave me another 3 months ... when I went for my follow up appointment to check my weightloss I received my letter for the camera about 2 weeks later. To be honest the whole process as only took just under a year for me ... seems like forever as I was turned down for it 2 years ago ... fingers crossed urs doesn't take much longer hun ... The waiting is the worst xx

It took a little longer for my endoscopy as I hadn't lost enough weight at my app so he gave me another 3 months ... when I went for my follow up appointment to check my weightloss I received my letter for the camera about 2 weeks later. To be honest the whole process as only took just under a year for me ... seems like forever as I was turned down for it 2 years ago ... fingers crossed urs doesn't take much longer hun ... The waiting is the worst xx

Thanks! I would just like a date so I know what I am facing and can sort things out with work etc, shouldn't be long now though should it? Good luck again! x

Hiya jacwat im at sunderland. i was given my weightloss target in september 2014 i then was seen by nurse on 5th of november 2014 and i had hit my target of 8kg. I was then called for pre op on 3rd dec 14 where i had lost a furtger 9.5kg. Surgeon was really pleased with my weight loss he placed me on waiting list for endoscopy there and then. He said roughly 4 weeks for appointment, then after within 4 weeks for op. So i waited a week after i seen surgeon and phoned endoscopy (as im impaitient) they told me waitin list was min 6 weeks but they give me an appointmemt over phone for 14th jan. So im just waitin for this to come about.

But since my referal in june 2014 its been pretty fast movong. So really all depends on hitting ur weight loss targets to get things moving quickly. It was really really hard for me hitting my targets but i managed it.

Good luck with everything x

Hiya jacwat im at sunderland. i was given my weightloss target in september 2014 i then was seen by nurse on 5th of november 2014 and i had hit my target of 8kg. I was then called for pre op on 3rd dec 14 where i had lost a furtger 9.5kg. Surgeon was really pleased with my weight loss he placed me on waiting list for endoscopy there and then. He said roughly 4 weeks for appointment, then after within 4 weeks for op. So i waited a week after i seen surgeon and phoned endoscopy (as im impaitient) they told me waitin list was min 6 weeks but they give me an appointmemt over phone for 14th jan. So im just waitin for this to come about.

But since my referal in june 2014 its been pretty fast movong. So really all depends on hitting ur weight loss targets to get things moving quickly. It was really really hard for me hitting my targets but i managed it.

Good luck with everything x

Thanks Vicki, I have my next appointment on 4th Feb and I am fairly confident to have met my target by then so the next longest wait will be for endoscopy. Good luck with yours, that should mean you should have a date for surgery by the end of the month. How exciting. Wishing you the best of luck! xx

Yea possibly so. Surgeon did say roughly end of jan. So hopefully hes true on his word. Just do what i did and wait a week and ring endoscopy. U will get appointment quicker that way. Wishing u luck too hope its quick. Coz mine has been very quick. Where r u from if u dont mind me asking x

Yea possibly so. Surgeon did say roughly end of jan. So hopefully hes true on his word. Just do what i did and wait a week and ring endoscopy. U will get appointment quicker that way. Wishing u luck too hope its quick. Coz mine has been very quick. Where r u from if u dont mind me asking x

Thanks Vicki, I am from Durham, what about you? I will ring them as soon as my appointment is over. I honestly cant wait but it seems to be all I can think of! x

Im the same. Its my birthday this month too and ill probs me on milk diet for it lol. Im in south shields. Itll not be too long for u im sure x

When is ur op? I think as long as ur not bunged up u shud be fine. Just ring ward before u go in. To save ur journey x

Back